Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 16 Apr 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1279737)   #26
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know full well that Spa anytime of year is going to be touch and go...but mid-April is asking for trouble in my book. I've gotta feel sorry for those fans that have trecked over there and stood out in the cold and rain all day only to find out at the end that the race was off! Yes I even feel sorry for F3L!

Surely a July,August,September date would be much more beneficial to everyone involved?
Old 16 Apr 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1279797)   #27
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alvaro!!! Yeaaaaaaaaah!!!!!
*looks proud*
Hehehehehehe

*clears throat*
Uhum, yes as you might have guessed I'm over the moon with quali 1
Old 16 Apr 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1279868)   #28
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ok so we have lost the race does anyone know if it is going to be re-run later in the year?
Old 17 Apr 2005, 08:25 (Ref:1280067)   #29
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Taken from http://www.fota.co.uk
Quote:
Race one will not take place here at Spa, but will be re-scheduled for later in the season. Race two will start tomorrow at 10:30 hours, as originally scheduled, with the starting order of the second qualifying.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1280075)   #30
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
update: The weather conditions haven't improved enough overnight, and the CoC has decided that it isn't safe enough to allow single seaters to run, so teh second race is now cancelled aswell
Old 17 Apr 2005, 08:49 (Ref:1280081)   #31
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great shame for all of the drivers, teams, and supporters who have made the trip over there - a great deal of cost for all of them for no return.

What happens about Susie when the races are rerun - she dropped out of the Spa rounds due to her ankle injury (hope it gets better soon Susie - we all want to see you complete a full season) - so when these rounds are rerun later in the season will she be allowed to compete in those rounds - or is she now barred from those rounds (as by dropping out she could not possibly have earned any championship points from this weekend)
Old 17 Apr 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1280085)   #32
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats terrible news , one of the greatest tracks too ...I agree with Gaz , seems a silly time of year , kind of asking for trouble , abit like when they ran the GP at Silverstone in April a few years back .

Just been watching the live streaming , and it looks really bleak .
Old 17 Apr 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1280086)   #33
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Well from my point of view its fantastic news as it means I havn't missed two races that I would have anyway but I really, really feel for all those people that have made the journey, particulary the fans and then got to see absolutely nothing for their troubles and expense.

Again though, in my view it was a silly time of year to organise to race over there...April anywhere in Europe is risking bad whether but Spa of all places.

And can we really stop all this Susie talk, it is doing my head in how much space on this web board alone she gets! When shes won something or maybe even got a podium to her name then we can all chat about her. I mean Ronayne O Mahony doesn't get this type of coverage and his results weren't that much worse than Susie's at Donington!
Old 17 Apr 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1280090)   #34
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well thats a bit joke, the fans will very annoyed
Old 17 Apr 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1280356)   #35
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a joke? It's safety first.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1280374)   #36
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fog is just as bad now ,have LMES on live and can hardly see the numbers! Would be too dangerous for single seaters without headlamps.
Re,Suzie,I hope she is not penalised if 2 replacement rounds are run later. Just a suggestion; could these be fitted in to the A1GP meeting Brands Hatch GPcircuit on Sep 25?
Old 17 Apr 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1280386)   #37
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The replacement races will ONLY be for the drivers qualified to race at Spa, using the same tyres and grid positions as would of been used at Spa.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1280439)   #38
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Good and so they shouldn't! If you weren't at Spa then you shouldn't race full stop....what would happen if the unthinkable happened and she actually got a good result and took points away from the others that attended Spa? That wouldn't be on and wouldn't be fare as if the races had gone ahead as scheduled she wouldn't have been there.

Not a sexist response just a rather peed off response to this whole subject. I'm longing for the day she actually wins a race...I've been waiting nearly 4 years now...then perhaps these endless discussions on her will prove worthy! At the moment the fact she gets so much attention is just that shes got a couple of things not many other drivers have and you've gotta be desperate to find them attractive!

Last edited by Gaz; 17 Apr 2005 at 15:05.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1280525)   #39
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves
It's a joke? It's safety first.
Yeah i definatly agree, I meant some of the teams can't be to happy about it.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1280555)   #40
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz/
At the moment the fact she gets so much attention is just that shes got a couple of things not many other drivers have and you've gotta be desperate to find them attractive!
That was rather harsh Gaz. Someone was merely commenting on the rules for the rescheduled races and you go a bit OTT with that rather personal comment. And no I'm not just saying that because of Susie, I'd say similar if you were having a go at someone else who missed the meeting.

Surely you should be investing in a new soapbox for this season as the current one must be a bit worn out with all the ranting you do every single bleedin' day.

Last edited by Craner Curves; 17 Apr 2005 at 18:06.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1280589)   #41
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Er, Gaz, calm down, mate. Everyone must know your views by now. It's about time you reeled them in.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1280602)   #42
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I'm just sick of the suck ups on here! Just because she has a pair of you know whats!lol!

