Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 19 Apr 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1588988)   #26
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
talking of unwanted noise what about the racket coming from Pat Dorans entertainment people, crikey it was doing my head in they were playing deafening tunes that would appeal to about 0.1 of the population!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1589187)   #27
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well here goes ,here is my defence.

first off thank's winnie for your support. Guess your not a driver yourself, its easy to get caught up in that will to win and push as hard as possible.

Whe you only have 4 or 5 laps to pass somebody if you see half a chance you have to take it , i saw half a chance and took it right or wrong. I have always driven 110% but i have never intentionally damaged somebody else's car, by doing so would damage mine and i cannot afford to keep repairing it.

As for driving along the start straight at paddock unless somebody had there eye's shut i did try to make the corner at the bottom of hairy hill but unfortunatley i had a fiesta parked underneath my car, this made my car understear a little.

winnie ,to believe that car 15 was justified in his retaliation on my rear bumper i guess you also think that we should all have guns and take the law into our own hands. We have laws and people who enforce those laws, these are called police or in the case of racing they are called the clark of the course and the MSA steward.

Mike Howlin was excluded, fined and point on his licence

I was excluded but the reinstated upon appeal, guess that makes me innocent

Quote:
He is always getting involved and pushing people off
Winnie could you please tell me more ?

Last edited by golfvanman; 19 Apr 2006 at 22:24.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 12:08 (Ref:1589654)   #28
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just because you only have a few laps to race does not give you the right to make contact, if you think it does you are in the wrong sport. Rallycross is non-contact. If the gap involves you making contact then the gap is not big enough. Perhaps you should try only 100% or take a look at 'nudge and spin'.

The rules say if you have all four wheels off the circuit you must enter at the point that you left the track. You had plenty of room to do a u turn and re-enter at paddock. You were not the only one, can UDB tell me how many cars were penalised for this, and why not all of them.

Howlin had lost his place on the previous corner because of unfair contact. Perhaps the word 'justified' is too strong, but i can see why he did it. If you had passed him without contact i am sure he would not have retaliated like he did.

Contact is always going to happen in rallycross, but you do too much door handling and pushing, along with loads of other drivers. You will get a lot more respect if you pass people cleanly. Mike Turpin is a perfect example of how to race hard and fair - take a look.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1589672)   #29
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sorry Winnie have to disagree with some of what you are saying as I saw this incident first hand.

I was standing at the botton of the hill (just up from the signing on office), I saw the incident in front of my own eyes and I couldnt believe how hard the TT was rammed from behind, it was totally out of order and anyone who saw it would surely agree the guy behind should have been disqualified for that.

From what I could see there was never any question of that being a mistake, it was a full on ram from behind with a huge force not just a tap.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1589675)   #30
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

For what its worth I think most people watching with us at the bottom of the hill took the same view as the stewards: Howlin should be excluded for deliberate retaliatory contact; Golfvanman's driving was robust but within the rules.

The rules about rejoining have to be interpreted with some common sense. In other words you should rejoin the circuit at a point where it is SAFE to do so. It makes no sense to demand that drivers do a u-turn on an escape road and then drive against the flow of possible out of control vehicles coming down the hill. Golfvanman took the sensible option and didn't gain any advantage so I can't see that there is a legitimate reason to complain - especially as he was forced off.

If its any compensation there's no doubt it will make for some good TV!
Old 20 Apr 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1589677)   #31
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=winnie]

Howlin had lost his place on the previous corner .

Yer mainly through him moving over to the right and leaving no room with a car along side !

Contact is always going to happen in rallycross, but you do too much door handling and pushing, along with loads of other drivers.

1 Mike B is a clean driver
2 Have you not been to a euro round , dont sound like it!
3 If i was Mike H and was upset i would of waited to Chessons not in front of the COC

Last edited by BertMk2; 20 Apr 2006 at 13:02.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1589680)   #32
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I regret that I will not be able to comment on any of the other penalties handed out on Monday on an open forum. I only commented on the process with cars 81 and 15 to save an outbreak of ill informed comment on this thread. I cannot comment on the detail of any hearing or evidence presented, in fairness to all parties involved.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1589712)   #33
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I think it's fair to say that everyone has their own opinion on what happened (and it seems that they differ drastically in some cases). Whilst I understand that things can get a little heated when discussing contentious situations please can people remember to 'attack the post, not the poster'. Thank you
Old 20 Apr 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1589722)   #34
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee thanks Bert I can't post anything now then
Old 20 Apr 2006, 15:30 (Ref:1589790)   #35
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody hell guys try bailing into the first corner with 9 other staockhatches, esp after our wonderful friends seem to always water the track in front of us, hehe
Old 20 Apr 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1589826)   #36
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you had passed him without contact i am sure he would not have retaliated like he did.
sorry winnie but i passed howlin far and square on the previous corner the contact we had going up the hill was on the lap previous.

