Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Jun 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3833655)   #8526
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He did take the high line. Although he may have put a bit of wheel in it? Maybe just close.

The video is on YouTube.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3833658)   #8527
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Although he may have put a bit of wheel in it? .
The inside front was probably barely on the track surface at that point anyway.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 19:39 (Ref:3833659)   #8528
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I Not sure if that was at the Döttinger Höhe or not (I am not that familiar with the different names on the track), but I think it is.
Döttinger Höhe is the name of the long straight.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 19:47 (Ref:3833660)   #8529
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
The inside front was probably barely on the track surface at that point anyway.

They really are wusses

There was minimal kerb for most of the lap, but the kerbs are relatively dramatic there and that car works best on the flat.

I’ve watched it again. It’s even better
Old 29 Jun 2018, 20:05 (Ref:3833666)   #8530
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
The wide FOV (field of view) in the onboard must be an intentional choice, it kind of improves the sense of speed, but it also makes it harder to separate acceleration from deacceleration. So now it looks more like it is going the same speed all the time.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3833672)   #8531
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
I don't think anyone could ever fathom Porsche's time today.
The Romans did not ever expected that the man one day would put his left foot on the rocky Moon.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 20:22 (Ref:3833673)   #8532
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Watched the full lap this morning at work. Pretty sure gasps were heard all around the office...

I calculated the top speed in MPH down the Döttinger Höhe at around 220? And man!! Timo's got to have a headache / sore neck after this!
I watched it at work this morning too! I had to watch the clock a couple times because I could have sworn it was being played in fast forward.

Quote:
Did they avoid the lower bowl, the concrete portion, at Karussell because it is too rough?
yes he stayed high on the Karussell
Old 29 Jun 2018, 20:32 (Ref:3833676)   #8533
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I watched it at work this morning too! I had to watch the clock a couple times because I could have sworn it was being played in fast forward.

yes he stayed high on the Karussell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
He did take the high line. Although he may have put a bit of wheel in it? Maybe just close.

The video is on YouTube.
The original idea was this was the proper line as the other portion is a drainage ditch...

Off topic, more road courses need high banks in some corners!!
Old 29 Jun 2018, 21:18 (Ref:3833686)   #8534
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I'm more impressed with this than toyota beating a bunch of privateers.
Really? (They only did that because Audi and Porsche left......).

It is pretty insane though, I must admit......
Old 29 Jun 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3833696)   #8535
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Döttinger Höhe is the name of the long straight.
Cool, thanks. I have watched the last 2 editions of the Nurburgring 24 hours, but I find this a very hard track to memorize. More than Le Mans, more than any other track I have ever watched a race at.
I think I'll manage to remember the name of that long straight now
Old 29 Jun 2018, 22:51 (Ref:3833698)   #8536
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
This is a handy website http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/fans-i...the-track.html
Old 29 Jun 2018, 23:35 (Ref:3833700)   #8537
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And, ladies and gents, we have an onboard video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmSUHhP3ug

Thoroughly enjoyed that.
Old 30 Jun 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3833758)   #8538
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Really? (They only did that because Audi and Porsche left......).

It is pretty insane though, I must admit......

Maybe more excited? China launching a communication satellite into orbit is impressive, but go karting is a lot more exciting...
Old 30 Jun 2018, 13:50 (Ref:3833760)   #8539
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not for me, I confess, but as I'm wildly out of step with those who are excited, I'll leave it there. There is another version of the video in which it would appear that all was not as it seemed.......

https://www.facebook.com/alclark.tra...YxNTgwMzEyMzM/
Old 30 Jun 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3833768)   #8540
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not for me, I confess, but as I'm wildly out of step with those who are excited, I'll leave it there. There is another version of the video in which it would appear that all was not as it seemed.......

https://www.facebook.com/alclark.tra...YxNTgwMzEyMzM/
ROFL, that is awesome! I did expect to see a hatchback in the armco ahead of the Porsche at some point on the record lap, but I guess they have the $ for private testing!
Old 30 Jun 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3833825)   #8541
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Very good.

I was going round there and a local in a Suzuki Swift did that to me.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 11:10 (Ref:3833908)   #8542
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Swift by name.......
Old 10 Jul 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3835954)   #8543
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood will have an interesting battle between the 919 EVO and the VW ID R Pikes Peak soon.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...71586486554831
Old 11 Jul 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3836069)   #8544
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This will be interesting, average speed is a little lower (~160 kmh), so it may be I.D. R benefit, but Porsche is more tuned up race car, you can't ignore 5 years of development and fine tuning.

My bet is on 919.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 13:33 (Ref:3836075)   #8545
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Porsche said that they're done with records after the Nurburgring run, the press release after that lap record said that pretty explicitly. I guess they'll only do a slow-speed demo run at Goodwood. The ID.R on the other hand is explicitly noted to be going for a proper timed run.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 23:22 (Ref:3836184)   #8546
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Goodwood will have an interesting battle between the 919 EVO and the VW ID R Pikes Peak soon.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...71586486554831

Guess what? VAG Group will win and in the end they will have a few idiots applauding this media stunt.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 00:39 (Ref:3836193)   #8547
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Guess what? VAG Group will win and in the end they will have a few idiots applauding this media stunt.
Win what? Doesn't look like the 919 is going for a 'record run' so it's up to the Pikes Peak ID.R which they admitted might not break the record by Heidfeld. So there's no guaranteed win at all.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3836236)   #8548
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
The entire Goodwood FoS is a "media stunt". But it also allows us to look at nice cars.

What you're doing is complaining about your dog barking.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 08:41 (Ref:3836245)   #8549
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Porsche said that they're done with records after the Nurburgring run, the press release after that lap record said that pretty explicitly. I guess they'll only do a slow-speed demo run at Goodwood. The ID.R on the other hand is explicitly noted to be going for a proper timed run.
I hope they still have a crack at Laguna Seca.

Goodwood doesnt phase me if they just do a demo run. I'm pretty convinced the 919 Evo is capable of taking the outright record in the right hands anyway.

Speaking of Porsche LMP1 I'more interested in the first public appearance of 9R3 Projekt
Old 12 Jul 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3836267)   #8550
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would like to see them give the Goodwood hillclimb record a try, they already have done enough at Spa and the Nurburgring, why not try another