Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 May 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2689379)   #76
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mike Bell;2689340]Errrrrr

If it's a Ford- Blue Oval against Focus, Cossies etc. Guess CSLs could run in a BMW series but that's about it. Mainland Europe has more interest, Germany and Netherlands I believe and Scandinavia also. In UK there are several cars that appear intermittently, but rarely all together. Hopefully the attraction of Brands GP will get some more out!

Seems a shame. Tough to justify a car with so little sport available for it. I've always lusted after a Cologne Capri but............
Old 12 May 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2689383)   #77
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
No the model after it - Chris Snowden used to peddle a modsports version in the 90's with good success. I had a roadcar version as one of my first cars always had a soft spot for them. Looking at the Deyong website they seemed quite successful in period.
I had one too Simon. When you drove it in the wet, the floor rotted as fast as you could say 'Isopon', which you needed in industrial quantities!
Magic car in every other way
Old 14 May 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2690181)   #78
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Simon, MK2 Cortina with an FVA

towed by a MK1 transit

I can hear you dribbling from here
Transit with a Uren V6 of course Zef... Mark Konig had one
Old 22 May 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2696024)   #79
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Full timetable and finals are here

Splitting the Gentleman Drivers race into under / over 3 litres should provide those of us with smaller engined cars a good (2 hr!) race on Sunday, then need to get head into 'slicks' mode again for two 25 min Interserie-Proto-Touring 70s races on Monday!

Can't wait

How your plans coming on, Erik?
Old 24 May 2010, 08:12 (Ref:2696960)   #80
Tom Walker
Rookie

England
leics
Tom Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, I have entered my Lola (T160), in the Interserie/Proto 70's races which are both on Monday. Which car are you in for those ? I have run the Lola on Dunlop treaded up to now, but bought a set of Avon slicks a week ago and went to Mallory last wednesday to try them...they transform the car, and are much more progressive than I thought they'd be. I think I might have had too much air in them though...the spec sheet sadi 20 psi hot, does that sound right ?

Tom.
Old 24 May 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2697127)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Walker View Post
Mike, I have entered my Lola (T160), in the Interserie/Proto 70's races which are both on Monday. Which car are you in for those ? I have run the Lola on Dunlop treaded up to now, but bought a set of Avon slicks a week ago and went to Mallory last wednesday to try them...they transform the car, and are much more progressive than I thought they'd be. I think I might have had too much air in them though...the spec sheet sadi 20 psi hot, does that sound right ?

Tom.
Hi Tom, I will be in one of the Touring Cars trying in vain to get within 20 secs of the lead proto lap times Look forward to seeing your T160- I've just googled it

No idea on tyre pressures for protos as lot lighter, but Avon say 26 hot for my application. On a hot day that means starting out in the teens.

Yes, I found transition to slicks a revelation, still progressive but the extra lateral grip........ On your car must be awesome!
Old 24 May 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2697257)   #82
iconway
Rookie

England
London
iconway should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
pity you can't make sunday as well as am bit short on pit crew........................
Mike, I may be around to help on Sunday, can't promise but if I am will find you in the paddock.
Old 24 May 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2697271)   #83
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Hi Ian

Would be great to see you regardless- have sent pm!

Cheers, Mike
Old 24 May 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2697280)   #84
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'll be there so will pop down and try and find everyone, no hiding though.
Old 24 May 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2697296)   #85
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I'll be there so will pop down and try and find everyone, no hiding though.

I shouldn't be too hard to find Tim,at least the 'Office' has air con,be handy for demisting the screen.
Old 25 May 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2697843)   #86
XRS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex coast
XRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone point me in the direction of the entry list for this event please? I've been on the Masters site, but I can't see it there.

Thanks
Old 25 May 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2697853)   #87
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRS View Post
Can anyone point me in the direction of the entry list for this event please? I've been on the Masters site, but I can't see it there.

Thanks
No pre event entry list from Masters- doesn't happen.

