Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Mar 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3038631)   #26
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A different angle:
Old 12 Mar 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3038722)   #27
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
Before:

After:
We must have been standing beside each other as I watched this too... however I was manually focusing a Nikon mount Sigma lens on a Pentax camera (via a adaptor) and went the wrong direction in the excitement. My pics are very blurry!

Posted this link in the historic section earlier.. some on my pics... http://photobucket.com/PhillipIsland2012
Old 12 Mar 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3038762)   #28
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I think it was a one-off drive.
The car is owned and driven by George Nittis from Sydney. Damon's name is on it because it used to be driven by him in the 80's that's all.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3039105)   #29
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody know the name of the Formula Ford driver involved in the big T1 crash with James Owen on Sunday. Cant get details from anyone.
Old 13 Mar 2012, 02:06 (Ref:3039135)   #30
Jacal
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Jacal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
InPitLane

I think this might answer your question.

according to the comments everyone ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWPESLsUfb8
Old 13 Mar 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3040160)   #31
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another crash from the weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxLDQm1V1Yo
Old 13 Mar 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3040630)   #32
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS79 View Post
Another crash from the weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxLDQm1V1Yo
Same crash different angle

http://youtu.be/TcPxDi9USGk

The Safety Car seen in the foreground at the start of the clip is running late getting off the track on the first lap and not coming in at the end of a Safety Car period.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 03:28 (Ref:3040730)   #33
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
The Safety Car seen in the foreground at the start of the clip is running late getting off the track on the first lap and not coming in at the end of a Safety Car period.
I sat up near there for awhile on Saturday and every race he waited until the lead cars where in a similar position. I was wondering if he'd get the call to move a bit earlier when the F5000's we on but no, waited until the cars were in a similar position. I imagine it's waiting there in case it needs to act as the safety car due to a start line bingle?
Old 14 Mar 2012, 06:00 (Ref:3040754)   #34
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgmonaro View Post
I sat up near there for awhile on Saturday and every race he waited until the lead cars where in a similar position. I was wondering if he'd get the call to move a bit earlier when the F5000's we on but no, waited until the cars were in a similar position. I imagine it's waiting there in case it needs to act as the safety car due to a start line bingle?
Standard situation @ PI, the usually get the move on when the cars are going over Lukey Heights.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3040777)   #35
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a great weekend. Shame there was so much carnage.

Also, a tad disappointing there were not more Group C Sportscars but you dont get lucky every year
Old 14 Mar 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3040876)   #36
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't have minded if there was the confidence to run the demo a bit harder. I would love to see both of Jones's cars get a little more angry, especially the Williams.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3041114)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
That Sierra was run by Graham Goode Racing for Sean Walker in the 1989 BTCC. Damon Hill had a one off guest drive in the Silverstone TT.
I was probably the 1 hour, 2 driver BTCC event at Donington in May that year. Several guest drivers were drafted into the regulars cars people like Damon, David Sears (latterly of Supernova GP2 ownership) Gary Brabham, may have been there, the late Will Hoy etc etc.

The same event a year earlier attacted the ETCC Grice/Percy Skyline GTS-R which was pretty mega for the BTCC at the time. And there was a great battle between it and the Rouse Sierra.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3041232)   #38
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
That Sierra was run by Graham Goode Racing for Sean Walker in the 1989 BTCC. Damon Hill had a one off guest drive in the Silverstone TT.
IIRC he also was the second driver in an enduro at Donington Park.

On the first clip of the Porsche, seriously unimpressed that someone way down the field passed between the rolled car and the wall, where marshals might have been. Poor show, whoever you are.

Last edited by Woolley; 15 Mar 2012 at 00:58.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3041522)   #39
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
It was probably the 1 hour, 2 driver BTCC event at Donington in May that year. Several guest drivers were drafted into the regulars cars people like Damon, David Sears (latterly of Supernova GP2 ownership) Gary Brabham, may have been there, the late Will Hoy etc etc.

