Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 Mar 2023, 02:39 (Ref:4149083)   #726
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
No one is going to beat the beast and a half. Peak thread.

I have a nice big old Merc, but relatively not that big!

And a car parked so badly that they put a yellow sticker in it saying you’ve parked so badly we’re coming to tow this away tomorrow.
That's your Merc?? That's cool! Large and in charge from ze Germans.

I hope to own a Scooby some day but I must admit their owner's don't have a greatest reputation in the world. But they don't spin leaving the cars and coffee like a Mustang because AWD.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 02:40 (Ref:4149084)   #727
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Guy was taking pictures in a lot when I stopped. Slammed to the deck cause it's kewwl
I love that thing! Like I say about my car now, it's period correct.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 03:01 (Ref:4149085)   #728
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That's your Merc?? That's cool! Large and in charge from ze Germans.
Sadly not.

I’ve had quite a few Mercs (from when I worked for them). Including an S-Class, but it was a much later gen. Loved it. In that segment they just win.

Quote:
I hope to own a Scooby some day but I must admit their owner's don't have a greatest reputation in the world. But they don't spin leaving the cars and coffee like a Mustang because AWD.
I would like an old Scooby. Trouble is I want a standard one. They’ve all been messed with. As you say, the owners…
Old 25 Mar 2023, 03:10 (Ref:4149086)   #729
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I crashed a Scooby hauling ass down a gravel driveway and blew the head gasket on another doing donuts in the snow. Good times.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 03:17 (Ref:4149088)   #730
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A literal "catch". I was driving opo direction after turning around because of being stopped by an excavator and a backhoe in the middle of a highway....

She's a right hand drive, mid engine, mail delivery machine because the sticks. I can't recall the last time I've seen one moving.

Old 25 Mar 2023, 03:17 (Ref:4149089)   #731
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, I see where the reputation comes from
Old 25 Mar 2023, 03:40 (Ref:4149094)   #732
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I would like an old Scooby. Trouble is I want a standard one. They’ve all been messed with. As you say, the owners…
That's the problem, so I've resigned myself to "rescuing" one, turning it back to stock with exception of some period correct mods; intake/exhaust, a Cobb tuning port, and maybe some coilovers. A blob eye STi in particular. The Fields have owned a few Subarus and they have so much personality, I want one.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 03:41 (Ref:4149095)   #733
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
A literal "catch". I was driving opo direction after turning around because of being stopped by an excavator and a backhoe in the middle of a highway....

She's a right hand drive, mid engine, mail delivery machine because the sticks. I can't recall the last time I've seen one moving.

As the legend goes, the mail truck Previas are all JDM and absolutely indestructible.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 05:21 (Ref:4149098)   #734
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think we call the Previa the Tarago in these parts. Not sure if AusPost used them though.... they use Mercedes Sprinters (some electric) and Vitos or Renault vans.
Your everyday postie gets an electric trike now. Problem is the NIMBY's dont like them because the trikes are allowed to use pavements and a number of trees had to be removed to allow them access!
Resident Jules Thomson-Martin said Australia Post’s trikes were more like tuk-tuks than bikes and did not belong on footpaths.
Quote:
“It’s not right to come in and remove a tree that has been growing for 30 years,” he said. “I’m a landscape architect and we are doing everything we can to get as much vegetation on streets as possible for obvious reasons, to tackle climate change and for amenity. The Council chopped down the “nicest tree in the street”, leaving only a stump.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 13:09 (Ref:4149116)   #735
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I’d like to see two posties race in them.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 13:23 (Ref:4149117)   #736
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That's the problem, so I've resigned myself to "rescuing" one, turning it back to stock with exception of some period correct mods; intake/exhaust, a Cobb tuning port, and maybe some coilovers. A blob eye STi in particular.
Has to be blue.

Colin McRae era Imprezas are now easy to bring into the country. Being over 25 years old has opened up the pool a bit. But anything half decent will still be a lot.

This one came over before it was 25 and a cool 100k!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-subaru-22b-3/

It’ll have to be a rescuer mission.

Mid naughties example:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...za-wrx-sti-89/

I guess that price will grow quickly in the next day.

I’d have to educate myself if I was considering one of these. Not sure I know enough about all the variants and spec’s.

Quote:
The Fields have owned a few Subarus and they have so much personality, I want one.
the Fields and obviously the exception to the rule
Old 25 Mar 2023, 13:32 (Ref:4149121)   #737
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

There was an article in Auto week or road and track or something this week about the worst Toyotas ever made, and the previa was on the list. They didn't like engine position or power levels. I always thought they were pretty cool as far as minivans go
Old 25 Mar 2023, 13:35 (Ref:4149123)   #738
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Before Christmas there is a well organised local tractor run.
Back to tractors:
https://twitter.com/super70ssports/s...yWILSZ0DMY7C-g
Old 25 Mar 2023, 13:44 (Ref:4149124)   #739
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There was an article in Auto week or road and track or something this week about the worst Toyotas ever made, and the previa was on the list. They didn't like engine position or power levels. I always thought they were pretty cool as far as minivans go
Travesty. Still too ahead of its time for some.

The minivan is almost dead now, which is a shame. Yes, it’s not something that makes us go weak at the knees, but it does its job better than anything else.

If you’ve done the whole big family thing, then what else? Especially if you can also use it as a van occasionally. The three row SUVs aren’t as good. I know people who are hanging on to older ones and will miss it when they have to change. The last ones are still making good money due to the demand, but overall the market isn’t really big enough to justify it. The market is wrong. Killed by product marketing because it wasn’t sexy enough for them.

In the UK after the Grand Voyager was lost it fell down to the basically just the Ford Galaxy (which wasn’t great) and the VW Sharan and Seat Alhambra. The Seat Alhambra was always well spec’d.

Good car, did what it was designed to do well. And there is something in that.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 16:30 (Ref:4149150)   #740
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The wife sped up and passed a guy in a Civic for me to catch her. Late gen Fiero, don't think I've seen one in years
Old 25 Mar 2023, 17:20 (Ref:4149156)   #741
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Panel fit!

What is the black thing on the side in front of the rear wheel? Engine air intake?
Old 25 Mar 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4149174)   #742
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The wife sped up and passed a guy in a Civic for me to catch her. Late gen Fiero, don't think I've seen one in years
Not too many around these days, but you can't blame that in build quality. They are all obviously being stowed away by collectors waiting for the market to turn.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 20:16 (Ref:4149177)   #743
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Panel fit!

What is the black thing on the side in front of the rear wheel? Engine air intake?
Believe that's from the jump a coke can in a parking lot section of the parts wall at your local O'Reilly
Old 26 Mar 2023, 17:25 (Ref:4149236)   #744
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Sweet sweet hipster Buick, in this neighborhood it would not be the original owner living there still.
Old 26 Mar 2023, 20:22 (Ref:4149264)   #745
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I pulled into a parking lot and heard these two people talking to each other about station wagons, it was great.
Old 27 Mar 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4149384)   #746
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Panel fit!
Don't know what you're talking about - that door is very nearly closed
Old 27 Mar 2023, 21:19 (Ref:4149426)   #747
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Trucks haven't gotten any bigger have they? F150 single cab long box classic and some vomit inducing monstrosity
Old 27 Mar 2023, 23:46 (Ref:4149431)   #748
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
What on earth!
Old 28 Mar 2023, 00:59 (Ref:4149432)   #749
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I think they were going for this

Old 28 Mar 2023, 02:43 (Ref:4149438)   #750
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think they were going for this

No, I would respect that more than dbag RoadArmor catalog buyer