Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Apr 2010, 01:12 (Ref:2680870)   #26
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
[QUOTE.

I wouldn't mind paying for alcohol at the events as long as the pricing was fair and resonable. But I'm sorry $6.00 for a can of XXXX and $10.00 for a can of spirits (Clipsal 500 prices) is just ripping off the public blind.[/QUOTE]

Elegantly put, and I agree 100%. What next. Banning BYO chairs so we are forced to hire theirs?
Old 28 Apr 2010, 01:37 (Ref:2680873)   #27
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Racer, If it's anything like the Clipsal this year, The event staff wouldn't let anyone take in any bottle that the top had been cracked on. I tried to take in a bottle of made up cordial (Just like I'd done for the past 10 years) only to be told I had to throw it in the bin. The amout of wasted plastic and water at the entry gate was staggering. As were the arguments, the fact that common sense seems to go out the window with this stuff is beyond me.

Make prices more resonable then patrons have no need to try to smuggle in alcohol.

Saves the patrons money
Saves the event organises money (Requiring less staff to check bags etc)

Oh yeah that would cost Tony a pocketful of cash !!!!
Old 28 Apr 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2681167)   #28
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
[QUOTE.

I wouldn't mind paying for alcohol at the events as long as the pricing was fair and resonable. But I'm sorry $6.00 for a can of XXXX and $10.00 for a can of spirits (Clipsal 500 prices) is just ripping off the public blind.
Elegantly put, and I agree 100%. What next. Banning BYO chairs so we are forced to hire theirs?[/QUOTE]

Just about got it right! It seems a little ironic that the management of the series only solicits sponsors with $$$ that can add value to the series...yet restricts team sponsors having the right to promote their products..
E.G: pouring rights for venues, yet team sponsors that carry alcohol branding at events cannot promote or sell their products unless it is via "authorised" channels.
Bit like the old "fag" days.... if a venue had a smoke free policy...did that mean you could not bring a pack of Winnies to the venue?...

Footnote: I don't or never have smoked..watching Winfield branded cars never made me want to become a foul breathed idiot!

It is about the money for VE$SA
Old 29 Apr 2010, 10:31 (Ref:2681563)   #29
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymacca View Post
if a venue had a smoke free policy...did that mean you could not bring a pack of Winnies to the venue?...
But cars with cigarette advertising weren't allowed in the gate which is why Calder Park lost the Touring Cars years ago when they did a deal with the Quit campaign.