Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2539652)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Time for Red Bull to back one driver?

Have to say, i think the championship is now over for both drivers and SV is only 2.5 points ahead of MW, but with only 4 races left is it time for Red Bull to back one driver?
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2539656)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, given they didn't when they were distinctly more in with a shout, I don't see it. There is less reason to do so than there would've been before. All that doing that now would do is sew great difficulties and problems in the organisation for no real point.

The time for such calls has passed, in my opinion.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2539666)   #3
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seb may be ahead but he's probably going to be starting at the back at Singapore so no point backing him

No, they're out of it. It's too late. The tracks just don't suit the car from here on. It was over from the moment it became apparent that they were slow around Valencai
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2539672)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I think not. I reckon the titles have gone away from them now.

I felt sorry for Webber today, though
Old 13 Sep 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2539709)   #5
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They need to worry about Raikkonen catching them in the WDC, and if Fisi gets up to speed in the Ferrari, they'll need to worry about Ferrar catching them up in the standings.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2539917)   #6
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree, I think it's simply acedemic for Red Bull now, I highly doubt they have any realistic chance.

But of course, as the old Murray quote goes, "Anything can happen in Formula One, and it normally does!"
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2539955)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
Well, given they didn't when they were distinctly more in with a shout, I don't see it. There is less reason to do so than there would've been before. All that doing that now would do is sew great difficulties and problems in the organisation for no real point.

The time for such calls has passed, in my opinion.
I agree. They're too close to back one driver if they were both in the running, and as they're both realistically out of it now there's no point in getting one driver's back up when there's nothing to play for.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 14 Sep 2009, 00:05 (Ref:2540097)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'm not sure that "backing" one driver would make that big a difference anyway.Which one would you back? Vettel's in front but has engine issues,and Webber has failed to score in three races.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 01:27 (Ref:2540122)   #9
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how do you 'back' one driver these days anyway? Don't they have the resources to put 2 cars equally on the grid. Are there only one set of new parts available? Picking the prefered qualifying and fuel strategy is one area but Red Bull seem to go with similar strategies more often than not. Since at this stage they're probably more concerned about the manufacturers chamionship, best not to put all your eggs in the one basket.