Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3995568)   #101
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I think Mick Schumacher will be placed in the Alfa Romeo by Ferrari Driver Academy to replace the retiring Raikkonen.
Ferrari only get to choose one of the drivers, not both.... they already have Gio in and under contract as a "Ferrari" driver (He is the nominated Ferrari reserve).
Old 15 Aug 2020, 16:29 (Ref:3995581)   #102
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I think Mick Schumacher will be placed in the Alfa Romeo by Ferrari Driver Academy to replace the retiring Raikkonen.

Seb Vettel will be at Racing Point with Stroll going back to Williams to replace George Russell.

George Russell will be moved to Formula E by Mercedes now there is no space at the works team.
Of that only Vettel makes sense.

Mick doesn't have SuperLicence so he's not eligible without a great 2020 season and he loses the points earned in 2018 at the end of the season.

Stroll isn't getting booted from Daddy's team

Russell has a deal with Williams so he's not leaving for Formula E any time soon.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3995585)   #103
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
If Hamilton didn't resign for 21 Williams would be at the Mercedes team door with a deal to buy out Russell in a second and fund their team a couple seasons. ..
They might have had to, but i wonder if Merc, given their budget/status would run Bottas with Russell. Would that be splashy enough?

I dont know what other big name is available though. Merc would have been a difficult spot had Ham left to pursue his music career.

Fans of music, of course, being the big winners of Ham re signing.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 07:44 (Ref:3995685)   #104
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
No chance of Russell leaving F1!

I think the Vettel thing will go away unless he starts performing better.

Hulk very likely to replace Kimi and Mick Schu is just not good enough to get an F1 drive yet.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3995687)   #105
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Mick doesn't have SuperLicence so he's not eligible without a great 2020 season and he loses the points earned in 2018 at the end of the season.
Lol. Where do you get these made up “facts” from?

No, he doesn’t lose his 2018 points until 2022 eligibility. 2021 is based on 2018-2020 unless you already have one.

If he finishes top ten in F2 this year he will qualify. In fact if he got two or more points for his 2017 MRF results he qualified this year.

So whether he’s good enough or not, the licence is not going to be a problem.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3995706)   #106
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder how many teams have Hulk on their shopping list after that great drive last weekend? Certainly could see him replacing Kimi at Alfa
Old 19 Aug 2020, 21:32 (Ref:3996558)   #107
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Lol. Where do you get these made up “facts” from?

No, he doesn’t lose his 2018 points until 2022 eligibility. 2021 is based on 2018-2020 unless you already have one.

If he finishes top ten in F2 this year he will qualify. In fact if he got two or more points for his 2017 MRF results he qualified this year.

So whether he’s good enough or not, the licence is not going to be a problem.
From this little thing called the FIA. And no, he must finish in 5th to break 40 points, not 10th. He earned zero points last season finishing 12th. It's simple math.

The total for 2018 championship would be lost at the start of the 21 racing season as you can only count the previous 3 seasons, meaning 19, 20, 21 after the season starts.

Last edited by broadrun96; 19 Aug 2020 at 21:50.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 09:07 (Ref:3996618)   #108
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I found this: https://i.redd.it/qjc28og3w0i51.png

here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/F1FeederSer...ing_estimates/

The person who made that chart seems to be certain M. Schumacher already has his super license (as do Aitken, Deletraz and Camara)

--

EDIT:

I didn't follow it THAT closely, so I have no idea if that's true or not.
The only one I have ever heard mentioning on TV is Deletraz: he supposedly got a superlicense once he got enough points (a few years back), paid for it, did the tests and since only has to renew his SL.
The 40 SL points don;t count as long as he renews.
At leasts, that's what I heard.

Not sure if M. Schumacher ever had the required 40 points to be able to do that?

Last edited by gert; 20 Aug 2020 at 09:18.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3996631)   #109
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
The person who made that chart seems to be certain M. Schumacher already has his super license (as do Aitken, Deletraz and Camara)
He does. I asked to check.

I foolishly allow myself to get annoyed with those who spout opinion and guesses as categorical facts, when actually they haven’t got a clue on the subject.

I can respect anyone’s opinion and like it in here but just don’t like speculation and guesses presented as knowledge and facts!

I can’t be bothered to explain how concepts as simple as ‘years’ work but, to be clear, 2018 results count for 2021 SL rules.

Last edited by peebee2; 20 Aug 2020 at 11:14.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3996633)   #110
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure whether he has obtained his super license since, but when he tested for Ferrari and Alfa Romeo in 2019, he did not hold a Super License at the time.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 14:59 (Ref:3996685)   #111
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm not sure whether he has obtained his super license since, but when he tested for Ferrari and Alfa Romeo in 2019, he did not hold a Super License at the time.

Schumacher himself has clarified that he does indeed have a super license, stating that he keeps it framed on his wall in his room.

Dated 29th Nov 2019
Quote:
Schumacher has superlicense framed on his wall

There was some confusion over whether or not Schumacher had a superlicense and if he would be eligible for a seat in F1 next year.

Earlier this year when he tested with Ferrari and Alfa Romeo, his rear light was green when he drove the Alfa Romeo, used for drivers who do not possess a superlicense.

