Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2931436)   #51
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had the opportunity to observe both Button and then Hamilton from when they both started Karting age 8. Button was/is more cautious and needs confidence from the machine and circuit conditions for him to show his full potential. Hamilton was always the one to take chances, as if he had more to prove! e.g. I have a vivid mental image of Button stuck in 2nd place right on the rear bumper of Dan Wheldon (kids National Champion in 60cc Karting) all the way to the finish line! And a vivid memory of Hamilton diving down the inside of the leaders 60cc mini-kart on the last lap and being spun out as the leader took his line, with Lewis in floods of tears!
What I see today is Hamilton getting heat into his tyres on a cold weekend and having the Confidence and still taking his chances, which works when you have grip! And Button complaining about a lack of grip, with no confidence in his machine as the conditions didn't suit his less aggressive but arguable more sophisticated driving style, unable to extract his equipments potential like Hamilton...Basically 'Leopards don't change their Spots'!...To me Button is the more 'pure F1 driver'...But Hamilton is by far the better all round 'Racer'!
And I say all that as a dad who also brought his own kid through Karting and saw him go on to get into F1, albeit, sadly, only in year old cars which no developments! But hey...three eleventh places were good efforts...one of those beating Button in the works Honda at Indy in 2007...my best Fathers Day present John! Hahahaha!
Old 26 Jul 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2931438)   #52
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But hey...three eleventh places were good efforts...one of those beating Button in the works Honda at Indy in 2007...my best Fathers Day present!
That was a good effort.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2931449)   #53
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wonderful !
Old 27 Jul 2011, 00:01 (Ref:2931566)   #54
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
I had the opportunity to observe both Button and then Hamilton from when they both started Karting age 8. Button was/is more cautious and needs confidence from the machine and circuit conditions for him to show his full potential. Hamilton was always the one to take chances, as if he had more to prove! e.g. I have a vivid mental image of Button stuck in 2nd place right on the rear bumper of Dan Wheldon (kids National Champion in 60cc Karting) all the way to the finish line! And a vivid memory of Hamilton diving down the inside of the leaders 60cc mini-kart on the last lap and being spun out as the leader took his line, with Lewis in floods of tears!
What I see today is Hamilton getting heat into his tyres on a cold weekend and having the Confidence and still taking his chances, which works when you have grip! And Button complaining about a lack of grip, with no confidence in his machine as the conditions didn't suit his less aggressive but arguable more sophisticated driving style, unable to extract his equipments potential like Hamilton...Basically 'Leopards don't change their Spots'!...To me Button is the more 'pure F1 driver'...But Hamilton is by far the better all round 'Racer'!
And I say all that as a dad who also brought his own kid through Karting and saw him go on to get into F1, albeit, sadly, only in year old cars which no developments! But hey...three eleventh places were good efforts...one of those beating Button in the works Honda at Indy in 2007...my best Fathers Day present John! Hahahaha!

We are privileged to have these posts..Thank you!
Old 28 Jul 2011, 09:24 (Ref:2932063)   #55
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button wasn't anywhere near the pace today even allowing for that crap start. Canada aside, he's not doing a particularly better job for McLaren than Heikki was before he got dropped.[/QUOTE]

That's patently absurd.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2933074)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuchanan View Post
That's patently absurd.
Well said fellow. Utterly absurd[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2933099)   #57
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
And the less said about which of its two drivers McLaren gets most of its set up ideas from, the better!
Old 30 Jul 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2933267)   #58
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I know, all the more galling to be blown away by the driver sharing your set up information then.