Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Nov 2000, 06:33 (Ref:49282)   #26
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David, maybe the problem was the way you entered this particular forum with the line " this would have to be the dumbest topic I have ever seen".Could I suggest you read " How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.
Well worth the effort. But hey, I like exchanging ideas with you and find it very entertaining.You are hilarious.

Hey, Mt Panarama, what about a report on your weekend and the activites you got up to on the Mount.Did Mork have any pit girls? Were they old broilers or classy looking babes.
How did your gumboots last the distance etc etc etc You know, interesting stuff for the intelligent contributors who frequent this site!!!
And Mr Moffatt, well done as the grand marshall and did you remind Brocky of the time you drove for him on the condition you weren't doing Bathurst that year, then entered anyway. As one Ford fan to another, I love your style.

Old 21 Nov 2000, 08:47 (Ref:49290)   #27
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Jones

And you know there's something happin' here but you don't understand, sorry couldn't resist!

Yes the polariser! It was rather underhand of me but Peter deserved worse. I just wanted to see if the titanium conrods were real or not. If memory serves me right that was a VK Commodore, but by then I was getting on in years, past my prime and driving Mazdas. It doesn't really hurt if you say it fast enough and long enough.

You did OK in the Toll Express car AJ, really, 5th place. And you now one of the Morkies (once a year drivers).

Regards

Allan
Old 21 Nov 2000, 09:05 (Ref:49292)   #28
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think I've been misunderstood by you and maybe one or two other newcomers

Dear David

Firstly, about this being the stupidest post etc etc. You make comment that anybody who would assert that any professional driver would hurt themselves is a moron (or words to that effect) yet your comments within another forum topic suggest just this scenario.

Secondly, as for us new comers etc etc. I didn't realise the party was full, or that it was private club that was afraid of new views and expressions. If this is the case then don't welcome newcomers, tell them to go away. It saves on confusion.

There I feel better now!

Old 21 Nov 2000, 22:40 (Ref:49390)   #29
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't believe I have to explain myself again, but hey here goes. This isn't a private club and the party isn't full, newcomers are welcome, we do ask however that they don't insult old hands or suggest that they go somewhere else.

My post re Jim Richards at Bathurst '92 wasn't meant to be an assertion, merely a discussion starter. It was suggested to me that when Freddo knew the car was out of the race, he got on the radio to Richo and told him to do what it takes to bring out a red flag! I was curious to know what you guys thought of this possibility. Everyone I have spoken to said no way, impossible, it wouldn't happen. So there you go.

One more point to consider though, winning Bathurst is a much bigger issue than making some sort of statement of grievance against a team you are leaving. Would it be enough to tip the scales?
Old 23 Nov 2000, 02:39 (Ref:49582)   #30
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AJ,
It has taken me a while to get on the net, something about a broken cable under the sea,were Plato and Muller anywhere near there on there way home?
Had a good dry spot to watch from. Mates have a tyre business and had the truck paked over near the Ingall woops,dummy grid. Stood in the back looking out onto the bottom of conrod & could also see a bit of mountain straight & had the telly on in the back.
Went up saturday after work & watched gtp & wandered the paddock area .Stayed relativly clean & dry. Didnt see any girls around the Mork garage area, but the team all had matching t shirts this year. Got poked in the face by an idiot holden supporter carrying an uburella while wearing an acubra hat & a drizabone.
Looked in on your falcon as I know one of your crew.Not a bad effort for the weekend.
Sunday was the easiest it ever was to get into the mount. no parking at the track so ijust drove staight up to the gate at 9.45 and drove around to the inside of the chase and watched the first laps there. Went for a wqander thru thi pits, watched a while at murrys & hell corners &then went back home & had a few drinks and watched the rest on tele. Couldnt be bothered getting any wetter when I could be sitting at home in the dry.