Schumacher clarified that he does indeed have a superlicense, stating that he keeps it framed on his wall in his room."I do have the super license, there's never been confusion about that," said Schumacher. "There's probably been confusion about the lights, I've only seen it afterwards, I don't have mirrors that show me the lights

"But as you saw on the Ferrari, there were red lights so I have the super license. It's framed up in my room."
https://www.gptoday.net/en/news/f1/2...0my%20room.%22
Old 20 Aug 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3996687)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s hope it’s not a mail order one
Old 20 Aug 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3996719)   #113
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Schumacher himself has clarified that he does indeed have a super license, stating that he keeps it framed on his wall in his room.
Maybe some smartass will be along shortly to tell us again he can’t have one as 2018 is over 3 years ago.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3996741)   #114
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But once you’ve got one, the renewal process is fairly straightforward as long as you’ve done 300kms (I think.....). So people like Deletraz were wise to pay up for one when their stock was high.

On another note, imagine a scenario where Illot, Shwartzman and Mick Schu placed 1-2-3 in F2. That could be an interesting dynamic!
Old 20 Aug 2020, 20:10 (Ref:3996744)   #115
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Maybe some smartass will be along shortly to tell us again he can’t have one as 2018 is over 3 years ago.
Wouldn’t be that smart - their calendar must be seriously wrong!
Old 20 Aug 2020, 20:16 (Ref:3996746)   #116
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_cat View Post
But once you’ve got one, the renewal process is fairly straightforward as long as you’ve done 300kms (I think.....). So people like Deletraz were wise to pay up for one when their stock was high.
Yes, that's why he did it.
He got 40 points after winning the Formula Renault Eurocup or something like that and finishing high up in Formula Renault 3.5 the year after.
That's (approx.) when he paid up and he has renewed ever since.

At least, that's what I understood what he said when asked about it when he was guesting / co-commenting a F1 race on RTBF (French-speaking Belgian TV) last year or the year before.
Old 21 Aug 2020, 03:12 (Ref:3996780)   #117
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
The bottom line is that Ferrari only get a say in one of the Alfa seats not both. They already have Gio , so if one of their academy drivers is to get an Alfa seat it is at the expense of Gio.
"Sauber" (Alfa) can put who they like in the other seat be it Kimi, Hulkenberg or should the situation arise Perez with his Mexican millions.
Old 21 Aug 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3996793)   #118
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
The bottom line is that Ferrari only get a say in one of the Alfa seats not both. They already have Gio , so if one of their academy drivers is to get an Alfa seat it is at the expense of Gio.
"Sauber" (Alfa) can put who they like in the other seat be it Kimi, Hulkenberg or should the situation arise Perez with his Mexican millions.
That's true, but nothing would stop Sauber/Alfa to put one of the Ferrari junior's in the non-Ferrari seat if they wanted too?

Let's stay Ferrari sticks with Gio for their seat and Kimi has had enough; Perez stays with Racing Point, and Hulkenberg/Vettel are too expensive (want to be payed and bring no sponsors).

If they HAVE to look elsewhere then most of the top F2 drivers are linked to a F1 team and conveniently a lot of them are linked to Ferrari.
Surely Schwarzman would then be an interesting option: young, fast, Ferrari-approved + has SMP-sponsorship on top of that, plenty of SL points regardless of where he finishes.
Maybe Schumacher as well, but I don't know it he has any sponsorship + being beaten (currently) by your rookie-teammate doesn't look that good.
Old 21 Aug 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3996810)   #119
S griffin
Veteran

Let’s face it Ferrari aren’t like Red Bull in that just pick drivers who are part of their academy. Alfa could pick anyone, they aren’t bound by what Ferrari say
Old 21 Aug 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3996815)   #120
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Let’s face it Ferrari aren’t like Red Bull in that just pick drivers who are part of their academy. Alfa could pick anyone, they aren’t bound by what Ferrari say
Of course they are free.
It just happen that quite a few of the more exicting prospects + those with enough SL points (or already with a SL) are Ferrari-backed.
Not a problem for Alfa of course - quite the contrary - but potentially a problem for Red Bull or someone like Williams if they require someone new.
Old 21 Aug 2020, 17:55 (Ref:3996907)   #121
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
As I said before Ferrari as part of their engine deal / Alfa sponsorship get to choose one driver, the team gets to choose the other one (driver). So Ferrari do have a say in who drives for Alfa. (one seat anyway)
Old 21 Aug 2020, 23:36 (Ref:3996966)   #122
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Of course they are free.
It just happen that quite a few of the more exicting prospects + those with enough SL points (or already with a SL) are Ferrari-backed.
Not a problem for Alfa of course - quite the contrary - but potentially a problem for Red Bull or someone like Williams if they require someone new.
On current form and consistency i'm not sure there are many FDA who warrant F1 drives, SL or not.
Old 22 Aug 2020, 07:04 (Ref:3996999)   #123
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I didn’t think the Alfa Romeo deal was continuing past this season...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Aug 2020, 07:26 (Ref:3997002)   #124
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Good point.... I remember reading that there ws problems with the arrangement at the end of last year and that Sauber as such were unhappy in becoming a Ferrari B team.... stemming back to I think when the team went from being called Sauber Alf Romeo to just Alfa Romeo Racing. I guess the current auto market also will be a thorn to overcome.

Not heard anything this year about continuing problems other than the poor performance of the team and particularly the lack of pace the Ferrari engine seems to be showing. TBH I cant remember when the current deal expires.

BTW Welcome back GTR... not seen you around much recently, particularly in the V8SC area.
Old 22 Aug 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3997006)   #125
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

It could be the perfect time to become Stellantis F1.