Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Sep 2003, 02:42 (Ref:729293)   #1
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Kiwi Racing

How do people think TKR will go at Bathurst this year? Their record is 16th in 2000, 16th in 2001, and 11th in 2003. Maybe dare we hope top 10? At least this year they will have the added support of people signing the actual bonnet of the car.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 02:50 (Ref:729294)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The car now has a strong Neil Burns powerplant aboard, and has shown increased speed because of that. The reliability hasnt been what you would expect, some of that was to do with the GRM lease that nobody seemed to win from.

Not sure, the car should be strong, but seems to go off song late in the day, and has in the past this year had some horrible practice sessions.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Sep 2003, 02:56 (Ref:729296)   #3
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
The horrible practice sessions could be down to a lack of testing, but their luck has been horrible. Sandown overheated due to frontal damage when rear ended avoiding DJR cars. Oran park, was a couple of punctures one of which destroyed the brakes. When Bairdo was running I noticed on telly, and was reliably informed that he was keeping pace with Skaife.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 03:04 (Ref:729300)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps they will have a change of fortunes when the team eventually shifts to a brand new VY...
Old 25 Sep 2003, 03:17 (Ref:729309)   #5
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
I suspect that will be next year, although I did notice in a photo I got e-mailed about half an hour ago, that the bonnet TKR are using to have their fans sign, which is to be used on the Bathurst car is actually on a VY (Maybe I need to be hit with a big stick for asking but surely the bonnets on a VX and VY are not identical?)
Old 25 Sep 2003, 03:23 (Ref:729313)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
They arent identical, the front lip is different, even if the mounting points are the same (not sure they are either)

Maybe TKR are running a VY at Bathurst and havent tole anyone??
Old 25 Sep 2003, 03:28 (Ref:729317)   #7
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Hmmmm...... time to check my sources....see what I can dig up.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 04:43 (Ref:729355)   #8
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Mystery solved, it is a piece of vinyl on the bonnet that will be removed and taken to Bathurst. So no VY yet
Old 25 Sep 2003, 04:53 (Ref:729361)   #9
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think TKR are constantly improving and Craig Baird and Mark Porter are excellent drivers.

As a Ford Fan, when it comes to Holden Teams TKR, Dynamik ( Team Kiwi 2 ) and Lansvale are my favorites
Old 25 Sep 2003, 05:16 (Ref:729372)   #10
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
TKR do deserve a lot more credit than they get, they have (had) the oldest car yet were still reasonably competitive. They operate a tight ship and do achieve well above what they should be and better than teams with larger resources. This year has just been........unlucky?.......
Old 25 Sep 2003, 06:16 (Ref:729392)   #11
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Team Kiwi Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
How do people think TKR will go at Bathurst this year? Their record is 16th in 2000, 16th in 2001, and 11th in 2003. Maybe dare we hope top 10? At least this year they will have the added support of people signing the actual bonnet of the car.
Hi All

I hope they get the top 10 result this year - I signed the bonnet today (they are doing two just in case - I'm sure they won't need the second one!! ).

After all, it is the only way I will ever get my name on a car racing in the 'Great Race'- lol
Old 25 Sep 2003, 06:18 (Ref:729393)   #12
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Good on ya Tracy! I was sent a photo of the bonnet this afternoon and it is full! They are talking of starting on the roof!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 09:44 (Ref:729529)   #13
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I'm confident Team Kiwi will win Bathurst no worries.
Kiwis have beaten Aussies at all sports that matter this year,Bathurst will just just be another victory for Kiwis this year.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 25 Sep 2003, 10:08 (Ref:729551)   #14
NicBedford
Rookie

NicBedford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig Baird is the most underated driver in the series people forget the fantastic contribution he made to team Brock last year Pete the Legend can always be seen talking to the Bairdo
Old 25 Sep 2003, 11:44 (Ref:729634)   #15
kiwi_flier
Rookie

kiwi_flier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey what other teams can say they have finished bathurst 3 years in a row and have only been competing for 3 years
Old 25 Sep 2003, 17:30 (Ref:729937)   #16
greg.n
Racer

greg.n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR will do OK as long as they can finish
Old 25 Sep 2003, 19:26 (Ref:730051)   #17
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Based on their luck this year, maybe they are up for a DNF?
Old 26 Sep 2003, 01:48 (Ref:730339)   #18
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The VY they will be campaigning was said it was a GRM built car and then i read somewhere that they cancelled it and was staying in a VX for the rest of the year. :confused:
Old 26 Sep 2003, 01:52 (Ref:730342)   #19
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Correct it was, they were leasing a VX off GRM, but when the rules changed and they could no longer data share. There was no point in continuing the deal (As the GRM car was slower than their old VX). They reverted to their old car which was instantly quicker, they have since updated again, recently fitting a new motor, resulting in 16th quickest at Sandown in Qual. I have heard no news on what they plan do about a VY.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 01:54 (Ref:730343)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Yes indeed ford.boy, they didnt like the GRM car for some reason, preferring the lower expense and increased reliability of the old Perkins-mobiles, newly motivated with NB Developments powerplants
Old 26 Sep 2003, 04:13 (Ref:730398)   #21
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
GTRMajic do you know the history of TKR's current car? (Seeing how you appear to be the all knowing, all wise one of this forum) :-)
Old 28 Sep 2003, 07:52 (Ref:732595)   #22
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
How about Murph in the TKR car?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 07:57 (Ref:732598)   #23
The Tool Man
Veteran

I hope they do better than the New Zealand Warriors did today - speaking as someone who despises Penrith.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 08:03 (Ref:732603)   #24
The Tool Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
GTRMajic do you know the history of TKR's current car? (Seeing how you appear to be the all knowing, all wise one of this forum) :-)
Not sure - If its the same car as they used at Bathurst Last year its PE 035 Debuted by perkins at Indy 99 the perkins/ Ingall car for 99
Then sold to Kiwis in 2000 after larry raced a few rounds in it. Jason Richards mount for 2001 SCS upgraded to VX spec and run again by him in 2002 same car he scored 3rd at Canberra 400 in.

Was the 2001 Richards Fogg Car ( backed into wall in practice).

This might not be same car but if its the one used at Bathurst last year by Richards and Wills then thats the history of it.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 21:01 (Ref:733242)   #25
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
No it is not the same car as used at Bathurst last year. They swapped to chassis 36 for Queensland. Chassis 35 was their first car that debuted at Bathurst in 2000.