Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 23 May 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1308403)   #1
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jimmy Vasser What Happened?

Wow I have to say Jimmy had the worst luck at Mexico out of any one, lol this guy was all over the place and I think was responsible for 3 of the yellow flag stints in the race lol. I felt really bad but it was nice to see him sign autograph's after such a terrible race.

I like Jimmy and he is great for the sport. I've watched him race when he was very competitive in the 90's but since I've restarted watching champ car every time race since 2003 I've noticed he hasn't been very fast at all. Is it jost old age? or some other reason that I just dont know about?
Old 24 May 2005, 05:17 (Ref:1308597)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He just had a bad race.

When you're one of the older drivers people put it down to that - but I don't think that's the case.

He'll be back on form next week.

His lack of consistent pace since 2003 has more to do with being on new and developing teams more than any other factor, I believe.
Old 24 May 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1308826)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did look worse than usual, though. I think he was at fault both with Glock and Dominguez. He still had room besides Glock and the grass.

However, I don't think he is finished, he still has racing.
Old 25 May 2005, 02:35 (Ref:1309517)   #4
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He had a tough time of it in Monterrey, but in between incidents he was actually fairly quick.

As KB said, his teams have had a lot to do with his lack of results. One thing I think they've forced him to do is be more aggressive and take risks. eg. Remember Mid-Ohio 2003? He was unquestionably the fastest guy out there. In the past Jimmy was too cautious and too willing to accept a decent result, rather than take a risk for glory. Now finishing 8th is a good result for him because of the car. He's realized that to get to the podium he's going to have to make something happen. I really think that in the past couple of years Jimmy has regained some of his old form.

His friend PT has become more like him and he's become more like PT. It's too bad that it took both of them so long to change.