Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 5 Jan 2000, 02:10 (Ref:13084)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I WAS CRRRRRRRRAZY!

Why did I ever think F1 '99 was really that good? I played it today for the first time in ages, after several weeks playing F1 World Grand Prix.

What the hell were Psygnosis up to? It just goes to show F1 '97 will NEVER be beaten.

My gripes:
1: The cars look dire. And I mean it. No detail on any but your own, all colourful and poorly drawn.

2: The AI. There isn't any.

3: It's too bloody smooth. You feel like you are floating on the surface of the track, if you get my meaning - like Sega Rally on DC.

4: It's just NOT REALISTIC.

5: Eddie Irvine won AGAIN. EI never wins that many races! It's flippin' ridiculous.

You can say what you like about F1 WGP Pablo, but this is why I think it is better.

1: The races are real races - there aren't 5 cars all fighting for the lead at the same second.

2: The handling is proper. Learn how to take the corners, instead of charging round them, and it's gorgeous.

3: The replays use proper TV camera angles, and the car's details are SO MUCH better than F1 '99.

4: It feels like F1. F1 '99 doesn't.

There's more things which I like about WGP, like the customisable championship (yesssss! It's back!) and so on, but I won't bore you.

All I will say is, don't judge F1 WGP by what you see when you first switch on your Playstation.

Minardi fan.

And one more thing, play WGP on simulation mode with damage on, and you won't get off the grid. Use Arcade - it says arcade, but it's more simmy than F1 '99 will ever be.

Old 5 Jan 2000, 15:26 (Ref:13085)   #2
pablo
Rookie

United States
Tulsa, OK, USA
pablo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi Fan, your probably right on your evaluation of WGP, if I had got WGP first I would more than likely prefer it over F-1 99. I ran 15-20 races with F-1 99 before I got WGP. When I popped it in I was expecting something different I guess. I don't know what. I still think F-1 99 has better graphics (preference, not that your wrong and I'm right, I just prefer F-1 99).

I also agree there will never be another F-1 championship edition (F-1 97 in north america).

I'm truly waiting for F-1 WGP on Dreamcast, it is suppose to be out over here the end of January. I'm hoping that it will be the ulitimate console F-1 game.

Have you played the Dreamcast version of F-1 WGP?

I really liked F-1 WGP on N64, just couldn't stand that controller. (preference again)
Old 5 Jan 2000, 17:44 (Ref:13086)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I've played it, and I'd rather play the Playstation version. It's very limited as far as F1 games go - no retirements, '98 season, god-awful analogue control, big bugs.... no way is it the ultimate F1 game.

I'd stick with your PS Pablo.

Minardi fan.