Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:11 (Ref:45276)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Danielsun is gonna buy a round at the Donington truck racing next weekend to show his gratitude for the hospitality he has received this year ?

anyone ? Anyone ? ANYONE ? ANYONE ?

Arse...
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:22 (Ref:45280)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Earth to Craig - come back to reality please. There couldn't possibly be any truth in such an outlandish rumour.
You'll give the trackside forum a bad name if you go about starting such ridiculous rumours on here.
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:27 (Ref:45284)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Could be time to call the police out on him again - and this time, i'll let them arrest the bugger! (I so wish I had a photo of that incident...!)
Old 28 Oct 2000, 15:17 (Ref:45409)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Headline News

Latest reports confirm that the rumour that Danielsun might actually discover the whereabouts of his wallet and buy a round at Donington have proven to be nothing more than a cruel hoax.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 18:53 (Ref:45647)   #5
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allow me to tell you what it is like to have no money, in a country where you seemingly need millions of pounds to live on an annual basis: BLOODY DIFFICULT...

Enough of that. I do get paid on Tuesday, so anyone who knows how I might get to Donington without Craig's assistance will consider themselves to be owed one or three...
Old 29 Oct 2000, 19:42 (Ref:45656)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
That it can be, Dan, but 60 million others seem to manage. (well, 55 million manage, the others struggle as they're our of work )

So, anyone that can help you get to Donington gets a free drink, do they ? Blimey!
Old 29 Oct 2000, 20:01 (Ref:45660)   #7
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Coming from a country in which it does not cost a mint to live, yes, it is difficult. And it rains all the time...

Guess that counts you out then, doesn't it? You're not much help, bloke. If I get there, you might be lucky anyway...
Old 29 Oct 2000, 20:07 (Ref:45663)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
You're not much help, bloke. If I get there, you might be lucky anyway...
I'm not sure if that was a joke or not Dan but, either way, I take exception to that remark. I think that a good number of us have put ourselves out to help you this year - and I don't think that comments like that help one little bit.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 20:09 (Ref:45665)   #9
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Are you being an arse? Do you think this thread will get anywhere? How about we ditch this and keep it literally trackside...
Old 29 Oct 2000, 21:52 (Ref:45712)   #10
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's "voice my opinion" Lorna.

Living is expensive, so much so, Dan, that I am currently applying for a part time job on top of my demandng full time job to get myself out of debt because I have my flat to maintain, a car to run, food to buy, etc, and expensive motorsport spectator habit. Nobody said life was easy (financially and other) but paying your own way or showing a bit of gratitude by repaying favours, like I try to do is all a part of living. We are all in the same boat and have to manage, so your cries for help of your financial situation do not separate you from the rest of us.

Here's an example of an act of kindness. One time when the guys came over to my flat for the evening, money was dire. Woody turned up with a bunch of flowers and loo roll. Craig turned up with a jar of coffee. The guys have always brought stuff over for me when they have stayed at my place. I've saved them a cold night in a tent or a hotel room bill. It doesn't sound much but I will always remember them for those acts of kindness. It's a case of give and take. Have you ever thought about offering petrol money? Paying for half of their ticket or such like?

Okay, I'm babbling now. I'm off.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:20 (Ref:45718)   #11
Carrie
Veteran

Think Lorna's just about summed things up there. I do a job which I absolutely love (yes, a lot of people are well aware that my job has been far from perfect, but I still love it to bits and I'm still far too over protective of my museum), but, working in a museum is never going to make me rich, far from it in fact. I knew that when I decided to start working in museums, money might be tight, but the compensation for that is a wonderful and varied job.
Okay, I'm getting sidetracked (you shouldn't allow me to mention museums, I can go on about them all day). The truth is I give up a lot of other things to ensure that I can spend most of my weekends at a racetrack somewhere or other while also having enough money to live off and keep my car on the road!
I know exactly what it is like to be short of money, right now, I'm earning just enough to see me from month to month, but in the past I've done a year of voluntary work because that's what's necessary if you want to work in museums, but it ain't exactly good for the bank balance. I've also spent time working 13 hour shifts 7 days a week just to ensure I could pay my way through uni.
I wish I could afford to be more generous to everyone when we're at the track, as it is, I'll at least try to ensure that I bring along enough sweets / biscuits / chocolates to keep everyone happy for the day and I still have a habit of coming away from a track feeling slightly guilty that I haven't done more because there's a lot of people in our group go out of their way where generosity is concerned.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:30 (Ref:45722)   #12
Lorna
Veteran

Yeah, but Carrie. I think I speak for most people here, your generosity of bringing some food and sharing with the rest of us is enough. We all don't expect any more because we know that you are not a multi millionaire (if you were, we would expect to be picked up in a helicopter, five star hotel, VIP hospitatlity.... you get my drift!). We all do what we can afford. I am grateful for the amount of drinks that people have shelled out for me this year in the bar at circuits. Invader and Craig come straight to mind for that (I know there are others so don't queue up to slate me for not mentioning you!). Sparky shelled out for a meal and a drink at Snett the other weekend. I really remember those acts of kindness. You, Carrie, have provided food, given me some software, it's all remembered. The fact that you take time to post timetables so we know what the hell is going on at race meetings is appreciated too.

Off on a tangent again. To me, it's not how much you spend to help people out, it's the fact that you have a big enough heart and are thoughtful enough to do it. That act is priceless. I'm not very religious but the poor man that gives his only penny means more to me than a rich man giving a tiny fraction of his wealth to the church. Which one would you honour more?
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:42 (Ref:45730)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Carrie, you're speaking ****** again (about you needing to be more generous). I'm not gonna try and make a really long post telling you why, cos i've had a couple of drinks, and it'd not be all that easy

To put it simply - what Lorna said...!

And Dan, i'm sorry to have started this in such a public forum, but maybe you'll see how some people are thinking by certain posts.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:45 (Ref:45732)   #14
Carrie
Veteran

VIP hospitality? Well, I did manage that at the Jordan Day
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:48 (Ref:45735)   #15
Lorna
Veteran

Hehe. You did, didn't you Carrie. And the fact that you thought of me and let me have a ticket is also remembered as well. Fab day out.... lobster for lunch..... so cool! I think I drank your share of wine that day, Carrie! I'll have to try and enter some competitions and try and return the favour one day.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:48 (Ref:45736)   #16
Carrie
Veteran

Cheer Craig, nice to know my opinion is valued so much
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:50 (Ref:45740)   #17
Carrie
Veteran

Well, I think we should settle for nothing less than VIP hospitality at every race meeting next season
Hope you're reading this Mr. Mallett, Mr. Pearson
Old 29 Oct 2000, 23:04 (Ref:45749)   #18
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
... Mr. Ecclestone...
Old 29 Oct 2000, 23:17 (Ref:45762)   #19
Lorna
Veteran

Hehe. Setting your goals a bit high there, aren't you Tim?