Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker to be named "Force India"

Apparently, Spyker is to be named Force India F1 in 2008
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63476
I'm not sure F1 teams should have national affilations in their names, save that for A1
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:07 (Ref:2045422)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Terrible idea...
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:12 (Ref:2045425)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Incredibly lame! So don't want this to happen!
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:15 (Ref:2045430)   #4
cmifsud
Racer

Australia
Australia
cmifsud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a shame that such a team like Jordan is now so lame. I mean "Force India', what are Martin and james suppossed to call it. I can just imagine, "oh there's Sutil in the Force India car" Pffft
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:18 (Ref:2045433)   #5
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, it's a horrible name. If he wants to wave the national flag he should have bought an A1 seat.

It makes the team sound like a bad action movie. FORCE INDIA! ATTACK!
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:26 (Ref:2045439)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar

It makes the team sound like a bad action movie. FORCE INDIA! ATTACK!
It will sound even worse when they are 3 seconds off the pace. What a ridiculous name.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:28 (Ref:2045440)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can confirm I am in no way releated to this team.

Seriously though, pretty interesting name but it'll probably be changed in time for Monza '08 anyway.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:34 (Ref:2045443)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Leave well enough alone and spend the money in the right places I say...
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:36 (Ref:2045444)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Jeez, I thought "Midland" was bad...

Someone knock some sense into them.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:39 (Ref:2045446)   #10
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie has approved the name, but the FIA still have to. Lets hope they make one sensible decision this year.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:45 (Ref:2045448)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How many Indians will be in the team? I'm guessing far less than the number of Brits at McLaren or Germans at BMW. Ferrari have been criticised for not employing enough Italians in senior positions, but I'm sure they'll have more than this team.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2045451)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Can you imagine the look on the faces of the Spyker team members..
Old 20 Oct 2007, 16:11 (Ref:2045461)   #13
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If they've two cars on the grid, call it what they will, it'll sound better than Prodrive. What is the sound of no cars lapping.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 16:16 (Ref:2045462)   #14
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Drop the "India" name, and it could sound pretty cool. "Force" That sounds pretty damn good, imo. Paint the cars all black, with some white flashes.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 16:32 (Ref:2045469)   #15
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
Bernie has approved the name, but the FIA still have to. Lets hope they make one sensible decision this year.
Don't count on it!

What a horrendous name. It makes them sound like an A1GP team. Plus the chances of there being very many Indians involved seem pretty slim.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 20 Oct 2007, 17:14 (Ref:2045487)   #16
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
It's actually going to be Force 1ndia.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 17:19 (Ref:2045489)   #17
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
be better if it was called parcel force...
Old 20 Oct 2007, 17:21 (Ref:2045490)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Poor fate to this everchanging team...
Old 20 Oct 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2045491)   #19
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, I wonder who will own it next week?
Old 20 Oct 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2045492)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...just when you all thought Super Aguri was bad enough.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 17:41 (Ref:2045499)   #21
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least Narain Karthikeyan will have a ride next year...
Old 20 Oct 2007, 17:44 (Ref:2045502)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To think this used to be the Jordan Grand Prix team...
Old 20 Oct 2007, 17:58 (Ref:2045515)   #23
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Force India"??? But wasn't Carl Haas who named his F1 team FORCE (Lola THL1-Hart) in 1985-86???
Old 20 Oct 2007, 18:02 (Ref:2045517)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Drop the "India" name, and it could sound pretty cool. "Force" That sounds pretty damn good, imo. Paint the cars all black, with some white flashes.
"India" is cool, because the backing is from there; problem is if any joker, or anybody with least appreciation for backmarker teams, would want to change the "O" of "Force" to "A".
Old 20 Oct 2007, 19:56 (Ref:2045578)   #25
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As i said in another thread, it is good the team survives i guess but didn't you just know a lame arse name was coming as soon as the "Team India" name was bandied about, what a shame. Isn`t there a rule somewhere that you can only change a team name a certain amount of times in a short space of time?