Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 May 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2698870)   #101
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
Am considering missing the sunday, I make my own way there via public transport, so Im not sure if its "economically viable" from maidstone for only 3 races! I will see! I was considering Lydden for the rally x this weekend aswell!

Lydden definately not econmoically viable!! £20 for races with 5 cars in which are imediately split into 2 groups!!

Didn't think Sunday was worth it as all but one series are out on Monday as well, Monday well worth the train (?) fare though as its almost racing all the way (not sure i would pay £21 admission though.. have season pass anyway)
Old 26 May 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2698891)   #102
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I might well make an appearance on Saturday, if Jonathan can afford me
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 May 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2698928)   #103
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Full timetable and finals are here

Splitting the Gentleman Drivers race into under / over 3 litres should provide those of us with smaller engined cars a good (2 hr!) race on Sunday, then need to get head into 'slicks' mode again for two 25 min Interserie-Proto-Touring 70s races on Monday!

Can't wait

How your plans coming on, Erik?

Hi Mike,
Erik will be staying at the Chelsea FC Meridian Hotel (obviously has great taste). I will be picking him (and his other half) up about 6am on Monday!
Old 27 May 2010, 05:35 (Ref:2699004)   #104
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
That's a good point about the weather, historically this weekend has been wet wet and even wetter. We could probably find you some waterproofs between us if you're not bringing that type of clothing but Europe in May probably require waterproofs anyway!

Will drop you a PM with some contact details
A friend of mine come over to work in our London office and asked me what clothes to bring ? I said well Shorts, rain coat, winter jacket and swimwear, that will be just for Monday we will have to see about the rest of the week!
Old 27 May 2010, 05:37 (Ref:2699005)   #105
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Andrew, are you just there for Saturday or are you staying over till Sunday?
Just there Saturday Tim, no outlets for 50s cars Sunday/Monday except in pre-66 Touring where we might just be ever so faintly outclassed.

No aerobatics planned this time. My eligibility to join the Austin Aero Club does not need annual renewal.

Roberto is co-driving with me, as he is running his Elan in Cloth Cap / race 1, I'll do race 2 and he'll do the final one.
Old 27 May 2010, 05:40 (Ref:2699007)   #106
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Walker View Post
Mike, I have entered my Lola (T160), in the Interserie/Proto 70's races which are both on Monday. Which car are you in for those ? I have run the Lola on Dunlop treaded up to now, but bought a set of Avon slicks a week ago and went to Mallory last wednesday to try them...they transform the car, and are much more progressive than I thought they'd be. I think I might have had too much air in them though...the spec sheet sadi 20 psi hot, does that sound right ?

Tom.
You should speak to Leo Voyazides he's running a GR Lola T70 he's very helpfull
Old 27 May 2010, 05:59 (Ref:2699012)   #107
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Hi Mike,
Erik will be staying at the Chelsea FC Meridian Hotel (obviously has great taste). I will be picking him (and his other half) up about 6am on Monday!
You're a good chap Mr White Flag Man, well done.
Old 27 May 2010, 06:06 (Ref:2699013)   #108
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Old 27 May 2010, 06:44 (Ref:2699020)   #109
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forecast doesn't look very good.....
Old 27 May 2010, 06:53 (Ref:2699023)   #110
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Davenall View Post
Just there Saturday Tim, no outlets for 50s cars Sunday/Monday except in pre-66 Touring where we might just be ever so faintly outclassed.

No aerobatics planned this time. My eligibility to join the Austin Aero Club does not need annual renewal.

Roberto is co-driving with me, as he is running his Elan in Cloth Cap / race 1, I'll do race 2 and he'll do the final one.
If you are talking about Roberto Giordanelli and his side kick please send them both my best regards and sorry to miss them - are they and you doing Castle Combe?
Old 27 May 2010, 07:19 (Ref:2699034)   #111
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Being so kin cheerfull keeps you going...
Old 27 May 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2699036)   #112
Tom Walker
Rookie

England
leics
Tom Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I pay for a proper met office forecast (doesnt mean its any righter!!) and they are saying wet saturday then showers sunday/monday, more dry than showers.

