Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Dec 2014, 00:13 (Ref:3487538)   #176
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Do people not understand World Challenge has been around for 25 years (with multiple booms and busts) and doing standing starts for 14? Treating it like Blancpain Sprint America is ignorant and insulting.

The street courses are far more risky and expensive than standing starts.

Most Porsche Cup series use standing starts by the way, so that's only about a truckload of GT series right there. Super GT did standing starts for their non-points sprint races, which meant not just GT3s but basically LMP1 drivelines doing them twice in one day.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 03:55 (Ref:3487577)   #177
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Confirmation of Scuderia Corse's participation: 3 cars including one part-time for 10/10s 'own' Mike Hedlund!

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...or-pwc-season/

Care to inform us which rounds you'll be contesting Mike?

Great to hear Mikes returning!!

That was a great drive at Sonoma this year, hope 2015 is even more enjoyable for you Mr Hedlund

I hope you're retaining the black and yellow livery Mike cause that looked mean as anything.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 04:56 (Ref:3487586)   #178
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see so many confirmations recently for the series with LG, Scuderia Corsa and Dragonspeed, Gainsco. Some of the more interesting open questions for the rest of the off season in my mind are:

1. Will the Andretti Nissan program happen? I think it'd be huge for the series and for the Nissan GT academy program in the States. Would love to see it.

2. What is the R. Ferri team doing for 2015? No confirmation of a program yet and Mancuso stopped after Toronto. Lazzarro was strong all season and I'd hate to lose those beautiful red Ferraris.

3. Who will drive for KPAX/Flying Lizard? Thorne was getting stronger at the end of the season and Figge's been with KPAX for a while. Will we see them return or will we see some Flying Lizard regulars in the cars?

4. How much of the season can Dalziel run for EFFORT? Would have been a title front runner had he run the full season without a doubt. Will his ESM duties pull him away from a full year?

5. Who is the "big name" driving for Turner? If it's somebody like Dane Cameron, I expect that car near the front all season.

6. Mike Skeen plans? Awesome to see him develop over the years in PWC but seems to be eyeing more endurance racing drives.

Field seems like it's going to be pretty amazing. Going to be tougher for Johnny O' to bring in number 4 in a row.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 06:54 (Ref:3487598)   #179
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Confirmation of Scuderia Corse's participation: 3 cars including one part-time for 10/10s 'own' Mike Hedlund!

Care to inform us which rounds you'll be contesting Mike?
Thanks! Current plan is to be at COTA, St. Pete, Long Beach, (maybe) Barber, Mosport, then Sonoma and Laguna Seca.

Hope to see some of you at the track!

-mike
Old 24 Dec 2014, 06:57 (Ref:3487599)   #180
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Great to hear Mikes returning!!

That was a great drive at Sonoma this year, hope 2015 is even more enjoyable for you Mr Hedlund

I hope you're retaining the black and yellow livery Mike cause that looked mean as anything.
Thanks Rich! It's a little too early to tell if the car will stay black/yellow or if we'll all run the same livery. I told them I didn't care as long as it's fast... :-)

-mike
Old 24 Dec 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3487672)   #181
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Great to see so many confirmations recently for the series with LG, Scuderia Corsa and Dragonspeed, Gainsco. Some of the more interesting open questions for the rest of the off season in my mind are:

1. Will the Andretti Nissan program happen? I think it'd be huge for the series and for the Nissan GT academy program in the States. Would love to see it.

2. What is the R. Ferri team doing for 2015? No confirmation of a program yet and Mancuso stopped after Toronto. Lazzarro was strong all season and I'd hate to lose those beautiful red Ferraris.

3. Who will drive for KPAX/Flying Lizard? Thorne was getting stronger at the end of the season and Figge's been with KPAX for a while. Will we see them return or will we see some Flying Lizard regulars in the cars?

4. How much of the season can Dalziel run for EFFORT? Would have been a title front runner had he run the full season without a doubt. Will his ESM duties pull him away from a full year?

5. Who is the "big name" driving for Turner? If it's somebody like Dane Cameron, I expect that car near the front all season.

6. Mike Skeen plans? Awesome to see him develop over the years in PWC but seems to be eyeing more endurance racing drives.

Field seems like it's going to be pretty amazing. Going to be tougher for Johnny O' to bring in number 4 in a row.
1) I think it will happen, but maybe not by the season open by CoTA. The program sounds positive at this point

2) Will most likely be back with at least 1 car, hopefully 2. As far as I know, Lazzarro will be behind wheel.

3) Still TBD, but I've heard Canache could be there. I would love to see Thorne back b/c of the improvement he had as the season went on. I'd also like to see Figge back, but I'm not confident in that.

4) He should get most of hte season. TUSC at Watkins Glen will put him in the ESM while PWC is at Road America, but I think that's the only conflict.

5) It's good

6) Sounds like it will be between him and Alex Lloyd for the CRP seat
Old 24 Dec 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3487688)   #182
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the response nasportscar, very informative. Looking forward to seeing it all play out.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3487715)   #183
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Re Kpax/Flying Lizards: are the McLarens new cars or updated ones from the current McLaren? Different articles reported different outcomes on it.