But you can get a bit of a flavour looking at the pit garage plan that lists the cars and entrants in garages

20 proto and Interserie cars in my race, including the 2 Matra MS670s
Old 25 May 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2697931)   #88
E-racer
Rookie

Sweden
London
E-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One Ferrari 512 and two 312s !!
Old 25 May 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2698008)   #89
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
No pre event entry list from Masters- doesn't happen.
Is there any reason for this or can they just not be bothered to publish one? If its the latter I find it very disappointing as a spectator and would certainly not pay to get in (Isn't it something like £20 admission??).

Garage plan looks good though, shame it clashes with crystal palace, will probably go to brands on the Monday.

Old 25 May 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2698057)   #90
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Is there any reason for this or can they just not be bothered to publish one? If its the latter I find it very disappointing as a spectator and would certainly not pay to get in (Isn't it something like £20 admission??).

Garage plan looks good though, shame it clashes with crystal palace, will probably go to brands on the Monday.

Not for me to speculate on any reason, I only race with them

Come and say Hi if you are around on Monday!
Old 25 May 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2698079)   #91
westfieldbend
Veteran

Well there is now an entry list up for Grand Prix Masters and World Sports car Masters!

http://ticket.motorsportvision.co.uk...sters-bh-.aspx On the line up tab.

Probably based on information on the garage plan though.

Old 26 May 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2698403)   #92
XRS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex coast
XRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that, I'll be there on Sunday, no doubt hanging around the garages where I know a couple of the people racing
Old 26 May 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2698576)   #93
ads274
Rookie

ads274 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the pitlane garages free to browse or do you need a pass?
Old 26 May 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2698674)   #94
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget Saturday, there's at least one of us on the Indy Circuit then, my Austin A105 will be there, as long as the volcano stays quiet and I get back from Finland on Friday.... Oldies but Goldies are split into the second and final races. Come and say hello and admire Bodymaster's restoration job - if you can find us, the paddock sounds like it'll be mayhem...
Old 26 May 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2698745)   #95
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads274 View Post
Are the pitlane garages free to browse or do you need a pass?
I'm fairly sure that there is no separate inner paddock access so it should be free for all.
Old 26 May 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2698748)   #96
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Davenall View Post
Don't forget Saturday, there's at least one of us on the Indy Circuit then, my Austin A105 will be there, as long as the volcano stays quiet and I get back from Finland on Friday.... Oldies but Goldies are split into the second and final races. Come and say hello and admire Bodymaster's restoration job - if you can find us, the paddock sounds like it'll be mayhem...
Andrew, are you just there for Saturday or are you staying over till Sunday?
Old 26 May 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2698798)   #97
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Davenall View Post
See you there Andrew,hopefully under better circumstances than Mallory.
Old 26 May 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2698833)   #98
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

Is there any testing happening on Friday? I have the day off and will be there all 3 race days anyway, so was think about heading up friday aswell, if there is any testing?

Thanks
Brands Hatch
Old 26 May 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2698846)   #99
westfieldbend
Veteran

Gp circuit trackday thursday, not much if any masters stuff out though (presumebly due to noise), Indy circuit test day on friday, presumeable a lot of the saturday stuff out and maybe some of the sunday/monday competitors..

Only going on Monday as am going to crystal palace sprint on sunday and non motorsport stuff to do friday/saturday o:
Old 26 May 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2698862)   #100
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Gp circuit trackday thursday, not much if any masters stuff out though (presumebly due to noise), Indy circuit test day on friday, presumeable a lot of the saturday stuff out and maybe some of the sunday/monday competitors..

Only going on Monday as am going to crystal palace sprint on sunday and non motorsport stuff to do friday/saturday o:

Ok thanks for the info

Am considering missing the sunday, I make my own way there via public transport, so Im not sure if its "economically viable" from maidstone for only 3 races! I will see! I was considering Lydden for the rally x this weekend aswell!