Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3912521)   #1901
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ns-gte-am-win/

55.2s second penalty. Drops to second. Gutted.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 20:37 (Ref:3912522)   #1902
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
EDIT: sorry, Akrapovic beat me to it. At least it's not a DQ, but still costs them a win.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 20:45 (Ref:3912524)   #1903
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
What was that saying about conspiracy theories?
The demand for the nose change was kinda weird, as much as I wanted the Porsche to win.

Still happy the Keating Ford was not DQ-ed.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3912526)   #1904
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Time penalty is academic, given that the ACO decided to DQ them for being .01 liter over max fuel capacity per SC365.

Also per SC365, the team doesn't intend to appeal the penalties.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3912528)   #1905
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Time penalty is academic, given that the ACO decided to DQ them for being .01 liter over max fuel capacity per SC365.

Also per SC365, the team doesn't intend to appeal the penalties.
So are you saying the am ford was disqualified as well as the time penalty
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3912530)   #1906
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
So are you saying the am ford was disqualified as well as the time penalty
The story I linked to keeps changing. Looks like 2 penalties. One was time, one was a DQ. So the car is DQ'd.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3912531)   #1907
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Two questions:

Why the time penalty if you're going to throw out the car anyways?

And if the car passed pre race tech, why would it fail post race tech?
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3912535)   #1908
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The other Fords are legal?
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3912536)   #1909
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The other Fords are legal?
Looks like it.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:22 (Ref:3912537)   #1910
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
We can argue if the Keating Ford deserved such a harsh penalty for being barely over the limit. But look at what NASCAR became until they started DQ people for major violations.

If teams were just fined for such things, the only one's who might be happy are the ACO's and FIA's accountants. And the better off teams would get away with more questionable crap than smaller ones.

.01 of a liter isn't much, but it's technically over the limit, and given how the rule's worded and treated, I don't think the ACO had much other alternative. It is what it is.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3912538)   #1911
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
What garbage. We don't have to accept that.The 85 Ford IS THE winner. Screw them. They are the winners because I said so!!
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3912540)   #1912
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Well, you might have to take your case up with the ACO. Keating says that his team doesn't intend to appeal any of the penalties last I heard/read.

I don't 100% agree with some of the ACO's alleged calls, but it's not my position to call them out on it beyond being on a forum. I wasn't in race control or the tech inspectors. They have to make judgements based on what they have. And see my previous post on why I can't justify the ACO simply fining teams over rules breaches.

Last edited by chernaudi; 17 Jun 2019 at 21:40.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3912541)   #1913
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every year there is something like this, what with the Toyota Farce it leaves a sour taste in the mouth and tarnishes the event for another year.......
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:56 (Ref:3912543)   #1914
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If everyone at Toyota thought the #7 was the better car and deserved to win, why didn’t they just let it win (1966 Ford GT / Ferrari F1 at Indy one year style)?
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:57 (Ref:3912544)   #1915
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
We can argue if the Keating Ford deserved such a harsh penalty for being barely over the limit.
It wasn't barely over, that's just the initial drainage measurement the car was declared illegal from. There's always some fuel left in the tank which requires taking it apart, which they did do when they rechecked it and ended up with a larger amount.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/wp-con...lification.pdf
On the #68 they just accepted the first test.

The short of it is Ganassi screwed up the BoP adjustments.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:57 (Ref:3912545)   #1916
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well, you might have to take your case up with the ACO. Keating says that his team doesn't intend to appeal any of the penalties last I heard/read.

I don't 100% agree with some of the ACO's alleged calls, but it's not my position to call them out on it beyond being on a forum. I wasn't in race control or the tech inspectors. They have to make judgements based on what they have. And see my previous post on why I can't justify the ACO simply fining teams over rules breaches.
The problem is they let Proton keep the win last year for something far worse (DQ’ed then in the points).
Old 17 Jun 2019, 22:03 (Ref:3912547)   #1917
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Can't DQ someone entirely from Le Mans for a rule infraction that wasn't actually observed at Le Mans.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 22:04 (Ref:3912548)   #1918
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
The problem is they let Proton keep the win last year for something far worse (DQ’ed then in the points).
The fuel sensor tampering? Didn’t that occur at Fuji, and they were penalised for Shanghai? There wasn’t any evidence of cheating at Le Mans. TDS lost out last year due to fuel rig tampering.

I’m sad they lost the win but if the cars illegal then what can be done?
Old 17 Jun 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3912557)   #1919
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Every year there is something like this, what with the Toyota Farce it leaves a sour taste in the mouth and tarnishes the event for another year.......
What Toyota farce?
Old 17 Jun 2019, 22:36 (Ref:3912560)   #1920
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Quote:
The fuel sensor tampering? Didn’t that occur at Fuji, and they were penalised for Shanghai? There wasn’t any evidence of cheating at Le Mans. TDS lost out last year due to fuel rig tampering.

I’m sad they lost the win but if the cars illegal then what can be done?

Fine them? Well, maybe for minor infractions, but beyond that, that's another can of worms. IE, look at NASCAR until this year. The WEC/LM would probably be just as bad, if not worse.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 22:40 (Ref:3912562)   #1921
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
What was that saying about conspiracy theories?
Review the tape, there was movement and s flash of something on the grassy knoll, in the sinister shadows.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 23:06 (Ref:3912570)   #1922
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
For what it's worth, Keating and team accept blame for the penalty and won't argue it:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...4rOZQYDlcWZbDc
Old 18 Jun 2019, 02:21 (Ref:3912594)   #1923
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
from the s365 post race notebook:

Quote:
***The No. 61 Clearwater Racing Ferrari 488 GTE was given a formal reprimand for the car exceeding its boost levels and being below the required lambda, as declared on the Balance of Performance, early in the race.

***Sportscar365 understands that several teams also received verbal warnings about minimum refueling times at stages through the race, although were not penalized.
So the Ferrari used more power than allowed, and they were formally reprimanded? what does that mean?

I wonder if the Ford was verbally warned about its refuelling times?
Old 18 Jun 2019, 06:33 (Ref:3912603)   #1924
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well not the first time a car has been excluded post race at Le Mans. Unfortunately rules are rules. Better make sure everything is double checked next time
Old 18 Jun 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3912608)   #1925
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well not the first time a car has been excluded post race at Le Mans. Unfortunately rules are rules. Better make sure everything is double checked next time
the ACO has time enough to check everything, teams were on site since the beginning of the month June.