Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Sep 2012, 02:34 (Ref:3134547)   #51
MalcolmC
Racer

New Zealand
Down there a bit
MalcolmC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
Heard a good rumour today, Some teams were running Octane booster for the first race as it was common knowlage that the top 4 cars were to be weighed only due to time constraints after the first race (because of the 20 min turn-around for the second race).

What else could you change on the car in 20 min?
So were they relying on the Octane booster to be all flushed out with just one refill?
Old 12 Sep 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3134552)   #52
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Malcolm I thought that you would still have some residue in the tank on the next fill up. If you knew only the top 4 got weighed if you are 17 on the grid run a real light car and be happy finishing 5th or 6th.

Has anyone heard anything more on the 500km format. I hope they don't break it up into 3 races it will then just be a long sprint round. I would like it to be 2 races max with a fuel only safety car to keep the enduro feel.

Speaking of cheating some of the body panels in B&H days were made of interesting materials,

Last edited by flyingduck; 12 Sep 2012 at 03:16.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3134559)   #53
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmC View Post
So were they relying on the Octane booster to be all flushed out with just one refill?
I believe all the teams drain the tanks after every outing as there is no method of measuring the fuel used other than known qty in less qty out.

Other posters on here have stated that they drained the tank with 1 or 3 litres left from Race 1.

Add 120 litres of new fuel and whaterer was left stuck in the foam will be well dispersed.

Re the shocks, my source said that the #51 car ran with the "grey" set-up for both races and had documentation prepared for after the second race on stand-by. (Cant comment about the other car/cars).
Old 12 Sep 2012, 03:49 (Ref:3134562)   #54
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I believe all the teams drain the tanks after every outing as there is no method of measuring the fuel used other than known qty in less qty out.

Other posters on here have stated that they drained the tank with 1 or 3 litres left from Race 1.

Add 120 litres of new fuel and whaterer was left stuck in the foam will be well dispersed.

Re the shocks, my source said that the #51 car ran with the "grey" set-up for both races and had documentation prepared for after the second race on stand-by. (Cant comment about the other car/cars).
Thats exactly what i heard but am double checking from my source as speedwayracer44 got me a tad confused.........there was also the issue about an engine that had been dismantled without permission amongst the top two cars.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 04:03 (Ref:3134564)   #55
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the bet that Fuel Samples now get taken after each Puke race.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 04:39 (Ref:3134569)   #56
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should take (and keep) samples from all cars after all sessions (even if they're only testing 1 or 2 of them each time)...

Would certainly make you think twice about using tricky fuel no matter what inside information you had...
Old 12 Sep 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3134573)   #57
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post

Has anyone heard anything more on the 500km format. I hope they don't break it up into 3 races it will then just be a long sprint round. I would like it to be 2 races max with a fuel only safety car to keep the enduro feel.

sorry to disapoint you FD but she's gonna be 3x races (1x saturday and 2x sunday with the third race a little bit longer than the first two).
Old 12 Sep 2012, 05:37 (Ref:3134587)   #58
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Just my point though, it doesn't matter how level you try to make the palying field, there's always someone who will try to tip it...
you mean cheat?

there were cries from people spending thousands on swaybars, etc to be competitive. backed up people who wanted a class where the car wasn't the difference.. instead the driver and team were. costs would be kept down as everyone would be using the same off the shelf parts.. rather than spending money trying to reinvent the wheel.

so what happened? did people change their mind?
Old 12 Sep 2012, 06:49 (Ref:3134608)   #59
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You forget promax that those same people "cheating" before are all now racing in supertourers.
So in some ways, nothing has changed.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 07:25 (Ref:3134619)   #60
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
You forget promax that those same people "cheating" before are all now racing in supertourers.

I think you mean running supertourers, not racing.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3134620)   #61
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Touche
Old 12 Sep 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3134627)   #62
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
you mean cheat?
good luck using the 'C' word. last i heard there was no such thing as 'C'heating, is was classified as being competitive
Old 12 Sep 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3134632)   #63
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post

I've lived here for ten years and been racing for 20 and the SuperTourers are turning in some of the finest racing I have seen in NZ during my time here. When you get that bitter, you need to get out more mate!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3134633)   #64
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Me thinks you need to watch more racing then!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3134638)   #65
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Heard a good rumour today, Some teams were running Octane booster for the first race as it was common knowlage that the top 4 cars were to be weighed only due to time constraints after the first race (because of the 20 min turn-around for the second race).

