Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Feb 2003, 13:54 (Ref:507578)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hezemans Zonda

Does anyone know when it will be testing and if it will be fitted with a sequential box. Will AVR run Zondas sometime in the near future?

Also anyone have any info on the Zonda GTS that is being built by the UK importors of the Zonda. Apparantly they will produce a run of 4 or 5 customer cars.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 15:10 (Ref:507635)   #2
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
There is no more AVR per say. They are known now as Carsport North America. I think that they have a website if you search on google, either try Carsport NA, or AVR's old site.

You can check back over the posts here and and IMSA's website in both the forum and the news area, it has been covered pretty much in detail already.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 17:50 (Ref:507733)   #3
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe it is being fitted with a sequential box since those are legal for GTS cars in the ALMS this year, and yes, Carsport North America (AVR) will be running one Zonda GTS this year along with a Viper GTS-R. As far as the Zonda racer being built by the British impoter goes, i think that's Carsport. Toines Hezemans bought the worldwide rights to build Pagani Zonda race cars so they are the only ones that can legally build them. First they are starting out with the ALMS car and a couple for European use - i think - and then they will build some customer versions after they have shown the potential of the car. I hope it goes well since it is an incredibly unique car.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 18:57 (Ref:507808)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
De Pagani Zonda C12S (GTS class) will be developed and build by Carsport Modena. This company of Toine Hezemans will also sale the cars to customers in 2004.

De car weights 1100kg and is powered by a 6L V12 Mercedes engine with a Hollinger sequential 6 speed gearbox.

The car, runned by Carsport America/Tom Weickardt, will make it's debut at Sebring half March. Mike Hezemans and Anthony Kumpen will drive the car. The third drive is unknown.

But their main goal is Le Mans.

Toine Hezemans hopes he can play the same role as Oreca did with the very succesfull Viper.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 19:36 (Ref:507836)   #5
zork
Rookie

England
lincoln uk
zork should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the engine was 7.4L when it appeared on top gear?????
Old 15 Feb 2003, 20:08 (Ref:507863)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Maybe the road version has 7.4L, but I am not sure. My info comes from a magazine.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 13:48 (Ref:508537)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I seem to remember reading something a while back to the effect that AMG wasn't allowing the Hezemans to use the Merc engine. What happened?
Old 16 Feb 2003, 14:35 (Ref:508571)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I don't know. Mercedes supplies Zonda with the AMG engine so I don't know why Mercedes would forbid Hezemans to use the engine.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 16:06 (Ref:508606)   #9
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AMG won't build Hezemans a 'works' engine but the engine can be tuned by someone else. Could AMGs reluctance mean Mercedes are once again looking at sportscars due to the precurious nature of the DTM?
Old 16 Feb 2003, 16:10 (Ref:508609)   #10
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Diamiler Chrysler links are still continued somewhat with a Mercedes engine, but the team is no more AVR, which is somewhat sad I think.

They may campaign one Viper thorugh the year though, as they are entering one in Sebring. Given attrition, that car could achive a result, but really, the day of the GTS-R has passed without serious developement or ORECA taking care of it (ie, the French Vipers were, and still are, quite competitive).
Old 16 Feb 2003, 17:02 (Ref:508641)   #11
Evil Fuzzy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Evil Fuzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maisonblache.co.uk says the car will be presented to the press on the first of march in my hometown Hasselt, Belgium. If anyone knows were exactly in Hasselt the car will be presented please be so kind as to tell me so I can try to go and take a look (but it will probably be a closed presentation )

Last edited by Evil Fuzzy; 16 Feb 2003 at 17:03.
Old 18 Feb 2003, 05:52 (Ref:510227)   #12
RobweenerPI
Rookie

RobweenerPI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They may campaign one Viper thorugh the year though, as they are entering one in Sebring. Given attrition, that car could achive a result
Not with that team. They were horrible for the last two years running. Horrible reliability, parts failures, poor driving, all added up. Not to mention the fact that the cars they ran were just plain slower than Vipers entered by other teams. I wouldn't put anything in the kitty for them, they stink. I bet the Zonda will be the same way.
Old 18 Feb 2003, 13:53 (Ref:510510)   #13
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are you saying Marino Franchitti was a poor driver?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 18 Feb 2003, 14:29 (Ref:510549)   #14
Bob C.
Rookie