If brand new it will leave the prospect of the 2 older cars being entered as well (or somewhere else?). Unless they get sold/leased out of course.

Also of interest are FL's two Audis - as of now only entered in TUSC for Daytona. After that???
Old 24 Dec 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3487732)   #184
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Re Kpax/Flying Lizards: are the McLarens new cars or updated ones from the current McLaren? Different articles reported different outcomes on it.

If brand new it will leave the prospect of the 2 older cars being entered as well (or somewhere else?). Unless they get sold/leased out of course.
They're getting brand new cars, but they have moved the old ones to the Lizard shop:

https://twitter.com/FlyingLizard_MS/...05267548389377

Whether we can read anything into that, or whether they're just using them to get the team used to the cars, remains to be seen.

Quote:
Also of interest are FL's two Audis - as of now only entered in TUSC for Daytona. After that???
So far only Daytona.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3487735)   #185
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
They're getting brand new cars, but they have moved the old ones to the Lizard shop:

https://twitter.com/FlyingLizard_MS/...05267548389377

Whether we can read anything into that, or whether they're just using them to get the team used to the cars, remains to be seen.
This is just personal opinion, but I would not be surprised to see the old KPax McLarens used in IMSA in 2016, but for now, I think it's just so the FL guys can get to know the cars before the 650S gets in. KPax has stated they would like to go endurance racing at some point. Partnering with Flying Lizard is one of the best ways to do that.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3487745)   #186
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
LG Motorsport (Lou Gigliotti) to enter 3 Aston Martins - 2 GT4s in GTS and 1 GT3 car in GT.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...in-pwc-effort/
Quote:
2015 PWC just keeps looking better and better!

Happy Christmas everyone!
Old 24 Dec 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3487746)   #187
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Don't think it's gonna happen but I'd love to see the Flying Lizard livery on those McLarens.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3488439)   #188
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Updated entry list tracker for GT and GTA classes http://nasportscar.com/entry-list-so...e-gt-and-gt-a/
Old 29 Dec 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3488460)   #189
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Updated entry list tracker for GT and GTA classes http://nasportscar.com/entry-list-so...e-gt-and-gt-a/
Looks like there could be a lot of Astons next year.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3488463)   #190
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Only 1 Caddy and Acura?
Old 29 Dec 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3488465)   #191
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
The number of cars is in a separate column
Old 29 Dec 2014, 19:01 (Ref:3488468)   #192
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
The number of cars is in a separate column
okay
Old 29 Dec 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3488471)   #193
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Could you guys split up the GT/GT-A counts? Or would that just make it messier?

-mike
Old 29 Dec 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3488474)   #194
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Wow, the top 3 win an expenses paid (sort of) trip to BSS in Baku: http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/bs...rld-challenge/

Even if only one can take up the offer it would be great, and nice to see a potential bond growing with SRO.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3488495)   #195
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Could you guys split up the GT/GT-A counts? Or would that just make it messier?

-mike
I've been thinking about adding separate GT and GTA columns, or at least color coding it by each driver...I'll make sure it's done for the next one
Old 30 Dec 2014, 01:04 (Ref:3488528)   #196
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Wow, the top 3 win an expenses paid (sort of) trip to BSS in Baku: http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/bs...rld-challenge/

Even if only one can take up the offer it would be great, and nice to see a potential bond growing with SRO.

That's an awesome idea, great to see the series forming links with SRO and having an American flavor at Baku next year.
Old 30 Dec 2014, 01:27 (Ref:3488530)   #197
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

I like it. According to this Sportscar365 article, that may not be the only overseas deal on the map for the World Challenge guys. I guess we'll just have to be patient and keep our eyes peeled for info on this one.

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...-race-in-2016/

Australia, Europe, or the Middle East. That actually rules out quite a lot because not only are there a lot of new circuits popping up in Asia (in the last few years, Buriram, Buddh, Yeongam, Marina Bay Street Circuit, Baku...), but these circuits also seem to attract the international, exhibition-style races.

Any chance the overseas race might just be Baku again, except the F1 layout?
Old 30 Dec 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3488555)   #198
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I don't see the point in holding an overseas race in a market that already has its own GT3-series as there really isn't much of a reason for the local fans to turn up when they can see the same cars year round in their own domestic series - so having the race in Europe doesn't really seem to be a smart idea.
Old 30 Dec 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3488733)   #199
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I don't see the point in holding an overseas race in a market that already has its own GT3-series as there really isn't much of a reason for the local fans to turn up when they can see the same cars year round in their own domestic series - so having the race in Europe doesn't really seem to be a smart idea.
I have to agree with you, they just seem to be trying to answer a question nobody asked.
Old 30 Dec 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3488746)   #200
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I believe there's still the idea of a FIA GT3 World Finale on the table - Ratel has been mentioning it a couple of times I believe.

Could PWC team up with Ratel to have a go at that?