What else could you change on the car in 20 min?
Pretty sure you need to adjust timing to gain an advantage from octane boost...
I believe this not able to be done without breaking into the ECU somehow.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3134656)   #66
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=onza;3134638]Pretty sure you need to adjust timing to gain an advantage from octane boost... QUOTE]

i was of the impression that timing adjustment was to make the MOST of octane enhancement ??
Old 12 Sep 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3134715)   #67
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Interesting choice of words, and I agree with the distinction you raise. My belief is one of the tops teams have been tweaking bars as well as the other stuff suggested on this forum. Oh well, this is motorsport isn't it?
Old 12 Sep 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3134748)   #68
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Interesting choice of words, and I agree with the distinction you raise. My belief is one of the tops teams have been tweaking bars as well as the other stuff suggested on this forum. Oh well, this is motorsport isn't it?
And re-powdercoating different grade springs.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3134967)   #69
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
are st too scared to take action.. just in case they might upset a team or two?
Old 12 Sep 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3135015)   #70
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
I think the answer lies in DX20VT's answer
Old 12 Sep 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3135091)   #71
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwayracer44 View Post
Harcey, I dont believe your comment re cheating is correct. Some leading competitors found a grey area and as a result a bulletin was issued before the race and those in question were re checked post race and had conformed to the ruling. This cleans up the grey area as we all are trying to find a competitive advantage and this bulletin also helped other teams to understand what the top guys were doing. In my opinion a good immediate outcome and this will also help close the field again. Better this than having the governing body go on a witch hunt and hold secret meetings in their hotels at night and determine how they will "Get Them" and create a rod for their own back and then protests and hearings and court drama etc etc because a rule wasnt written correctly in the first place. What you reckon?

I have also heard about the chicane to get the track over a minute. Have also heard about the amount of visits the track is getting from the hitler from the council re noise. I understand that there is a meter on the back straight and have heard second hand that some private residence that face the road back to the track from the hairpin area have their own noise meters as well. How on earth are V8SC going to adhere to 95? I am glad that V8ST are quiet and are under the 95 otherwise there may have been a stoppage of races by the green people of pukekohe.
You are correct on the noise police...I know they turned up at the track after a car had been out for only 3 laps within the last couple of weeks...So within 5 minutes on a Saturday council acted on a noise complaint...last time I made a noise complaint they didn't turn up at all!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 23:53 (Ref:3135101)   #72
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike View Post
You are correct on the noise police...I know they turned up at the track after a car had been out for only 3 laps within the last couple of weeks...So within 5 minutes on a Saturday council acted on a noise complaint...last time I made a noise complaint they didn't turn up at all!
FFS. People like these really **** me off. Why live next to a race track if your poor sensitive ears can't handle the noise. 99.99% of the time the track was there before they were.

Last edited by Woolley; 15 Sep 2012 at 14:12. Reason: Please do not avoid the autocensor
Old 12 Sep 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3135102)   #73
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
FFS. People like these really **** me off. Why live next to a race track if your poor sensitive ears can't handle the noise. 99.99% of the time the track was there before they were.
and between the track and relatively new subdivision is?....the main trunk line! I have been told there is one grumpy resident who routinely complains..

Last edited by Woolley; 15 Sep 2012 at 14:12.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3136585)   #74
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought this might have been posted already, arrived in my inbox this week, the 500 event format:

Saturday:

12:35 20 mins V8 SuperTourers Qualifying *

13:10 35 mins V8 SuperTourers Top 10 Shoot Out *

15.45 1 Hour 15 V8 SuperTourers Race One * 56 Laps (TBC)

Sunday:

9:20 20 mins V8 SuperTourers Qualifying *

9:50 35 mins V8 SuperTourers Top 10 Shoot Out *

12:05 1 Hour 20 V8 SuperTourers Race Two * 56 Laps (TBC)

14:35 1 Hour 30 V8 SuperTourers Race Three * 65 Laps (TBC)

* Note: Entrants will select which Driver qualifies. The Cars Entrant must nominate which Driver starts the Races 30 minutes after qualifying.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3137085)   #75
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike View Post
There is an internationally accepted test standard for road based decibel testing called the NORDTEST. The methodology used at Pukekohe is in conflict with this standard and the results produced are accordingly invalid.
There is full exposé of this in a past TACCOC magazine.