Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3994098)   #1
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Concorde Agreement - McLaren, Ferrari and Williams supports it, but why?

I guess you have all heard that there's a new agreement in preparation. Before there have been an agreement in place where Ferrari has been the recipient of a "bonus payout" for being there longer than anyone else.

I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?

Toto Wolf has been saying a lot about how his team, and their star driver, has not been given credit for what they have been providing. It makes me question what kind of credit is being bandied about?

I think it would be a massive error by Liberty Media to keep that grossly unfair "bonus payout" system, even if it included more teams.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3994106)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Toto Wolf has been saying a lot about how his team, and their star driver, has not been given credit for what they have been providing. It makes me question what kind of credit is being bandied about?

They should be fined if what they've been providing is anything to go by.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3994215)   #3
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is another can of worms, and a worthy conversation, probably in another thread though.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 02:14 (Ref:3994348)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I guess you have all heard that there's a new agreement in preparation. Before there have been an agreement in place where Ferrari has been the recipient of a "bonus payout" for being there longer than anyone else.

I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?

I think it would be a massive error by Liberty Media to keep that grossly unfair "bonus payout" system, even if it included more teams.

All those teams receive heritage payments under the current agreement.
I think they also got signing bonuses for signing early with Bernie before.

Basis of Machiavellian politics - Divide and rule!

There is a Formula 1 finance thread further on here somewhere where the payments are laid out if you are interested.
Old 10 Aug 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3994379)   #5
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

All those teams receive heritage payments under the current agreement.

I think they also got signing bonuses for signing early with Bernie before.

Basis of Machiavellian politics - Divide and rule!

There is a Formula 1 finance thread further on here somewhere where the payments are laid out if you are interested.
There shouldn't be any bonus points for heritage or brand. Prize money, which is what it is, should be awarded on results.

Claire is all for equality but has been happy to bank Williams bonus payments just for being Williams.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Aug 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3994399)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
There shouldn't be any bonus points for heritage or brand. Prize money, which is what it is, should be awarded on results.

Claire is all for equality but has been happy to bank Williams bonus payments just for being Williams.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Agree with you Moneyseeker.

F1's biggest problem - "Turkeys voting for Christmas"

They would all be better off without heritage payments (except maybe Ferrari) and signing bonuses, but they get divided here, and just lose all the way from there.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 09:29 (Ref:3995354)   #7
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Looking at Joe Sawards recent comments on the new agreement it appears that Ferrari will still get it's additional payment for being Ferrari...

Whilst Williams will lose their heritage payment just for being Williams, which means they will be entirely dependent on their results for the level of FOM payments they receive.

Ditto McLaren.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3995358)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Looking at Joe Sawards recent comments on the new agreement it appears that Ferrari will still get it's additional payment for being Ferrari...
There can be only one question....... Why?
Old 18 Aug 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3996237)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren first team to formally sign

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...HHpAhSziE.html

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...orde-agreement
Old 18 Aug 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3996241)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There can be only one question....... Why?

Because they're Ferrari! *fervent hand gesturing*
Old 18 Aug 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3996245)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Because they're Ferrari! *fervent hand gesturing*
lol!

Ferrari is one of the most valuable brands/logos in the world, that FOM pays them extra to be a part of the championship no doubt improves the amount FOM can command from its TV and sponsorship contracts...and if that money is to be divided among the other teams then its reasonable to assume the other teams get more money because Ferrari is part of the championship then they would if Ferrari was not there (although i dont know where else Ferrari would go).

if they get extra money they get extra money...thats reasonable business imo.

for me it was always their 'veto' that i always found wrong and unsporting...so i wonder if that is gone?

also whats the early signing bonus amount? i know they dont share these sorts of details but im guessing its got to be at least a couple of million?
Old 18 Aug 2020, 18:23 (Ref:3996280)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
also whats the early signing bonus amount? i know they dont share these sorts of details but im guessing its got to be at least a couple of million?

I don't know, either. But from memory, it was paid to Ferrari when they broke ranks with the other teams thus greatly weakening the negotiating stand that FOCA was taking. Whether it was a "token of encouragement" (i.e a bribe) from Mr E or merely a show of appreciation for giving BE the upper hand is only something that those two parties know!
Old 19 Aug 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3996417)   #13
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All teams have now signed it.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 11:43 (Ref:3996419)   #14
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
So everyone has signed. Other than money I wonder if there are any other interesting details or updates?
Old 19 Aug 2020, 11:46 (Ref:3996420)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All ten teams have signed it.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...paign=widget-1
Old 19 Aug 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3996425)   #16
Moneyseeker
Veteran

According to Deiter Rencken, the teams are not actually commited for 5 years, they can opt out on the 31st of March each year for the following year, presumably this opt out is to help get dome wavering teams like Renault and Haas to commit now, mbut have the ability to opt out subsequently if they have to.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3996455)   #17
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All ten teams have now signed the new concord agreement. So we now have long term stability in F1. I suspect details will come out over the next while as Liberty is stock market listed.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...orde-agreement
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3996464)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well i am sure one team will do very well out of it
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:59 (Ref:3996469)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't know, either. But from memory, it was paid to Ferrari when they broke ranks with the other teams thus greatly weakening the negotiating stand that FOCA was taking. Whether it was a "token of encouragement" (i.e a bribe) from Mr E or merely a show of appreciation for giving BE the upper hand is only something that those two parties know!
a 'token' sounds nicer.

neither here nor there, but i do think these things need to be made public. i know some think that its no one's business (along with the driver contracts), but for me transparency starts at the top.

Quote:
According to Deiter Rencken, the teams are not actually commited for 5 years, they can opt out on the 31st of March each year for the following year, presumably this opt out is to help get dome wavering teams like Renault and Haas to commit now, mbut have the ability to opt out subsequently if they have to.
if correct, thats an interesting opt out. i can see this being a problem every year...well i can see Renault being a problem every year.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3996470)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well i am sure one team will do very well out of it
Most of them are supposed to be better off out of this?
Old 19 Aug 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3996486)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s really nothing, some teams questioning is was bound to happen, but it’s all sorted. Now we have nothing to worry about, just look forward to a safe future hopefully for F1