If she was a male and getting the same results I doubt I'd ever see the name mentioned on here and it annoys me! Nevermind the endless awards she receives and the constant coverage.....I'm sure a few of the other racers that are struggling to run at the front must seriously be considering a sex change!

My rants keep you entertained - come on!

Last edited by Gaz; 17 Apr 2005 at 19:26.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1280618)   #43
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
2 replacement rounds are run later. Just a suggestion; could these be fitted in to the A1GP meeting Brands Hatch GPcircuit on Sep 25?
that would be superb if it could be made to happen . What an event that would turn out out be near the end of the season . Although , life doesnt work out like we always want it to does it .

Last edited by Sato san; 17 Apr 2005 at 19:49.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1280625)   #44
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
That would be an awesome idea, although I doubt very much it will happen purely down to the fact that Mr Ratel and Mr Palmer just can't do business.

Last edited by Gaz; 17 Apr 2005 at 19:55.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1280653)   #45
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
I'm just sick of the suck ups on here! Just because she has a pair of you know whats!lol!
I'm not sucking up, I'm just a racing fan who happens to think you are being a tad unfair. It just happened to be Stoddart who was not involved this weekend. If it was for example Tim Bridgeman who had to miss out, would you be as bothered about someone asking if he was still eligible for the rerun races? No need to fly off the handle just because it was a certain someone who was mentioned.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1280668)   #46
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Getting back to what DID actually happen at Spa, second qualifying was pretty amazing. Kane on pole by just five-thou and the top six covered by 0.150s, despite a lap time of over 2m 35s. How close is that?
Old 17 Apr 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1280670)   #47
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I'd stick by my opinion that if you weren't at Spa you shouldn't race whether you were Susie Stoddart, Tim Bridgman or Michael Schumacher! Its just simply not fair!

Perhaps my comments were a bit extreme but I still stick by the point of them, when she wins a race then I'll be with you all....its just unless circumstances get extreme (i.e. Silverstone, Marcus Marshall win last year) I can't see it!
Old 17 Apr 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1280674)   #48
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Forgot. have a look here: http://www.fota.co.uk/results.php?event=2&season=2005
Old 17 Apr 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1280737)   #49
Murray Talker
Rookie

Murray Talker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Clarke Denied By Fog And Rain At Spa

Just arrived back from a very misty Spa - a great shame that the races didn't happen but the right decision considering the safety issues. Danny Watts, who had been working with Dan and Bruno throughout the weekend, was the man who joined the Clerk of the Course in the Safety Car for a few laps and made the final decision. He said "At the top of Eau Rouge you could not see more than 100m ahead and it was just not possible to safetly proceed".

Lets hope the 'men/ladies in charge' chose the appropriate circuits to re-run the races - Monza and Silverstone GP please.

Dan's press release for the weekend follows to give you some more background.

Chas...

Dan Clarke was denied the chance to make up ground in the British Formula 3 International Series points chase with the cancellation of both races at Spa-Francorchamps due to fog and rain.

Clarke, who is third in the championship, had placed his Raikkonen Robertson Racing Dallara-Mugen Honda fifth on the grid in dry qualifying for the first race. In the wet second session he was seventh. Both times he finished up ahead of series leader Danilo Dirani and second man Mike Conway.

But that wasn't enough for Clarke, who won at the classic Belgian track in Formula Ford last year. "It was a bit of a disappointment initially," he said. "We had too much understeer into the corners that led onto long straights. It was the same story in the wet - I was having to apply too much lock and was having to wait too long to accelerate. We were looking good for the races though. We were running much less downforce than the others, giving us a 4mph advantage on the straights. I just had to stay calm, because with the rain and fog there would have been a lot of people out there trying to prove a point.

"It would have been touch and go in those conditions - driving in the fog and rain at Spa from fifth and seventh on the grid would not be ideal! But overall it was a very positive weekend for the team."

Clarke played down the disappointment at losing a chance to make up ground in the championship. Each of the Spa races will probably be re-scheduled to take place as a third race at one of the remaining events, with the drivers starting from the grid positions they earned this weekend. "I'm not really thinking about the championship," said Dan. "This is a learning year, and we may be missing the Knockhill weekend anyway (on May 14/15) because we may do the clashing Euroseries race at the Monaco Grand Prix instead. Even if we won a race at the next round at Croft (on May 7/8) it might still be a case of doing Monaco to impress a different crowd."

Raikkonen Robertson team chief Anthony 'Boyo' Hieatt said: "Dan has proven to be an extremely consistent qualifier. We were very pleased with him again this weekend, especially as he's not having the fluctuations everyone else seems to be getting."
Old 18 Apr 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1281040)   #50
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Umm, is this is a discussion forum or a PR forum? There were 25 other drivers there who were also 'denied by fog and rain at Spa'... You forgot the low cloud, too.