Quote:
Contact is always going to happen in rallycross, but you do too much door handling and pushing, along with loads of other drivers. You will get a lot more respect if you pass people cleanly
so ramming somebody is acceptable but doorhandling is not
Old 20 Apr 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1589927)   #37
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Craig - I agree Howlin should have been excluded, so should others.

Leon - It would have been safe to re-join at Paddock when there was e large enough gap. He would have lost places, but that racing.

Chris - 1. Disagree 2. Yes plenty, they have the budgets to repair the cars 3. So you would have done the same but at another part of the track?

UDB - Only asked if any-one had been excluded for 'all wheels off' - don't want details, just a yes or no.

Golf - Ramming is not acceptable, but i know why he did it.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1589966)   #38
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Purely as a spectator it made for great viewing and it was a shame that Howlin did what he did as im sure the race between the 2 would have gone right to the chequered flag. It appeared to me that when Boak started his manouvre up the hill there was a gap but this became less and less, wherever he should then have backed off is always going to be open to question. I guess the tv coverage will give us a better idea. Anyway lets hope the situation doesnt continue into the next round, we dont want to see anymore unneccesary damage or exclusions etc.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 18:02 (Ref:1589981)   #39
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think somebody needs to chill out a bit
Old 20 Apr 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1590218)   #40
Rookie

England
Near France
206180 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris cake
2 Have you not been to a euro round , dont sound like it!
My missus, who has seen more euro than british rallycross, thought Mr Boak's
overtaking was good
Old 24 Apr 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1594143)   #41
Tylerama
Rookie

United Kingdom
Margate, East Kent.
Tylerama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSaxo
i know.. that annoyed me too.. i was marshaling by the race control tower. and could hear it there... so not sure what it was like for spectators near the car... probably rather annoying..
I was sat next to the control tower so you must have been a few feet away from me. It was kinda directly opposite at the bottom of the "car park". Then some other tool in a barried up car started driving around the field.. not good as there could have been kids playing etc.

On a lighter note, did anyone see that poor marshal fall down in between the tyres in front of the team personnel area to the left of the control tower ? It shouldn't be funny but he just suddenly disappeared as he was walkin along mindin' his own ! and that irish camera man guy who was trying to film (almost in front of the control tower) and his phone kept ringing just as a race was about to start.. so funny
Old 24 Apr 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1594176)   #42
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tylerama, the marshall stacked it right in front of us, not as good as the cameraman though, "hulloo h'alllll roiiight oillllll carrrrl uuu bauck"!!!

Just watched the Touring Cars on ITV over the weekend, recognised a colour scheme from Andrew Jordan's car, Pirtek & JG, turned out to be his Dad- effort!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1594191)   #43
Tylerama
Rookie

United Kingdom
Margate, East Kent.
Tylerama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby
Tylerama, the marshall stacked it right in front of us, not as good as the cameraman though, "hulloo h'alllll roiiight oillllll carrrrl uuu bauck"!!!

Just watched the Touring Cars on ITV over the weekend, recognised a colour scheme from Andrew Jordan's car, Pirtek & JG, turned out to be his Dad- effort!
That was it ! You musta been sat almost next to me then !

Haha.. just as a supercar heat was about to launch.. "Sorry can't talk i'll call ya back !" and everyone laffed, lol.. so funny.. he got us all to cheer and clap to camera too, I wonder if that'll be used on the mm footage on may 7th !
Old 27 Apr 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1596209)   #44
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick question how is Rodney in front of Julian in the championship ? I thought Julian won 1st round!! Is there points for fastest lap or some ??

http://www.rallycrossuk.com/spectato...standings.html
Old 27 Apr 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1596248)   #45
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes RM. 5 points for the fastest heat. So Julian gets 30 for winning and Rodney gets 27 for coming second plus 5 for the fastest heat.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1596405)   #46
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
That the same for BTRDA?
Old 27 Apr 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1596545)   #47
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Hal, there is no bonus for the fastest time in the BTRDA rounds.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 07:46 (Ref:1596736)   #48
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
And there are no points for artistic merit so you don't need to do the pirouettes either
Old 28 Apr 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1597056)   #49
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
Cheers Bert...someone could have bloody told me prior to lydden!!!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1597157)   #50
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No points for brightest colours either