The same event a year earlier attacted the ETCC Grice/Percy Skyline GTS-R which was pretty mega for the BTCC at the time. And there was a great battle between it and the Rouse Sierra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
IIRC he also was the second driver in an enduro at Donington Park.
You're both right. I've had it confirmed elsewhere, it was indeed the Donington 1 hour race where Damon Hill drove the car.
Old 17 Mar 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3042670)   #40
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Was a great weekend. Shame there was so much carnage.

Also, a tad disappointing there were not more Group C Sportscars but you dont get lucky every year
Wait till next year. Big Bangers Sportscars will be the feature category.
Shame the Argo didn't last but it will be at Historic Sandown and or Winton in August.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 06:06 (Ref:3152681)   #41
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Categories that can't be invited
Quote:
Due to the overwhelming popularity of Phillip Island over the past 5 years with entry levels in excess of 500 cars, it has become necessary to drop categories from the 'invited' list.

To be fair, the VHRR PI race committee has developed an ongoing list for the future so those affected will know whether or not they might expect an invitation.

However, it will be obvious that The Phillip Island Classic has built it's reputation on imported rare & exotic cars, eg, the Ferrari 500 this year and it is impossible to predict when and if any of that type of car may become available, so Groups J, K & L and Div 1 Regularity will always be invited should the need to accommodate the above arise.

So far the categories not invited have been:

2007 - Formula Ford - combined into Q&R Racing
2008 - Formula Ford & Q&R Racing
2009 - All categories invited
2010 - Formula Junior & Q&R Sports
2011 - Div 2 Regularity
2012 - M&O
And those not expected to be invited in future will be:
2013 - Group N up to 3000cc
2014 - Group Sc (amended 10/10/12 - 6.20pm)
2015 - Group N over 3000cc
2016 - C&A
2017 - Group Sa & Sb (amended 10/10/12 - 6.20pm)
F5000 are not invited as a group every 2nd year
Old 16 Oct 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3152762)   #42
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pathetic...just what are the VHRR up to...trying to turn a gathering of the faithful meeting that has been well supported for many years....into an elitist, money-grubbing "festival"
Old 17 Oct 2012, 02:05 (Ref:3153148)   #43
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would have thought Group N would have been the mainstay of historic racing over the years?

Not sure if that is what you are referring to specifically 275, but if so I agree wholeheartedly
Old 17 Oct 2012, 06:11 (Ref:3153196)   #44
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
Categories that can't be invited
but yet they run 2 groups of regularity,pathetic,glad i never bought another Brabham,that meeting runs at a profit,they should p........off regularity.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 06:12 (Ref:3153197)   #45
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Pathetic...just what are the VHRR up to...trying to turn a gathering of the faithful meeting that has been well supported for many years....into an elitist, money-grubbing "festival"
funny thing is once the current old man group go.....I'd say a new broom will come through and spend all the money
Old 17 Oct 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3153207)   #46
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
would have thought Group N would have been the mainstay of historic racing over the years?
This will surely annoy some Group N fans, but although they are all old cars, very few Group N cars actually have a racing history. I think this is just about the only category in the historic movement where this is the case?? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3153215)   #47
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
This will surely annoy some Group N fans, but although they are all old cars, very few Group N cars actually have a racing history. I think this is just about the only category in the historic movement where this is the case?? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Group S is the sports car equivalent of Group N. Few cars have period racing history and CofDs are not required. Perhaps Groups N & S should be renamed Classic instead of Historic?
Old 17 Oct 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3153216)   #48
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
but yet they run 2 groups of regularity,pathetic,glad i never bought another Brabham,that meeting runs at a profit,they should p........off regularity.
I suggested dropping regularity on the Group C forum and got shouted down.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3153227)   #49
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
What was the source of the info you posted please Bortall?
Old 17 Oct 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3153249)   #50
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
The VHRR forum

[link removed - links to other forums not permitted - please read the FAQ]

There is all kinds of info in regard to the PI Classic and the upcoming Sandown event.

Last edited by Woolley; 19 Oct 2012 at 12:37.