Personally i would rather wet or dry....wet bits of tarmac induce palpitations !
Old 27 May 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2699037)   #113
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper View Post
A friend of mine come over to work in our London office and asked me what clothes to bring ? I said well Shorts, rain coat, winter jacket and swimwear, that will be just for Monday we will have to see about the rest of the week!
On the other hand he could join Gordon Streeter on the beach at Brighton/Mojar or wherever else he hangs out,
Old 27 May 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2699047)   #114
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's a lot better than it was, earlier in the week, Roger.
Who knows, by tomorrow night, they may forecast a heatwave!
Old 27 May 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2699052)   #115
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
It's a lot better than it was, earlier in the week, Roger.
Who knows, by tomorrow night, they may forecast a heatwave!
Yes they may well "forecast" a heatwave but sometime the sunshine arrives in liquid format!
Old 27 May 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2699136)   #116
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post

Monday well worth the train (?) fare though as its almost racing all the way (not sure i would pay £21 admission though.. have season pass anyway)
Yeah I too have a season pass so admission is no trouble, its just the damn busses dont run on sundays/bank Holidays, so every weekend involves me fetching lifts off of various friends or relatives or something! (or paying £12 each way for a taxi!)
Old 27 May 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2699153)   #117
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Walker View Post
Personally i would rather wet or dry....wet bits of tarmac induce palpitations !
For one of the proto races last year a shower came as we all sat in slick equipped cars at start of green flag lap........ Fortunately that was it but remember one Chevron / Lola / etc wedge at least going off under the trees before it dried!

Think your forecast looking fairly in agreement with others- Light rain passing through saturday then with luck dry sunday and monday! Still, wets and soft springs all loaded ready- one day am going to need them!
Old 27 May 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2699169)   #118
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ok thanks for the info

Am considering missing the sunday, I make my own way there via public transport, so Im not sure if its "economically viable" from maidstone for only 3 races! I will see! I was considering Lydden for the rally x this weekend aswell!
Hi Brands Hatch,

I might be going late am on Saturday, can't be sure, depends on work but pm me if you could use a lift
Old 27 May 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2699193)   #119
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
May bank holiday weekend at Brands . . . . a river down Paddock hill and ducks at the bottom is the norm!
Old 27 May 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2699257)   #120
westfieldbend
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I too have a season pass so admission is no trouble, its just the damn busses dont run on sundays/bank Holidays, so every weekend involves me fetching lifts off of various friends or relatives or something! (or paying £12 each way for a taxi!)
Eynsford station is only about 2.5 miles away, although not the easiest of walks!! (very steep hills etc.), I know of myself and one other person who is mad enougth to do this most weekends!

Back on topic, anyone have any idea on grid sizes/entry for the Gentlemen drivers and the pre 66 mini race on Monday? hoping for a better entry than snetterton although I think pre 66 touring is combined with this (says it is on one timetable but not the other!)

Old 27 May 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2699259)   #121
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Hi Brands Hatch,

I might be going late am on Saturday, can't be sure, depends on work but pm me if you could use a lift

Thank you very much for the offer, it is greatly appreciated, however I think I have now managed to sort out going with friends etc so I am now able to get there.

I know I already asked about testing! But does anyone know if any of the F1's plan to come out on the indy circuit tomorrow (Friday testing)?

Liam
(Brands Hatch)
Old 27 May 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2699268)   #122
westfieldbend
Veteran

Quote:
I know I already asked about testing! But does anyone know if any of the F1's plan to come out on the indy circuit tomorrow (Friday testing)?

Liam
(Brands Hatch)
Going by the fact that its down as an 'unsilenced day' I would assume that they would be allowed to test, would expect some to be out, but cannot be sure!
Old 27 May 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2699330)   #123
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
met office now says sun for Sunday
Old 27 May 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2699342)   #124
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
May bank holiday weekend at Brands . . . . a river down Paddock hill and ducks at the bottom is the norm!
cynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
met office now says sun for Sunday
Thats better, optimism....
Old 27 May 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2699360)   #125
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Eynsford station is only about 2.5 miles away, although not the easiest of walks!! (very steep hills etc.), I know of myself and one other person who is mad enougth to do this most weekends!

Back on topic, anyone have any idea on grid sizes/entry for the Gentlemen drivers and the pre 66 mini race on Monday? hoping for a better entry than snetterton although I think pre 66 touring is combined with this (says it is on one timetable but not the other!)

http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/148...%20entries.pdf