Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 Mar 2019, 06:02 (Ref:3893607)   #76
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm guessing the double-header has something to do with giving the teams a two-week summer break (when was the last time we saw a break that long?) and seeing as it'll be two full 400-mile races I'm guessing the teams will bring double of everything.
Old 27 Mar 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3893626)   #77
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I don't remember a two week break in the schedule ever (but that could be my memory!). I think it is a good thing, give everyone involved in the sport the opportunity of a good vacation mid Summer. In F1 the teams are banned from performing any work during the summer break - the intention being that people do rest rather than chug away trying to improve the cars. 35 long weekends away from home has to be better than 36! I've always thought the season long, but that's my perspective as a European where F1 used to be mid-teens number of races and British Touring Cars are 10 meets.

I guess NASCAR will be watching the attendance and TV figures for Pocono very closely. If they get pricing right to pull fans in the whole weekend and the weather Gods play nice it could be very successful. And if it is maybe they'll look at the same formula for other tracks that are a long haul from the Carolinas?
Old 27 Mar 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3893767)   #78
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Next year will see quite a shake-up in regards to the schedule. Full info here:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...-race-changes/

Some highlights:
- ISM Raceway will host the season finale, while Homestead moves to March.
- Indy replaces Daytona during the 4th of July weekend. Daytona will instead mark the end of the regular season.
- Pocono will see a double header, with two races the same weekend.

I think it's good NASCAR is starting to shake up the schedule for real and I suspect we'll see even more changes once the current contracts run out.
Yeah maybe there will be more of shakeup in 2021. Brickyard 400 is a 25 year experiment that has not brought much to the table honestly. The best running of that were the first couple in the mid 90's. Time to say good bye unless a double header is thrown in there with a race on the road course the day before.

I think Circuit of the Americas should be an early season race as well. More double headers are needed. But make the races 200 mile runs with no stages. Michigan and Chicago are example of this. Can have over 40 races on the schedule with these double headers in place. Watkins Glen can do this too, with one race on short course and one using the boot.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3894099)   #79
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd change the Brickyard by running clockwise and adding two chicanes at the end of the straights.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3895526)   #80
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Waltrip will retire at the end of the FOX Broadcast Syndication in 2019.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...h-19-year-run/
Old 5 Apr 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3895572)   #81
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Waltrip will retire at the end of the FOX Broadcast Syndication in 2019.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...h-19-year-run/
And not a decade too soon...
Old 7 Apr 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3896055)   #82
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I kinda like the old duffer; in all the time I've watched NASCAR his voice has been there. Much like Murray Walker was Formula 1. He certainly loves and cares for the sport. Does look and sounds like he's aged this past year or two. Happy retirement DW.

(Does this mean MW moving into the booth for Cup?)
Old 8 Apr 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3896293)   #83
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
So it will be an era of no 'boggity, boggity, boggity?'

I agree that it will be weird not to have his commentary, although it seemed lke he was struggling to keep up with Gordon.

Last edited by skycafe; 8 Apr 2019 at 17:58. Reason: Typo
Old 25 Apr 2019, 21:00 (Ref:3899640)   #84
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
So, Dega this weekend. Without restrictor plates.

What will the racing be like? Will the big packs and those horrible multiple car wrecks still be a thing? Hopefully not the latter.
Old 25 Apr 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3899653)   #85
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
So, Dega this weekend. Without restrictor plates.

What will the racing be like? Will the big packs and those horrible multiple car wrecks still be a thing? Hopefully not the latter.
Should be interesting, if nothing else. I'll be watching some "historic" stockcars at Road Atlanta. Maybe I'll get home in time to see the big crash, I mean, big finale.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3900255)   #86
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, the Xfinity guys made it though yesterday without major carnage by superspeedway standards. Can the Cup guys manage that without running plates per se on the cars now? Reportedly throttle response on the Cup cars is much better than it has been since the plates came into use.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3900360)   #87
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Should be interesting, if nothing else. I'll be watching some "historic" stockcars at Road Atlanta. Maybe I'll get home in time to see the big crash, I mean, big finale.
I hear the kid of some guy named Bill running an oldish, especially in that field, stock car this weekend won the big race.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3900363)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I hear the kid of some guy named Bill running an oldish, especially in that field, stock car this weekend won the big race.
Chase! And Bill! They're Awesome.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 23:17 (Ref:3900371)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Chase! And Bill! They're Awesome.
Awesome Bill from Dawsonville?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Apr 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3900511)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Awesome Bill from Dawsonville?
Yessir!

Latest, may not be the best article but the tradition that they rang a siren in Dawsonville when Bill won. Now, they do it for Chase!
Old 29 Apr 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3900565)   #91
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Internet will always have some good reports if you can find them. Shame about the Chase, not like the old days
Old 30 Apr 2019, 04:27 (Ref:3900624)   #92
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Looks like I forgot to post the actual article I was referencing:
Quote:
Yessir!

Latest, may not be the best article but the tradition that they rang a siren in Dawsonville when Bill won. Now, they do it for Chase!
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/sports/wi...elliott-knows-

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Internet will always have some good reports if you can find them. Shame about the Chase, not like the old days
It is what it is at this point but yes. Shameful.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3900719)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the article. It seems though there's a way to go before this series is what it was again
Old 30 Apr 2019, 21:23 (Ref:3900841)   #94
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Yessir!

That is just awesome (no pun intended)! I did hear Bill won his class at The Mitty, wish I could have seen that.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 23:02 (Ref:3900868)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

I hope it continues to go well for him
Old 30 Apr 2019, 23:53 (Ref:3900884)   #96
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
We are all hearing the siren's blare.
Old 1 May 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3901031)   #97
S griffin
Veteran

Good to see Chevy continue to do well in the main series
Old 1 May 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3901057)   #98
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, I hope this is the start of a Chevy resurgence. I LOVE the sound of V8's, but the Chevy is by far the sweetest music to my ears.

And we need somebody to make Kyle Busch and Joey Logano work hard for their living!
Old 2 May 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3901160)   #99
S griffin
Veteran

Certainly seems like it. Great sounding engines compared to the others and will make the competition closer too
Old 2 May 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3901185)   #100
S griffin
Veteran

So we’ll see if Chevy can keep it up, would be great for them and the series if they do