Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Jan 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3603542)   #251
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
1:39.2 from the Ligier hpd in the last session. GTE is slower but they have brand new cars (besides Porsche). I bet they go faster when the race is going on.
Old 10 Jan 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3603551)   #252
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
***Those who have hopped of seeing Sabine Schmitz — originally on the entry list in the Frikadelli Porsche 911 GT3 R — take part in the Rolex 24 may get their wish as team owner Klaus Abbelen told Sportscar365 there’s a chance the ‘Ring Queen could race, depending on her filming commitments with Top Gear. Schmitz is currently on assignment in California.

***Frikadelli could take part in further IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship races beyond Daytona, with Abbelen telling Sportscar365 there’s a “50/50 chance” of doing the Twelve Hours of Sebring. The VLN squad, taking part in its first race outside of the Nordschleife, is receiving logistical and operations support from Cole Scrogham’s group.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ro...ay-notebook-2/
Old 10 Jan 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3603556)   #253
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
***Those who have hopped of seeing Sabine Schmitz — originally on the entry list in the Frikadelli Porsche 911 GT3 R — take part in the Rolex 24 may get their wish as team owner Klaus Abbelen told Sportscar365 there’s a chance the ‘Ring Queen could race, depending on her filming commitments with Top Gear. Schmitz is currently on assignment in California.

***Frikadelli could take part in further IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship races beyond Daytona, with Abbelen telling Sportscar365 there’s a “50/50 chance” of doing the Twelve Hours of Sebring. The VLN squad, taking part in its first race outside of the Nordschleife, is receiving logistical and operations support from Cole Scrogham’s group.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ro...ay-notebook-2/

Lol I just came here to be post that. It would be great if Sabine could make it to Daytons, don't think she's raced there before and would be even better if they could race again at Sebring, it's nice to see Euro teams still making the journey for the bigger races.
Old 10 Jan 2016, 22:51 (Ref:3603559)   #254
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah the Daytona 24h. The start of the racing year and a proper endurance race as well. It seems like they'll be another epic tussle between the Deltawing and the dodgy Mazdas one of my favourite (guilty pleasure) sporting rivalries, although I've seen disappointedly that Mazda have given up on their ambitious diesel powerplant...

The yank tanks vs the sleek European prototypes is genuinely interesting as well, fingers crossed a P2 car can have a strong run through the whole race.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 00:03 (Ref:3603568)   #255
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe it can flood so a GT car can win overall, preferably, a GT with a bowtie.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 00:06 (Ref:3603569)   #256
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
pls no flooding
Old 11 Jan 2016, 00:37 (Ref:3603577)   #257
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Come on Top Gear, seriously? You've got an actual racing driver on the staff of your show about cars, who might not be able to race because of your show about cars? Just send a camera team to Florida and make an article of it. Heck, the first Daytona coverage I remember was Top Gear's report from the 1996 24 Hours.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 08:20 (Ref:3603646)   #258
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Come on Top Gear, seriously? You've got an actual racing driver on the staff of your show about cars, who might not be able to race because of your show about cars? Just send a camera team to Florida and make an article of it. Heck, the first Daytona coverage I remember was Top Gear's report from the 1996 24 Hours.
Damn straight. Sabine racing at Daytona would make for a good piece for the show, people know who she is and most people know of the track if only by name. One of the most memorable Top Gear pieces was from the Britcar 24hrs when they entered the BMW. Im sure I saw Martin Short's head on the episode too

