Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 6 Jul 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3274651)   #26
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
I have both forza4 and gt5 there's no comparison n24 is 1 of many reasons GT is better. Granted Forz has the best cars but it is so damn boring and repetitive.
I giggle when I read statements like this. Just complete fanboy status. PD has been hucking out the same crap with just a few addons for the entire series. It's a series thats just so focused on insane, extreme pixel count, cut scenes than anything else.

Forza is missing a few awesome things...like full on night racing, and they've gotten rid of some great cars, and could stand to add a ton more, but, that will likely show up in FM5.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 7 Jul 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3274771)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol agreed

N24 against about 6 cars is about as far as you can go

And the poster is spot on when he talks about pixel count, why on earth would any GAME persist in having a mode where you don't actually do anything other than watch your car being driven by a computer!

Total rubbish from Polyphony really, but it matters not, people will buy it in their millions, and play this demo depite the fact about 20 people in the world have a realistic chance of winning and being turned from geeks into racing drivers after being turned into one at the expense of millions from Nissan and Sony.

The sheer fact you like cars is enough to prove you either want to or can drive, it proves very little after that, that with enough training and preparation you might be able to drive a race car.

There have been countless guys who have done it on money alone of course, without much talent
Old 10 Jul 2013, 02:37 (Ref:3276156)   #28
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I just downloaded the 2013 GT Academy on my PS3. The Silverstone track is just awesome, and I'm loving the soft suspension on the cars now. Unfortunately, it isn't much of a "demo"... just four tracks (Suzuka, Grand Valley, Silverstone, and Autumn Ring) and three cars (Nissan 370Z, Nissan 370Z GT Academy, Nissan Leaf). I was hoping for a quick drive at Bathurst.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3276631)   #29
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In all honesty GT has become the CoD of racing games minus the fun value and quick releases.

At the time when it first came out it seemed really impressive and I was a Gt 'fanboy' all the way up to 4. Then, it was clear P.C. Simulators generally give you the same realism (better) AND more immersion, honestly GT5 races seem more like a track day than an actual professional auto race. Cars pitting half a stint before their full potential, abortion of an AI system and the terrible online lobby all ruin the experience.

When I plopped in Forza 4 and enjoyed it more than GT5 I honestly cried, it was like the soul had been ripped from out of me. The F1 games for that matter are more enjoyable because it gives you the true immersion of a GP weekend. I won't be buying Forza 5 because I'm not buying the X-box one, but I will stick to P.C. For simulation, and Codies for Console fun.

Last edited by FordCosworthPanoz; 11 Jul 2013 at 15:27.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3276633)   #30
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Who's going to buy PS4 anyway!!!
Looking at online reaction a lot more people than the X-Box NSA port!

Still, P.C. Ftw.

Sadly, consoles are the future, when a game like Skyrim which is basically custom made for P.C. Sells 75% of its copies to console games you know P.C. Gaming is doomed, which is sad.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3276637)   #31
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Goodwood Festival of Speed will be coming to GT6.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3276646)   #32
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
I have both forza4 and gt5 there's no comparison n24 is 1 of many reasons GT is better.
Too bad it takes you 6 months (or 1 if you have no life) gameplay to get to that. Nothing says thrilling quite like the Grand Valley 300k competing in a Peugeot 908 against saloon cars just to get it over with, or of course GT5's thrilling 'Indy 500'
Old 11 Jul 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3276659)   #33
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
And that's why I like the Gran Turismo games. Lots of cars and lots of fun extras. If iRacing would have all that, it would be perfect - its sorry excuse for a car set is one per class of racing. Only one GT3 car, only one GT1 car, only one GT2 car, only one Formula 1 car, and an old IndyCar model. That's why I find that I like to alternate.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3276701)   #34
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
At least they're all better than those new NASCAR games from the people who made Test Drive LM (I forget their names), the games are so bad and were so boring I basically went onto the online lobby with a "Viva Communism" car with Chinese, North Korean and Cuban flags just to get a reaction from some of the Bubbas that play it.

Nr2003 is probably still the best oval racing simulator to this day, IRacing is fun but I don't like the 'spec' aspect or cost.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3276719)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The thing is GT games are so boring to play I am afraid

Iracing is expensive agreed, but the quality of racing and the actualy quality of the fel and sim itself is no comparison, GT5 is an arcade game in comparison

And don't think that coz a few aliens have got to real racing through it its any good, the stuff they do in a sim bears absolutely no relation to real racing, its just that they are able to do things with a controller that most people cant and that gets them up there
Old 11 Jul 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3276725)   #36
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
And don't think that coz a few aliens have got to real racing through it its any good, the stuff they do in a sim bears absolutely no relation to real racing, its just that they are able to do things with a controller that most people cant and that gets them up there
Small point of order, on the current UK leaderboard the highest ranked person using a controller is 41st, about 1.5s off the pace - all the top times are being set with a wheel & pedals.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3276750)   #37
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
I've always found using a wheel to be easier, always have problems gripping to the controller.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3277054)   #38
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I've always found using a wheel to be easier, always have problems gripping to the controller.
I like to be able to use larger movements with the steering wheel - it allows the turning to be a lot more precise... if you get a twitch you're out in the grass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
...I basically went onto the online lobby with a "Viva Communism" car with Chinese, North Korean and Cuban flags just to get a reaction from some of the Bubbas that play it.
Your next car should feature "MAN LOVE RULES OK" (hence the Top Gear episode).