Bob C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Are you saying Marino Franchitti was a poor driver?
...not to mention, Shane Lewis?
Old 18 Feb 2003, 16:34 (Ref:510636)   #15
RobweenerPI
Rookie

RobweenerPI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane Lewis is a personal favorite of mine. I can't wait to see what the new Corvette GT can do under him. Marino Franchitti really hasn't done anything in my eyes to show how good he is, other than be related to Dario. However, you can look at the fact that Shane left a full time drive with the AVR after the DC event as further proof. He didn't trust the cars. My point is given the past record of this team, anything new they build this year is going to stink too. You can't tell me with a straight face that the vipers they've run in the past two years have been successful. I don't see how taking on an entirely new car will help thier situation.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 23:53 (Ref:520969)   #16
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
She's finally out testing - pics on dsc - I don't know about anyone else but I don't like silver cars much!
Old 1 Mar 2003, 00:46 (Ref:521016)   #17
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very interesting...

Now, if you put it in black and change the wing endplates, you'd have the exact...

Hey, if you have Gran Turismo 3 A-spec, you can drive this car.

Give it a shot...
Old 1 Mar 2003, 02:44 (Ref:521071)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Car looks pretty good, agressive too! Hopefully it moves pretty good too!
Old 1 Mar 2003, 09:13 (Ref:521211)   #19
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This thread is funny. FIRE, if you read it a magazine, it must be correct. AVR does pretty much stink, but Naspetti ain't done much either, and people talk about them like they're contenders. I have GT3, and the Zonda rocks. Bet I could turn better laps on the game than Carsport America (AVR was much easier to type) will ontrack. Outwardly, the body doesn't differ hardly any from the road version. Whether or not the Zonda, Lambro, and TVR show well at Sebring or not, or if the GT Vette ever shows at all, it's still good to have them around. Much more diverse fields, especially since 2001, when there where only 2 or 3 types of car in each class.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 1 Mar 2003, 17:20 (Ref:521491)   #20
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are there any other images online besides dsc?
Old 2 Mar 2003, 09:06 (Ref:522152)   #21
beausejour
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
beausejour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shakedown-pictures

Check http://www.anthonykumpen.com/_2003/nl/

beausejour ( who's very pleased )
Old 2 Mar 2003, 09:49 (Ref:522183)   #22
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMG, breathtaking!!

The intake/airbox setup looks alot like the DTM Merc setup.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 02:15 (Ref:523079)   #23
weeks
Rookie

weeks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMG!!! VERY VERY VERY SEXY!! I want one NOW! I hope it looks as good as it sounds. If you want to see more go to fastdetails.com. Its a great site, but Mulsanne's Corner will always be my favorite
I can't drive 55!
Old 3 Mar 2003, 02:16 (Ref:523081)   #24
weeks
Rookie

weeks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry i ment sounds as good as it looks.
I can't drive 55!
Old 3 Mar 2003, 08:13 (Ref:523237)   #25
beausejour
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
beausejour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Zonda GR ( raceversion ) is recently homologated bij the ACO and the FIA and will be available for customer-teams in 2004, all rights reserved by Carsport Modena. The car will cost about $ 500.000. A lot of money, but relatively cheap compared to, for example, de new Ferrari Enzo.

This type of car will be the standard for GT-racing in the near future, hopefully the Zonda will be a winner. The 12 hrs of Sebring will be it's first appearance on the track, so stay informed! Mike Hezemans told journalists after the shakedown that the car handles a lot better than the Viper, the chassis felt much more stiffen. I'm very curious how the car will perform in a direct battle with Corvette, Ferrari 550 and Saleen.

The engine will be screaming when the car accelerates at the Le Mans start-finish straight. I hope it hurts my ears !!

Maybe Mulsanne Mike will pay some technical attention to the car, his site is one of my favourite's too.

C U

beausejour ( who's very proud of the Hezemans initiative )

Last edited by beausejour; 3 Mar 2003 at 08:18.