Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2925997)   #126
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Agilais View Post
just trying to contribute. thanks for the warming feeling you never forget to show every time I return. I'll stay away, no need for worries or penaltys
If that's aimed at me (as it was directly after my post), I'm sorry I don't understand what you're getting at and apologise for you reading something there that I didn't say or mean.

If it's not aimed at me then I still apologise, but this time for reading something there that you've not said or meant!
Old 13 Jul 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2926077)   #127
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Ah, the battle lines are drawn! Just a warning to you French and Germans, dont take on the English unless you are prepared to be drowned in curry. Now repeat after me "Lewis Hamilton is God"

You know that isn't true. Vettel is the new 'racing deity'! Bow down and worship the new German über kid with the exhaust gas blowing design of Adrian Newey.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 20:07 (Ref:2926212)   #128
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
If that's aimed at me (...)
"you" in my post is meant as plural and refers those who don't appreciate free birds on their trees/forests

[bird flyes away]
Old 14 Jul 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2926283)   #129
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
This should probably be in Armchair Enthusiast, but since Vettel's character has been called into question sometimes, I challenge anyone not to watch this and then not end up thinking he's a pretty decent, rounded character: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqHYy2yZ4qI
Old 14 Jul 2011, 01:21 (Ref:2926306)   #130
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
This should probably be in Armchair Enthusiast, but since Vettel's character has been called into question sometimes, I challenge anyone not to watch this and then not end up thinking he's a pretty decent, rounded character: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqHYy2yZ4qI

Thank you for that Strider..

What a fantastic guy Sebastian is..
Old 14 Jul 2011, 01:28 (Ref:2926313)   #131
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Agree with that - the more you see of him, the more he seems like a good guy - the point that he and Webber (apparently) get on very well is a good sign too.

If only we could stop Seb doing that silly and annoying finger thing, it'd be all good.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 05:23 (Ref:2926338)   #132
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post

If only we could stop Seb doing that silly and annoying finger thing, it'd be all good.
Find someone who can beat him in quali and the race and he'll stop doing it.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2926377)   #133
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Lewis Hamilton can help:

Old 14 Jul 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2926461)   #134
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
You are right he comes over as a great character, even more so as English is his second language.

What is really impressive though is his lap, it is pinpoint accurate and extremely smooth and very fast! Seb does not abuse the car at all either, the Liana and its tyres would be able to lap like that all day! He is mechanically very sympathetic.
If you don't know why he is winning watch Seb's lap against a few of the others, no comparison! I am just blown away! He is very very good!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2926552)   #135
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
This one too, look at 50 seconds in
Old 14 Jul 2011, 14:55 (Ref:2926598)   #136
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
This one too, look at 50 seconds in
Nice one! I saw the interview but missed the gesture that Seb made as it was all over so quickly.

Going off at a tangent, I think Christian Horner did himself no favours by telling them not to race. It went directly against what Dieter Mateschitz said last year, so he was being hypocritical, and secondly he said he was afraid there might be repeat of what happened in Turkey last year. In fact they did race, because Mark ignored the instruction, and Seb refers to it in that interview, but there was no collision, so Horner needs to trust his drivers more. Mateschitz wasn't bothered:
Quote:
"This is no problem for us," Mateschitz said. "Sebastian realised that Fernando Alonso was gone and could not be caught anymore, so he backed down. This let Mark close in. He would be a very bad racer had he not tried to attack and gain a position."
Old 14 Jul 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2926600)   #137
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
"This is no problem for us," Mateschitz said. "Sebastian realised that Fernando Alonso was gone and could not be caught anymore, so he backed down. This let Mark close in. He would be a very bad racer had he not tried to attack and gain a position."

It's hard to imagine Luca Di Montezemolo having that same philosophy.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2926674)   #138
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yeah, he seems a good guy. Doesn't take himself too seriously.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2926704)   #139
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oh no! I've got to completely revise my opinion of the guy.
Not only has he admitted to be a fan of Monty Python (respect), but he also took the pi - er? mickey out of pompous Jeremy Clarkson AND Nigel Mansell (Double-Respect!)
Old 14 Jul 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2926839)   #140
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Oh no! I've got to completely revise my opinion of the guy.
Not only has he admitted to be a fan of Monty Python (respect), but he also took the pi - er? mickey out of pompous Jeremy Clarkson AND Nigel Mansell (Double-Respect!)
Don't worry, you're not alone. I have had my reservations about him (from Turkey last year, if you want to know), but now I've decided he's a genuinely nice guy as well as being an incredibly fast driver. He wasn't letting on, but he does use those big screens around the circuits to gain information, not just look at birds!