Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jan 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3360986)   #51
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Benson

"Not only do Lotus not have a car at this test but they have also lost team principal Eric Boullier, who is moving to the same role at McLaren. He will replace Martin Whitmarsh following the boardroom coup that has seen chairman Ron Dennis put back in charge of the F1 team. Boullier is not expected to be in Jerez with McLaren, but the announcement of his new role is only a matter of time."

More spin.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3361050)   #52
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I keep searching YouTube but can't find the relevant Murray Walker Spin! Spin! Spin! clip...
Old 28 Jan 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3361316)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why is this spin? Surely it is simply rumour?
Old 29 Jan 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3361518)   #54
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Surely it is simply rumour?
No it's not.

Okay, so not Team Principle. Racing Director it is.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3361520)   #55
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So there will be a new top managment layer at Mclaren with a new CEO for the racing team to be appointed.

Boullier to Mclaren looks like a good move for them.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3361527)   #56
321Go
Veteran

Ross Brawn to be McLaren Racing CEO??

Old 29 Jan 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3361548)   #57
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is race director the same as team principal? I just expected them to say team principal instead.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3361551)   #58
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
Is race director the same as team principal?
Essentially, yes. There will be no team principle at McLaren under the new management restructure by Ron Dennis. So yes, Eric Boullier is the equivalent of a team principle. He will be at all the races. The yet to be appointed McLaren Racing CEO may not be at all the races.

Going on the restructure and the new appointments, I think Ron is planning for Eric Boullier to stay for the long term.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3361556)   #59
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Ron Dennis, CEO and chairman of the Mclaren Group (the entire Mclaren Empire)

I
I
V

CEO of Mclaren Racing (as of yet unknown, or Ross Brawn as daydreamed by the posters here)

I
I
V

Racing Director, Eric Boullier

Mclaren seem to have broadly adopted the organisational structure at Ferrari I guess with the team principal position split up between Boullier and Mr TBA, with Mr. TBA getting seniority.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3361562)   #60
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Ross Brawn to be McLaren Racing CEO??

That must be what my mate meant!
Old 19 Feb 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3370022)   #61
321Go
Veteran

Here's a before and after.

BEFORE.

AFTER.

Spot the difference.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3370042)   #62
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:

BEFORE.

AFTER.

Spot the difference.
He's facing the other way? (Does that mean he's turned the other cheek?)
Old 19 Feb 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3370093)   #63
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any news on Martin Whitmarsh ? it's all been very quiet, is he still working in any role at all, he's still listed on the McLaren website as team principal
Old 19 Feb 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3370098)   #64
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

BEFORE.

AFTER.

Spot the difference.
I could mirror on one of the pics.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3370103)   #65
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym View Post
Is there any news on Martin Whitmarsh ? it's all been very quiet, is he still working in any role at all, he's still listed on the McLaren website as team principal
i would have said that they just havent updated their website for 2014 but they have Boullier listed 'Race Director' (plus new driver lineup but still a 2013 race calendar) so the site has been somewhat updated but yeah odd that MW is still up there.

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team/management/

off topic i would have though that with the low key launches that seem to be the new standard the one thing that should be updated right away is the team's website.

really i struggle to understand F1's apparent lack of apathy towards the internet!
Old 19 Feb 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3370178)   #66
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i would have said that they just havent updated their website for 2014 but they have Boullier listed 'Race Director' (plus new driver lineup but still a 2013 race calendar) so the site has been somewhat updated but yeah odd that MW is still up there.

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team/management/

off topic i would have though that with the low key launches that seem to be the new standard the one thing that should be updated right away is the team's website.

really i struggle to understand F1's apparent lack of apathy towards the internet!
its obviously out of date even if it says 2013 because in MW's detail it lists the drivers as Hamilton and Button....
But it is probably being changed right now...
Old 20 Feb 2014, 03:24 (Ref:3370253)   #67
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the MW initials can lead elsewhere...

Mark Webber for CEO!!
Old 20 Feb 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3370387)   #68
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Maybe the MW initials can lead elsewhere...

Mark Webber for CEO!!
If it was true...
Old 21 Feb 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3370620)   #69
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Mark Webber to McLaren!
Old 21 Feb 2014, 09:21 (Ref:3370625)   #70
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Mark Webber to McLaren!
True?
Old 21 Feb 2014, 09:37 (Ref:3370631)   #71
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Essentially, yes. There will be no team principle at McLaren under the new management restructure by Ron Dennis. So yes, Eric Boullier is the equivalent of a team principle. He will be at all the races. The yet to be appointed McLaren Racing CEO may not be at all the races.
Eric Boullier yesterday confirmed what I posted above.

Boullier: “Yes, it is definitely a team principal role on track and let’s say that off track I have to focus more on the performance of the team.

“Time has changed and moved forward and you cannot have a team principal acting in the sole role today.

“I think teams are now getting bigger and you have to share the responsibilities of the organisation to make sure you make the best of it.”

And as for Martin Whitmarsh, sources say he has left the McLaren group altogether. He is not part of the McLaren empire anymore.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3370687)   #72
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If that's true, it's a shame. Martin Whitmarsh may not have been the team principal McLaren needed but I hoped that Ron would find him a niche somewhere at Woking.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3370704)   #73
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
If that's true, it's a shame. Martin Whitmarsh may not have been the team principal McLaren needed but I hoped that Ron would find him a niche somewhere at Woking.

he really made me want to root for Mclaren.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3374369)   #74
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Martin Whitmash has been removed from the McLaren website now, and along with any sort of colour, everything is grey and dull now, I guess Ron really is back in control
Old 3 Mar 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3374377)   #75
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym View Post
So Martin Whitmash has been removed from the McLaren website now, and along with any sort of colour, everything is grey and dull now, I guess Ron really is back in control
I suppose that Martin is now adding the line
Job Description: Professional Scapegoat to the bottom of his CV.