Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 Mar 2002, 11:30 (Ref:245053)   #1
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
superbike championship

Superbikes are great and entertaining to watch. But it is getting to be one sided with Ducati taking up like half the field. And it doesnt look like changing with the other manufacturers only entering one bike eg:1 honda 1 aprillia 1 suzuki and kawasaki enters like a 5 year old design of a bike. It also looks like bayliss could run away with the title
But motogp are going great.Manufactures are jumping at the opportunity to get a 4 stroke into the championship. The upcomming seasons will probably see a great variety of riders and bikes enter. Even ducati are entering a bike in a while.These bikes are now the same size and suposably faster than the superbikes.
So i ask, with motogp expanding and superbikes somewhat shrinking. Will the superbikes lose in popularity over motogp with the new glomour look.And even worse,will the superbike series become a 2nd grade cometition to motogp?. Will it become a feeder series to motogp?. Will it eventuelly ceace to exist. Or will it continue to be as strong as ever?

Personally i wouldnt want to see superbikes degrade. But I think it is enevitable in the long run.
Old 28 Mar 2002, 13:51 (Ref:245904)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope Superbikes don't cease to exist as they are some of the most excting racing around. I don't believe Superbikes will cease though, but I see them only existing with 2 cylinder 1000cc competitors, which is very disapointing. Maybe some new rules to get the 4's and 2's back on an even keel. Untill then we will watch hopefully Edwards and Haga take the fight up to the champion Bayliss.