Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 12 Oct 2000, 00:03 (Ref:42472)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On our way back to Atlanta Airport for our respective trips back home, my cousin and I decided to drive north and visit Road Atlanta. There are no signs, and I do mean NO SIGNS to point you there, so it was lucky for us we had a good map.

When we got there we were at first told that they were having "an event" (to do with motorcycles) and we could not go in; however, on hearing that we were from California and Canada, Those Panoz People could not have been nicer. They not only said we could go in, but pointed out the only gate not locked or guarded, and phoned through to tell them we were "legal"! We were only cautioned not to "get in the way' down in the pitlane, which we faithfully promised to do and we did in fact keep a sharp eye out while we were cruising the bikers (motorcycle leathers improve the appearance of virtually every man under the age of 30....)

We drove up a service road and parked the car and went down to the fences to take pictures, then cruised up a couple of other corners and did the same. Once a security truck full of guards asked if they could help us, and we said we were just Northerners taking pictures, and they said, "Oh, right, well have fun," and off they went. We were allowed to peer in windows, walk around the racing school, and snap to our hearts' content, and everyone was very friendly.

Although in my opinion Road Atlanta is not as good a track as Mosport, and I can't imagine what it must be like to get in and out on race day, it's a beaut of a track and it looks like a right old challengee to drive!
Old 12 Oct 2000, 18:51 (Ref:42610)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

But did you get any Panoz goodies ??

........an old push rod V8 for example ???

SL
Old 12 Oct 2000, 23:04 (Ref:42655)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly the Performance Centre and Pro Shop were both closed while we were there. But they have been known to let people rummage their bits on request ...