I couldnt find the 1996 coverage but I found this from 1991.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJz8vfYQjuI
Old 11 Jan 2016, 10:51 (Ref:3603671)   #259
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
pls no flooding
Now that the ROAR is behind us, what are you most interested in seeing
in a couple of weeks ?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 12:10 (Ref:3603692)   #260
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Lol I just came here to be post that. It would be great if Sabine could make it to Daytons, don't think she's raced there before and would be even better if they could race again at Sebring, it's nice to see Euro teams still making the journey for the bigger races.
I wonder who will give up/lose their seat, if Sabine is available to race?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 14:58 (Ref:3603735)   #261
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Data Analysis is up: http://nasportscar.com/bens-analysis...before-the-24/
Old 11 Jan 2016, 15:19 (Ref:3603739)   #262
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
in a couple of weeks ?
Easy answer for me on that one. How much faster will the GTLM cars be. They were in the 1.45's consistently which is much slower than I thought. Why though? Sandbagging or does the enhancements to the cars create more drag which actually slows them down a track like Daytona.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3603748)   #263
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Thanks! These are always interesting.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3603758)   #264
EricW
Rookie

EricW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Why though? Sandbagging or does the enhancements to the cars create more drag which actually slows them down a track like Daytona.
Believe me all the GTLM cars were definitely sandbagging. In fact I heard that Michelin engineers were getting annoyed because no teams were actually pushing the cars so they couldn't get any good tire data.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3603764)   #265
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
Believe me all the GTLM cars were definitely sandbagging. In fact I heard that Michelin engineers were getting annoyed because no teams were actually pushing the cars so they couldn't get any good tire data.
I Agree with this. Based on the lap times being so close together in GTLM I think the teams had a sort of gentlemen's agreement to not push past 1:45 until race weekend so no BOP changes will be made between now and then.

This will be my first ever 24 hour Race to attend and I get in Thursday afternoon. So pumped to finally be at the race, will be great time for sure!
Old 11 Jan 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3603767)   #266
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
in a couple of weeks ?
Racecars in general.

In particular the BRO-1, simply because it's Russian and I have an odd fascination with Russian racing endeavors.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3603813)   #267
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
in a couple of weeks ?
For me, besides the Ford GT and how reliable it ends up being, it's the Mazdas. They've finally got the speed, now just need reliability.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 21:56 (Ref:3603826)   #268
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
For me, besides the Ford GT and how reliable it ends up being, it's the Mazdas. They've finally got the speed, now just need reliability.
The mazda's will be what I want to watch as well. With the diesels, the drivers never really made many mistakes, because either the cars were too slow to have errors in, or because they broke. Now with faster machinery we can get a feel for how good these drivers really are (unless it breaks)....

I still expect a DP to win, but with the increased P2 numbers whether or not a P2 car can make it a race will also be a watching point for me.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 00:51 (Ref:3603862)   #269
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The mazda's will be what I want to watch as well. With the diesels, the drivers never really made many mistakes, because either the cars were too slow to have errors in, or because they broke. Now with faster machinery we can get a feel for how good these drivers really are (unless it breaks)....

I still expect a DP to win, but with the increased P2 numbers whether or not a P2 car can make it a race will also be a watching point for me.
Without the Mazdas or BR01 this race would have a much different tone. I just hope they can keep the wheels on those cars.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 01:20 (Ref:3603866)   #270
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTLM and GTD will be the most interesting to me, but I'm pretty pumped for how close Prototype is shaping up to be.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 09:05 (Ref:3603979)   #271
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think a Ligier will win. Hoping for Mazda, though.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3604011)   #272
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It certainly sounds like this will be the best chance an LMP2 has at winning one, but they've all been unreliable and fragile. Say what you will about the others.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 13:15 (Ref:3604016)   #273
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's useless to talk about the P2-DP performance variations until final revisions of the post-Roar bop tables have been released. The only one probably remaining completely unchanged is the DW, but they always fail on reliability sooner or later anyway so they don't counter in. The two Frankenstein Lolas could be interesting, but I still don't trust in their longetivity either, petrol or not.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3604025)   #274
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
BoP doesn't really change reliability.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3604029)   #275
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
What kind of wailing are we going to hear from Wayne Taylor after the test? I think a DP finished on top in only one session. Of course, I'm sure they're sandbagging since they're pretty much the only cars in the class that haven't changed from last year here, so they know what they have.
Your obsession with Wayne Taylor verges on the creepy TBH.