Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Oct 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3581060)   #76
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this ends up costing him his seat because his sponsor gets so bent out of shape about it, I'll take my business elsewhere. The #55 main sponsor is my nearest supplier of that particular line of products, but if they are that precious and PC, they can forget about ever getting my business again. I know I don't keep them afloat, but it's the principle. The "super girls" haven't said they were offended, it's other blokes that are allegedly offended, so maybe they are a bit bent? Or trying to be knights in shining armour? The girls said they want equal treatment, and Mr Reynolds treated them the same as he treats others in the sport, made a joke and had a laugh. If he had said it with malice it'd be a different story, but he said it in jest, so no harm no foul as Crompo says.

The interviewer should be given the fine for asking loaded questions and baiting Reynolds. What kind of answer was he honestly expecting? The whole thing was a setup, and poor form by Warburton and Co. The sooner he and his cronies go the better.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3581088)   #77
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am going to be slagged for saying this…

I don’t believe in excessive political correctness and I am not a fan or believer of stereotypes, but this thread and some of the opinions expressed are building a poor (and probably undeserved) portrait of Australia.

Richard
Let the slagging begin....

Really, you based your opinion of the Australasian population on the views of such as small highly polarised discussion forum?

Your conclusion is portraying a telling indication (definitely undeserved) of American intellect.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3581238)   #78
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I think the saddest thing about all this is seeing on Friday night that in the Speedcafe top 5 most popular articles list this was more popular then Chaz's leg being in several pieces.

Not denying that this isn't an issue ( personally I think that it's something he shouldn't have said publicly) but to see that people have more interest in this then one of our heroes of our sport and a marshal in hospital is pretty poor form.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3581240)   #79
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sensationalism and tabloid journalism is strong on the internet.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 22:05 (Ref:3581242)   #80
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Well I think it is a bunch of people being petulant Dick heads.
Who? The feminists???
Old 10 Oct 2015, 23:01 (Ref:3581267)   #81
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Interesting views.....which are entirely yours.
You're obviously filled with righteous indignation of your own to make those comments. You and some others here, make the assumption that all females think the same and should accept sexist comments these days. Sure....some women don't take morons like Reynolds seriously and just let it go. Some others are offended by his brain dead stupid comments and are immediately turned off motorsport. The AFL has recognized the importance of the female demographic to their fan base and respect and foster that following, despite the efforts of some of the players. He got off easy with the 25k fine. The crazy part is that he has great talent. Like many athletes/celebs, he should stick to what he does best.
I don't think we have heard the last of this.
Indignation yes, but certainly not righteous, its just such a sad day when the PC brigade use such an obvious throw away line, in referring to the girls racing car as a pussy wagon, to condemn the guy as a sexist individual.

My indignation is not about the fine itself but more about the sheer size of the fine imposed no doubt by pious individuals that have never had a sexist thought in their lives.

Karma in this instance favoured DR when he drove brilliantly to make the best of the treacherous conditions to put himself on pole for todays big.

I for one will be whooping loudly if DR and DC can pull off the big one and go from "Zero to Hero" in one weekend.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 23:49 (Ref:3581291)   #82
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
I for one will be whooping loudly if DR and DC can pull off the big one and go from "Zero to Hero" in one weekend.
Me too, that would be funny.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3581303)   #83
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Let the slagging begin....

Really, you based your opinion of the Australasian population on the views of such as small highly polarised discussion forum?

Your conclusion is portraying a telling indication (definitely undeserved) of American intellect.
So I will say I was wrong for posting. First is because I should avoid forming opinions on a wider population based upon what happens in this forum or thread. Like I said earlier, I don't like stereotypes. So I will limit my opinions to those in this thread. Consider me scolded and I appologize. Secondly, nothing good can come of posting in a thread like this, but as I have already stepped in it...

Some (in this thread) clearly understand what is inappropriate with respect to women (kudos to you) and others don't . My opinion on Mr. Reynold's behavior is that it was boorish, funny in a adolescent boys locker room sort of way and decades out of place in our society.

Richard
Old 11 Oct 2015, 01:22 (Ref:3581315)   #84
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JC's calling of Ingall as the "muscle" is getting a work out.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3581319)   #85
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While we are at it i think Hireahubby should be banned from sponsoring any car or driver because it suggests only husbands can be involved in property maintenance.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 03:02 (Ref:3581415)   #86
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
While we are at it i think Hireahubby should be banned from sponsoring any car or driver because it suggests only husbands can be involved in property maintenance.
Everybody knows that only exists because actual husbands don't do ****
Old 11 Oct 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3581623)   #87
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Indignation yes, but certainly not righteous, its just such a sad day when the PC brigade use such an obvious throw away line, in referring to the girls racing car as a pussy wagon, to condemn the guy as a sexist individual.

My indignation is not about the fine itself but more about the sheer size of the fine imposed no doubt by pious individuals that have never had a sexist thought in their lives.

Karma in this instance favoured DR when he drove brilliantly to make the best of the treacherous conditions to put himself on pole for todays big.

I didn't get to whoop, but well done CL and SR, It would have been a better scrap if Jamie hadn't deliberately backed-up Frosty, but its what you would expect from any good team mate, so fair enough.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3581671)   #88
Starion13
Rookie

Starion13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, it was a given what Jamie was going to do as soon as it was announced he was given the penalty. I hoped they would have somehow addressed it and got him out of the way before the restart but the rules are rules however it kinda ruined what could have been a much more closely fought final few laps.

Still good race and deserved win to the 888 car. There wasn't much difference in car speed between the first 5 place-getters, any one of them could have been worthy winners on the day.

Had a chuckle at Grant Denyer's interview of DR and DC at end of race, insightful, honest and ended with some good natured fun and was a bit of a light-hearted end to a bad weekend for DR. I thought he handled the interview well and showed he is not a bonehead as many would paint him. He is always good for a bit of irreverence, sometimes that can be a bit close to the bone for the sensitive types out there.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 20:00 (Ref:3581846)   #89
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the same people complaining about Reynolds comments also making a stand against barely clothed grid girls? I mean if you want to perpetuate the anti-sexism message, you better start pushing that barrow too for the sake of consistency.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3581959)   #90
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Are the same people complaining about Reynolds comments also making a stand against barely clothed grid girls? I mean if you want to perpetuate the anti-sexism message, you better start pushing that barrow too for the sake of consistency.
Why didn't Renae and Simona have grid boys???