Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Sep 2019, 03:06 (Ref:3928779)   #601
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
probably the most important paragraph right there. I'm no expert, but I guess no money and no engineer might be a barrier to a successful campaign.

If it were another team saying this I’d give them a bit of credit but we’re talking about TKR here. Nothing has appeared to convince me they’re still not the TKR of old.

I’m sure if I was Kiwi sponsor wanting a Kiwi branded wildcard I’m sure I could do it well dealing directly with a team and cutting out TKR.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3928869)   #602
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
Was going to say the same thing !

Just a couple of minor details to iron out:

"only the final budget and engineer that understands the ex 888 race machine is needed to get TKR over the line."

We're all on the cusp of a Bathurst wildcard apparently !
Absolutely. It's only those two things that are stopping me entering as well...
Old 19 Sep 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3928874)   #603
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Absolutely. It's only those two things that are stopping me entering as well...

You me and a host of others too I suspect.
Old 20 Sep 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3929033)   #604
hdt05
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
hdt05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The silence would make it safe to assume that it is not going ahead?
Old 20 Sep 2019, 08:45 (Ref:3929039)   #605
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdt05 View Post
The silence would make it safe to assume that it is not going ahead?
It’s not Bathurst week... yet...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Sep 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3929041)   #606
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Their response to said question on FB was "still working on it". I'll believe it when they actually show up and start the race
Old 25 Sep 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3930029)   #607
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This image seems fitting:

On the plus side, Team Kiwi Racing has an illustrious list of driving talent including Jason Richards, Craig Baird, Paul Radisich, Shane van Gisbergen and Andre Heimgartner (Carrera Cup). Quite the achievement!

May the famous #021 one day grace the Supercars series again.

One wonders if Mr. John has been editing his own Wikipedia page...
Quote:
Despite Mr John explaining to ANZ bank that despite (sic) ample assets to cover the loan, that the race season had started and that he need the bank to work with him and wait till years end (7 months)as all assets he could sell off to repay the loan were required for the race team to operate such as cars, engines, trucks, transporters, V8 Supercar Franchise, merchandise etc. which were all worth well over A$3,000,000, the ANZ bank refused to wait and proceed with bankruptcy proceedings against Mr John personally. Ironically Mr John's bankruptcy was annulled with-in weeks of the bankruptcy with not one person left out of pocket or no annulment would have been provided.

Despite keeping V8 Supercars up dated on all of the above, V8 Supercars seized TKR's Racing Entitlement Contract after the Hamilton round of the Championship in order that it would be sold and or leased.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Kiwi_Racing

Who can forget the well-known sponsor "Never Give Up! Follow Your Dreams"...

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 25 Sep 2019 at 08:19.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3930462)   #608
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
This image seems fitting:

On the plus side, Team Kiwi Racing has an illustrious list of driving talent including Jason Richards, Craig Baird, Paul Radisich, Shane van Gisbergen and Andre Heimgartner (Carrera Cup). Quite the achievement!

May the famous #021 one day grace the Supercars series again.

One wonders if Mr. John has been editing his own Wikipedia page...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Kiwi_Racing

Who can forget the well-known sponsor "Never Give Up! Follow Your Dreams"...
Dear lord, that wiki page is nauseating.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3930702)   #609
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Maybe it WAS real
Old 29 Sep 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3930715)   #610
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Dear lord, that wiki page is nauseating.
Reads more like a propaganda piece rather than a historical factual recount of the TKR story.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3931155)   #611
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Maybe it WAS real
There is no question at least in my mind that David John's failed attempt was real. Paying a deposit on hard to get accomodation is also something you have to do very early in the piece, but DJ also knew that he would be able to bale out of things like accomodation without taking a hit, because of its scarcity, so no big risk there. I don't doubt that DJ also paid deposit's on other logistical necessities either, the car shown was also wrapped in black so either that was paid for, or a typical DJ contra deal was done.

Certainly I believe DJ had every intention of fulfilling his dream of resurrecting TKR, by going back to Bathurst with the brand, just as long as he was successful at pulling on the heart strings and wallet's of proud kiwi's once again.

That he failed is no surprise to many people, as his bid was always on the back off using other peoples money to rise again like the preverbal Phoenix from the cold ashes of his many fires.

To raise around $200K is a big ask, but not impossible if you bait the hook with some juicy morsels, like top performing ex-pat Kiwi drivers, an ex Triple Eight car, and of course the lure of the famous Mountain. It could have worked, but it needed a lot of real "seed money" up front to have any real chance, and that's were it failed, at least in my opinion.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 01:09 (Ref:3931207)   #612
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the input Mark and the view from a NZ perspective. Donning my sceptic's hat, if the accommodation was paid for with sponsor's money I wonder if it will be returned to the sponsor when it is received? Things like that have made motor sport a sponsors worst nightmare.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3932417)   #613
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 10 Oct 2019, 02:48 (Ref:3933029)   #614
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 2 car lineup.BMP
Views:	17
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	54073

Old 10 Oct 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3933078)   #615
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
There is no question at least in my mind that David John's failed attempt was real......
Hi Mark,

Do you think it may have worked if someone with a bit more credibility (and not a history of burning investors) was behind this?
Old 20 Oct 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3935896)   #616
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 21 Oct 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3936014)   #617
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Word is he's going to be back, watch this space I suppose.
Old 27 Oct 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3937111)   #618
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Word is he's going to be back, watch this space I suppose.
Found more fools willing to be parted with their money??????
Old 27 Oct 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3937126)   #619
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Richie Stanaway might be available to drive.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 03:42 (Ref:4056631)   #620
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Kiwi are back... maybe....
David John "A release out lining our plans for Bathurst 2021 will follow shortly in full detail but yes I have made a commitment to a wildcard opportunity."
Old 16 Jun 2021, 05:53 (Ref:4056635)   #621
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Team Kiwi are back... maybe....
David John "A release out lining our plans for Bathurst 2021 will follow shortly in full detail but yes I have made a commitment to a wildcard opportunity."
He seems to reappear around this time each year doesn't he? Maybe it'll actually happen one of these years.....
Old 17 Jun 2021, 00:05 (Ref:4056753)   #622
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wonder if they are the ‘mystery’ third bidder for the available RECs..?
Old 17 Jun 2021, 04:32 (Ref:4056762)   #623
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder if they are the ‘mystery’ third bidder for the available RECs..?
them / BJR Im guessing (same/same)
Old 17 Jun 2021, 07:04 (Ref:4056778)   #624
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheques in the mail!
Old 18 Jun 2021, 04:14 (Ref:4056923)   #625
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This bloke and the other idiot from Rich Energy ought to get together and tell each other stories.