Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 6 Feb 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2628071)   #701
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would 4 races per round not also put more costs on the teams to as well?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2628073)   #702
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Maybe the introduction of Super Production based second class to make up for a lack of entries?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2628085)   #703
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Maybe the introduction of Super Production based second class to make up for a lack of entries?
Lack of entries??? That's not the official line.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2628097)   #704
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
*re-introduction*?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2628101)   #705
c8nay
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, England
c8nay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Neil's Twitter feed in the last few hours:
Quote:
'Given some of the speculation of my #BTCC tweet, I might have to reduce 'dramatically' a bit as some people have v. dramatic imaginations'
and
Quote:
'Sorry for all those @Ten_Tenths in the touring forum. A lot of crazy suggestions there, I think you may feel let down'
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2628108)   #706
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Told you! Typical TcT!

I guess it's to do with a new team/manufacturer coming in then?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2628118)   #707
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could it be to do with that tweet about RML and Chevrolet with Plato in the BTCC for 2010 that then disappeared

At a guess I'd go with Jamesy-18 - something to do with RML/ Chevrolet or one of the BMW teams or another manufacturer
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2628157)   #708
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Old 7 Feb 2010, 00:53 (Ref:2628258)   #709
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
Could it be to do with that tweet about RML and Chevrolet with Plato in the BTCC for 2010 that then disappeared
I'd be tempted to agree with this and coupled with some other stories go out on a limb and suggest a Plato / Turkington pairing in works / semi works Cruze's.

We'll soon find out I guess.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 01:12 (Ref:2628270)   #710
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I'd be tempted to agree with this and coupled with some other stories go out on a limb and suggest a Plato / Turkington pairing in works / semi works Cruze's.

We'll soon find out I guess.
It would also tie in with the 2 Racing Silverline Lacettis being up for sale in Autosport this week (as they are not needed) and Pontus Morth saying back in November that the 2009 WTCC Chevrolets were not available any more as they had been sold to the "BTCC Team"

As you say touringlegend, we will find out soon enough
Old 7 Feb 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2628457)   #711
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Would love to see RML/Silverline back. I'd hope they'd keep the same line-up though with Plato and Jackson. I hope Turkington stays at WSR and I'd be very happy if Triple 8 managed to get Gio into a Vectra.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2628502)   #712
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An announcement about not heading to donnington park, maybe a third round at brands?
Old 7 Feb 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2628527)   #713
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
God I'd hope not a third round at Brands-two is enough! If that was the case, give another track another round.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 15:35 (Ref:2628573)   #714
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
give another track another round.
Anglesey, Castle Combe or Goodwood would be nice.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2628581)   #715
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like to see a support race at the Silverstone GP, I don't think there are any other tracks than those already on the calendar that would meet Alan Gow's expectations.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2628583)   #716
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Quote:
I'd like to see a support race at the Silverstone GP, I don't think there are any other tracks than those already on the calendar that would meet Alan Gow's expectations.
Yeah, that would be great. Would show the F1 boys a thing or two about connecting the fans to the drivers too...
Old 7 Feb 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2628597)   #717
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The previously mentioned 3 tracks are either unwilling or unable to run a BTCC meeting.

A GP support race will happen shortly after hell freezes over. There's far too many commercial and rights issues that running a BTCC championship round as pretty much impossible.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2628602)   #718
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The previously mentioned 3 tracks are either unwilling or unable to run a BTCC meeting.

A GP support race will happen shortly after hell freezes over. There's far too many commercial and rights issues that running a BTCC championship round as pretty much impossible.
I do like a bit of optimism.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2628610)   #719
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
love to see touring cars at cadwell
Old 7 Feb 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2628624)   #720
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
I do like a bit of optimism.
If you mean the 3 circuits: Castle Combe have too many noise restrictions and have previously said that it's not financially in their interest to run a BTCC round. Goodwood is very restricted on noise and number of days use and besides has no real pit-lane facilities to speak of. Anglesey is too remote and Gow has already said it does not have the local infrastructure to support a meeting of that size.

If you mean the GP Support: You've only got to look back at what happened last time the BTCC supported the BGP in 1995. The teams were hastily told to remove the flags from their transporters or cough up a sizeable fee; the TOCA Safety Car had to be secretly removed from the paddock or hidden from public view as it too carried unauthorised decals; and don't bother looking for any video or TV footage of the event, there isn't any. FOM own the rights to all TV coverage during a GP weekend, not just the F1 race, which means no coverage on ITV without a very sizeable fee (if at all). Commercially nothing have changed since then.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2628652)   #721
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If you mean the GP Support: You've only got to look back at what happened last time the BTCC supported the BGP in 1995. The teams were hastily told to remove the flags from their transporters or cough up a sizeable fee; the TOCA Safety Car had to be secretly removed from the paddock or hidden from public view as it too carried unauthorised decals; and don't bother looking for any video or TV footage of the event, there isn't any. FOM own the rights to all TV coverage during a GP weekend, not just the F1 race, which means no coverage on ITV without a very sizeable fee (if at all). Commercially nothing have changed since then.
Didn't have V8 Supercars similar problems few years ago?
It's really ridiculous.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2628674)   #722
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
So.....when will we get this mysterious "news" then?
Old 7 Feb 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2628725)   #723
emicen
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
emicen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With regards to the 'penalised for punting off' thing. I was recently couch bound due to illness, so got myself the 2009 season summary. Watched it back to back with my 95 season summary VHS cassette.

Incredible the difference in what is now considered acceptable contact!

Just checked the website and looks like Dreadnought have put a hold on the plan to race the ex-WSR MGZS in 2010. Cant help but wonder if it was too much money to plough in to something that would be obsolete with NGTC rules coming in to play in just 12 months.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2629177)   #724
bazzmch
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
bazzmch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Anglesey, Castle Combe or Goodwood would be nice.
what about mondello !!!!!!!!! it would be savege to have the btcc back there!

anglesea is also a savege track to race on the racing would be good there
Old 8 Feb 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2629254)   #725
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I like that. Perhaps to expand on the idea, they could give the SP cars a head start of one lap on the touring cars, meaning they could technically win a race outright, but not really. Then when the new rules kick in, then get rid of it and refuse to acknowledge that it actually existed?