Old 12 Jul 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3277064)   #39
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I like to be able to use larger movements with the steering wheel - it allows the turning to be a lot more precise... if you get a twitch you're out in the grass.

Your next car should feature "MAN LOVE RULES OK" (hence the Top Gear episode).

Go to youtube and look for "NASCAR the game reactions" and you'll see trolling is done on a much larger scale. Basically the online lobby consists of rednecks, awkward kids and trolls.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3277441)   #40
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Indeed it will be! And so will the BMW Z4 GT3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33XHZ0A51ck
Old 19 Jul 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3279478)   #41
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I just spent a half hour doing one sector of the lap and despite being over a second within the gold time was 50,000th worldwide

Really if Nissan are using this to determine their future drivers, I beg to think.

Its a load of rubbish and doesn't reflect real droving at all, are you seriously suggesting a bloke that is quick enough to win this is a driver?

I realise some of the guys that have won it are doing OK, but a gamer is a very different person to a driver, and only a gamer could win this.

PR tripe
Old 19 Jul 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3279502)   #42
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I just spent a half hour doing one sector of the lap and despite being over a second within the gold time was 50,000th worldwide

Really if Nissan are using this to determine their future drivers, I beg to think.

Its a load of rubbish and doesn't reflect real droving at all, are you seriously suggesting a bloke that is quick enough to win this is a driver?

I realise some of the guys that have won it are doing OK, but a gamer is a very different person to a driver, and only a gamer could win this.

PR tripe

If you dislike so much, chunder, then why do you play it? If you don't like it, then why do you insist on posting about how bad it all is? Yes, it is PR, but is PR necessarily bad? I'm pretty sure Steve Doherty, Lucas Ordonez, Mark Schulzitsky, Jordan Tresson, Jann Mardenborough, Peter Reip, etc don't think so.

In bold, "and only a gamer could win this". Yes, but does that make them not a driver, by default?

It's just insulting to everyone, including myself, who have nearly placed into the competition (like me), those who have (like my old GTPlanet friend Edward Gomez), and those who have won, like Lucas Ordonez.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 01:51 (Ref:3279557)   #43
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Lucas Ordonez could pilot one of the Nissan GTR's for the Bathurst 12hr next year, can't wait to see how he and Alex buncombe go, they have a chance to win it.
Old 25 Jul 2013, 10:12 (Ref:3281406)   #44
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...in-development

Quote:
Gran Turismo Movie in Development
Move over Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, God of War, the Elder Scrolls or Fallout, looks like Gran Turismo is going to get a video-game movie, from the 50 Shades of Grey producers!

Why?

The Plot?

Will it have damage?

Will only a small number of the cars in the movie use premium CGI?

Can't wait to see a Fast and Furious movie with Nissans, Nissans, Nissans, Nissans, Nissans, more Nissans, a VW camper van from the 70s and some more Nissans. Should be a major success.
Old 26 Jul 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3281677)   #45
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
http://www.gtplanet.net/

Two words:

Epic fail.

How can they make a movie out of a car racing game? There has never been any dialogue in the game, never any characters, never any "signature AI" that provide some story line... I'm completely lost how they will be able to draw anything from this...
Old 1 Aug 2013, 06:08 (Ref:3284510)   #46
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
It seems as though this movie is really happening.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...epresentative/

What a waste of time and effort that could be going into GT7.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3296569)   #47
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
apri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brands hatch is also in GT6, if anyone else hasn't said it is
Old 31 Aug 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3296808)   #48
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by apri View Post
brands hatch is also in GT6, if anyone else hasn't said it is
Knew that, just forgot to post.

Also Apricot Hill (w/ night also available), Fisker Karma, Pagani Huayra, BMW Z8, and much more.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3297804)   #49
apri
Rookie

United Kingdom
apri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I hope they bring back SSR11 (Both versions. '97 and '01 versions?)
Old 2 Sep 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3297947)   #50
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Knew that, just forgot to post.

Also Apricot Hill (w/ night also available), Fisker Karma, Pagani Huayra, BMW Z8, and much more.
Can't wait for Brands Hatch, good to see Apricot Hill back too, one of my favourite circuits from previous versions. Just hope they keep Spa in as well.