Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2020, 04:04 (Ref:3953246)   #136
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,067
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Triple Eight are always strong in the back half of the season. Has been that way for a long time.
Umai Naa is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 04:17 (Ref:3953247)   #137
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Tourer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Australia
Sideways
Posts: 3,068
Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Sceptical, what would make you say that?
Because you said "call me sceptical" in your previous post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
This process has to be crudest way to make anything equal to anything that I can think of and the results and admissions show it.

This is a professional race series so why not use professional methods to implement parity? If money is the problem then something is very wrong because a well founded series would have it.
Still used by F1 teams now and "real world" rather than "crude" & still professional - after using it for 20 years the results have been good until the last season, which showed that the process needed to be updated, which it has been.

We'll see if it has delivered during 2020.
Tourer is offline  
__________________
“We’re far from having too much horsepower…[m]y definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear.” ― Mark Donohue
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 05:13 (Ref:3953251)   #138
Mark Petch
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 967
Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Because you said "call me sceptical" in your previous post

Still used by F1 teams now and "real world" rather than "crude" & still professional - after using it for 20 years the results have been good until the last season, which showed that the process needed to be updated, which it has been.

We'll see if it has delivered during 2020.
Well said Tourer.
Mark Petch is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 06:01 (Ref:3953254)   #139
Mixer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Surry Hills, NSW
Posts: 5,622
Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Because you said "call me sceptical" in your previous post



Still used by F1 teams now and "real world" rather than "crude" & still professional - after using it for 20 years the results have been good until the last season, which showed that the process needed to be updated, which it has been.



We'll see if it has delivered during 2020.
BANG ON.

F1 teams validate their wind tunnel work, with coastdown tests and straight line running.

Adrian Burgess is ex F1, as is Tim Edwards and probably others. They know way more than a bunch of monkeys on keyboards that wouldn't know a wind tunnel from the sock in their bottom drawer.
Mixer is online now  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 07:10 (Ref:3953258)   #140
Jerico
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
New Zealand
Posts: 515
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A side note to the parity talk. Evidently the 17 car had the only chassis built stateside. Not sure of the origins of the replacement chassis late season? But expect it also was built stateside? In pre season testing of the new Mustang the 17 chassis was consistently faster than that of car 12, regardless of who the shoe was.

If you need an example of what difference a car can make to a driver I have two words for you, Garth Tander. Years of mediocre and underwhelming results to last year's outstanding performance.
Jerico is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3953259)   #141
Mixer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Surry Hills, NSW
Posts: 5,622
Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe Penske wanted to build chassis overseas but it was disallowed. Put Scotty in Fabs car and he would rip it up.
Mixer is online now  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 08:18 (Ref:3953263)   #142
Jerico
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
New Zealand
Posts: 515
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Scott would have still been fast in car 12. regardless of where the chassis was built car 17 was the fastest of the two in testing. Look at the season and it's clear Scott did less winning in the second half of the championship. Did he lose his edge or did his car? No argument from me that Scott is fast. Hell he's been put up with the all time greats of the sport after two championships and a Bathurst win.
Jerico is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 08:53 (Ref:3953267)   #143
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,067
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The cars can't be built overseas, as they need to be inspected at numerous built stages during construction, for compliance.
Umai Naa is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 09:52 (Ref:3953272)   #144
Backagain
Racer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 361
Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The cars can't be built overseas, as they need to be inspected at numerous built stages during construction, for compliance.
Correct, they cannot be built overseas, Scotty started loosing races only after several "adjustments" to the Mustangs and Commodores to retain the favoured status quo.
Backagain is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3953278)   #145
Compromised
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 691
Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I'm getting out of the latest VCAT is the Mustang had an unfair advantage in 2019, up to and including the last few races and only now is it rectified (otherwise no changes would have been necessary).

So essentially a whole season of Holden based competitors being shafted.
Compromised is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 20:43 (Ref:3953498)   #146
Mixer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Surry Hills, NSW
Posts: 5,622
Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Latest VCAT is reducing downforce by 15%.
Mixer is online now  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 22:02 (Ref:3953542)   #147
Forda
Veteran
 
Forda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,069
Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Scotty started loosing races only after several "adjustments" to the Mustangs
Or to put it another way, 888 started dominating/stopped foxing once they had their aero update approved outside the commission, just prior to the Auckland round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
and Commodores to retain the favoured status quo.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Latest VCAT is reducing downforce by 15%.
Speedcafe are reporting an approximate 12% reduction, and AA a 10-12% reduction in downforce; with revisions being minor for the Opel, and more extensive for the Mustang (including a re-location of the rear wing).
Forda is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 23:33 (Ref:3953590)   #148
Mixer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Surry Hills, NSW
Posts: 5,622
Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Yeah that's why all the cars including the Nissans were like 2 seconds a lap faster at Bathurst... because the Commodores were sandbagging...
Nissan and Commodore didn't go so fast at Bathurst because 888 stopped sandbagging, it is because they got closer to the Mustang. But not so close that anybody could pass one.
Mixer is online now  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 23:58 (Ref:3953601)   #149
Forda
Veteran
 
Forda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,069
Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Nissan and Commodore didn't go so fast at Bathurst because 888 stopped sandbagging, it is because they got closer to the Mustang. But not so close that anybody could pass one.
Nissan received a benefit as a byproduct of 888 looking after their own interests, first and foremost.

As Nissan were never going to be an outright threat to anyone, the whole situation worked out well for 888.
Forda is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Jan 2020, 01:45 (Ref:3953625)   #150
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,067
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was all last year.

Let's talk about this year.
Umai Naa is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Livingstone strikes again! Craig Road Car Forum 5 29 Jun 2006 16:22
Point and shooter strikes again. Pigit Motorsport Art & Photography 28 16 Jun 2006 20:24
Mr Green's Nemesis Strikes Again! Hepatic Marshals Forum 4 31 Aug 2004 15:49
Tragedy strikes again... Jay NASCAR & Stock Car Racing 16 20 Feb 2001 22:40


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.