3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jul 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2924515)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : British GP

Rate the race...
Old 10 Jul 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2924521)   #2
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not bad. Half dry half wet track added some spice. Some different under cuts from everybody, some good racing. 7.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2924522)   #3
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Would have given it a 7, but bumped it up to 8 because I quite enjoyed the Hamilton/Massa bumping and barging for 4th.....
Old 10 Jul 2011, 13:51 (Ref:2924533)   #4
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pity Redbull pulled the team orders card great racing would have loved another little sprinkle or two during the race just to shake it up 8 for me.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2924534)   #5
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8. Not really a classic but a great race nonetheless. Loved the fact that we had passing into quite a few places on the track, and there were some great fights for every position. Jenson staying in and Lewis having a laps more fuel in the car would have improved it even more.

Love the new Silverstone.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2924535)   #6
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few dull bits, but you do get the feeling that if this race happened just last year, it would have been a 10.

But compared to current form; 7.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2924551)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Love the new Silverstone.
I presume there isn't another race as they have let everyone onto the track! However this is great. It creates a good atmosphere. Reminiscent of the Nige years. Although in a less dangerous after the race way. Reminded me of Le Mans too.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 14:13 (Ref:2924553)   #8
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not as good as Montreal, but quite enjoyable nonetheless - 8
Old 10 Jul 2011, 14:13 (Ref:2924555)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Love watching F1 cars around Silverhatch - spectacle added to by the circuit. Lack of running to nail team setups plus two poor pitstops from RB (Vettels worse but Webbers stop just before also slow) and a great drive from Alonso gave us a pretty good race. Special mention to the English "Summer" weather throwing plenty of curve balls around over the weekend.

Last edited by Tourer; 10 Jul 2011 at 14:15. Reason: Ipad predictive text - grrrr
Old 10 Jul 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2924558)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I gave it a 9, but actually wished i'd given it a 8. Some great action all the way through, sagged slightly in the middle, but a great finish.

I mentioned before the race that I thought that the DRS zone should be down the Hangar Straight and I stick by that. Most of the DRS passes that we saw on the TV coverage were done and dusted before the braking zone into Brooklands, so there was little or no drama with that.

Still, even considering that, it was one of the best races ive seen this year, oh and I didn't fall asleep either, so it can't have been that bad...
Old 10 Jul 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2924559)   #11
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've given it a 9, but that's because I actually got to watch it in real time with nobody else in the house! Under normal conditions it would have been an 8 - my throat certainly feels like an 8, anyway, and even one of the neighbours stopped by to see what I was shouting about
Old 10 Jul 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2924566)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I gave it a 9, but actually wished i'd given it a 8. Some great action all the way through, sagged slightly in the middle, but a great finish.
Can't move your name, but changed the vote to 8.
Quote:
I mentioned before the race that I thought that the DRS zone should be down the Hangar Straight and I stick by that. Most of the DRS passes that we saw on the TV coverage were done and dusted before the braking zone into Brooklands, so there was little or no drama with that.
The DRS did well where it was, it got the cars close into Brooklands and through Woodcote and let to some exciting moves into the wonderful Copse.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 14:32 (Ref:2924574)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An interesting race. Tailed off in the middle but some good battles, Vettel/Hamilton and Hamilton/Massa, Vettel/Webber at the end. A 7
Old 10 Jul 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2924578)   #14
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Nearly went for 9 as there was so much action going on around the circuit most of the time....shame about the team orders at Red Bull, and of course Jenson's wheelnut debacle, but overall a good race...finally settled on an 8....
Old 10 Jul 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2924579)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Red Bull action. Quick, lets whip everyone up into a tizzy.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2924623)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Good race. 8. I've forgotten all about Valencia, after that.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2924632)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting. As a few other people have said, I was tempted to give it 9 but actually gave it 8.

Overall Silverstone put on a very good show and you can't beat the enthusiasm of the crowd, but there are quite a few issues still to be resolved. I hope the impetus isn't lost when Damon Hill stands down.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2924652)   #18
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gave it a 6. Good start, with the wet track. Plus some superb passing from Button and Hamilton. Middle part was boring, after Alonso got past Hamilton. Only came alive again at the end, with the superb fight between Massa and Hamilton, and the two Red Bulls(shame they weren't allowed to race!).

Shame that there wasn't more rain!
Old 10 Jul 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2924668)   #19
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8, beginning quite normal with Vettel running away but middle and end were certainly much better.

BBC commentators even stuttering over each other at the end in a fight to commentate on the action.

Good to see Ferrari back on the top step too, the sport needs them
Old 10 Jul 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2924673)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Good race, I gave it an 8, not as good as I expected from Silverstone..

A little bit spoiled by the team order for Webber..

The race track is fantastic...
Old 10 Jul 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2924696)   #21
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7, Good race throughout and what we needed after Valencia.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 22:48 (Ref:2924821)   #22
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 9. it was a proper race, with lots in it. the Lewis-Massa battle topped it of properly, and it's good to hear a driver not whining about contact, but admitting it's part of racing for a change.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 04:43 (Ref:2924902)   #23
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me. Would of been a 9 if Hamilton went into the weeds instead of Massa.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 06:16 (Ref:2924920)   #24
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An entertaining race, and normally I would have given it an 8, but upsized to a 9 because we got MURRAY WALKER! It was great to hear him again, even if it was only for one lap or so.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 07:26 (Ref:2924935)   #25
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me. Didn't get bored at any point for a change.