Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Oct 2018, 11:43 (Ref:3855407)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Porsche has a retro livery for their GTE cars at Petit:

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/p...petit-le-mans/

Looks good to me!
Old 8 Oct 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3855413)   #27
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best looking retro cars yet. But the last time the 911 GT1 raced at Petit, it flew down the back straight
Old 8 Oct 2018, 14:00 (Ref:3855435)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Best looking retro cars yet. But the last time the 911 GT1 raced at Petit, it flew down the back straight
That was my second when looking at the livery. After the BMW did the back flip, they shaved the hill down a little bit. Took a little fun out of bike racing
Old 8 Oct 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3855492)   #29
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One yes please more of that, and one "come here and kick this car again Deklan" for demo laps this year at Petit. Why not have a rolling Panoz pack as they did with the Abruzzi "roll-out" IMSA?
Old 8 Oct 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3855510)   #30
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone remember what the IMSA restriction is on new drivers and required night practice for Petit? Looks like any drivers who need to run at night could be in for some fun Thursday night and potentially a pontoon requiring session. For some reason I recall IMSA just requiring those who hadn't raced before or had no night practice time could not run "night laps" in the race. I'm not sure but that sticks in my mind and I couldn't find the 2018 SR referenced on the schedule.

Either way we could be in for some fun practice sessions on Thursday and sadly potentially the drives mentioned above being cancelled, from the schedule:

1:55 pm - 2:15 pm On-track historic car check (hot track)

Of course Racer has more complete information and they will be running race day, and for those of you in Europe a treat as well:

"The recently restored Panoz GTR-1, chassis #7 that raced at Le Mans in 1998 (pictured below) and is scheduled to race in the Le Mans Historic Masters in 2019, will run a pre-race lap alongside the “Stars and Stripes” DeltaWing Coupe DWC13-003 (pictured, top). The GTR-1 will be driven by Jan Magnussen, while Johnny O’Connell will be behind the wheel of the DeltaWing."

Last edited by broadrun96; 8 Oct 2018 at 19:26.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3855523)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Porsche has a retro livery for their GTE cars at Petit:

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/p...petit-le-mans/

Looks good to me!
Would look even better if it was the actual 911 GT1 '98 running around the race. But this is the next best thing
Old 8 Oct 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3855526)   #32
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
One yes please more of that, and one "come here and kick this car again Deklan" for demo laps this year at Petit. Why not have a rolling Panoz pack as they did with the Abruzzi "roll-out" IMSA?
That is fantastic! I can't wait to see the GT1 on track, one of my favorite cars off all time.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3855692)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
This isn't exactly new, but wanted to link to the BOP summary for this race:

https://racer.com/2018/10/08/imsa-co...petit-le-mans/

Main takehome is that the Acura DPi's get more boost.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3855734)   #34
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I like the Paul Miller Lambo color scheme. Never liked the red. That color just does not fit on a Lamborghini. Certain colors you can associate with certain makes now. For Lamborghini it is the lime green. So at least they got that trim going on with the black.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 04:26 (Ref:3855827)   #35
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last I heard it sounded like the storm was to blow through leaving a very nice weekend. Have there been any changes?
Old 10 Oct 2018, 06:18 (Ref:3855835)   #36
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
The last I heard it sounded like the storm was to blow through leaving a very nice weekend. Have there been any changes?
Current forecast suggests all the rain will hit today and tomorrow, and it will apparently be sunny, cloudless and with 0% chances of rain on Fri/Sat.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3855890)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, after it blows through a little east and south of the Road Atlanta, it's going to be a beautiful weekend.

I'm unfortunately east and south of Road Atlanta so hoping there's no repeat of Irma last year and I can get out of town once everything clears out mid day Thursday.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3855922)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Ahead of hurricane Michael, just about the only place it's raining in Georgia is at Road Atlanta. It's a soupy mess but they still have some green sessions with all the WeatherTech team haulers currently arriving.

Everybody coming in today drive safe and batten down the hatches tonight!
Old 10 Oct 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3855950)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Ahead of hurricane Michael, just about the only place it's raining in Georgia is at Road Atlanta. It's a soupy mess but they still have some green sessions with all the WeatherTech team haulers currently arriving.

Everybody coming in today drive safe and batten down the hatches tonight!
I don't know how to batten things, but luckily my tent has zippers
Old 10 Oct 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3855974)   #40
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If anyone has an hour to kill, Marshall Pruett caught up with Allan McNish about PLM '08:

https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/e...petit-le-mans/
Old 10 Oct 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3855983)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I don't know how to batten things, but luckily my tent has zippers
Close enough!

Areas just south and east of Jackson and Hall Counties are now under a state of emergency. Tornado watch until 2AM for Athens-Clarke County. Hopefully all that stuff misses the track and me! There were already tons of people there when I left late morning.
Old 11 Oct 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3856089)   #42
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Close enough!

Areas just south and east of Jackson and Hall Counties are now under a state of emergency. Tornado watch until 2AM for Athens-Clarke County. Hopefully all that stuff misses the track and me! There were already tons of people there when I left late morning.
Instead of naming counties, for those very few of us that haven't a clue what they mean in regard to RA, how about just giving us an idea how far and what directions it is from the circuit.

Anywho, try to stay earthbound and dry.....

jimclark
Old 11 Oct 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3856102)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Instead of naming counties, for those very few of us that haven't a clue what they mean in regard to RA, how about just giving us an idea how far and what directions it is from the circuit.

Anywho, try to stay earthbound and dry.....
https://www.google.com/search?q=jack...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 11 Oct 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3856117)   #44
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
From 1998 Petit Le Mans qualifying times:

Porsche GT1 98: 1:13.7
Porsche GT1 (champion): 1:16.3
Panoz GTR1: 1:16.9

The GT1 98 would fit just behind the DPI grid today. The Champion car and hte Panoz are still faster than the GTLMs.
Old 11 Oct 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3856121)   #45
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
'Been doing that and Weather Chanel but I thought you were "on location" reportin' for us.

jimclark
Old 11 Oct 2018, 13:40 (Ref:3856123)   #46
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
If anyone has an hour to kill, Marshall Pruett caught up with Allan McNish about PLM '08:

https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/e...petit-le-mans/
Thanks!!! That was great. I had never heard these stories and I was feet away from them when they were occurring.

I flipped through the photos I had taken of the action happening while listening to Marshall's interview of McNish. Great stuff!

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/p...mans_2008.html
Old 11 Oct 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3856133)   #47
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Session 1 is in the books with little drama. Track was pretty green after the rain last night, but getting rubbered in with the support series as we speak.

The panoz display is pretty nice in the paddock
Old 11 Oct 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3856166)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Helio waiting to go out for P2.
Old 11 Oct 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3856167)   #49
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Paul Miller stole the Magnus livery this weekend

Old 12 Oct 2018, 01:02 (Ref:3856179)   #50
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Apparently there were live feeds from practice sessions (just stationary camera).

https://www.facebook.com/pg/IMSA/videos/