Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Nov 2019, 07:11 (Ref:3941888)   #376
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
E.B, what is the "link" between the huge engine modifications and this kind of award? Anyway, nice story, thanks!
Old 21 Nov 2019, 07:11 (Ref:3941889)   #377
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few scraps from the 2006 Revival;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8169.JPG   IMG_8180.JPG   IMG_8242.JPG  

IMG_8440.JPG   IMG_8268.JPG   IMG_8338.JPG  

Old 21 Nov 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3941891)   #378
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Question for rbs. Pic #1 is it a Colli, a Giorgietti, an Introzzi or a Grazia? Why a sunroof? How should I call it: Giardiniera, Giardinetta, Station Wagon, Furgonato, Familiale transformatata, Promiscua?
Old 21 Nov 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3941894)   #379
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Memories are made of this, what was your second attempt, Viv?
My second car was a Ford Corsair 1500 which was also green. Another similarity with the Standard was that was declared too infested with tin worm so also didn't make it onto the road...
Old 21 Nov 2019, 08:19 (Ref:3941898)   #380
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
E.B, what is the "link" between the huge engine modifications and this kind of award? Anyway, nice story, thanks!
Goodwood regs/Goodwood award? Best 'legal' cheater? Who knows.
The article from which I got the info said capacities 20% over standard are legal for the event. Others here will have more knowledge than I as to whether this is true or not. Im just the messenger!

Maybe this article (another one, not where I sourced the info) will be of interest. It tells the same story, and covers the engine mods in detail, but is told prior to the event at the shake down test held before the car was shipped to Goodwood.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/features...ocks-fx-holden

I know the car also featured at the 10th anniversary of Brocky's passing at Bathurst in 2016.

FWIW i'm sure it is a resto mod rather than a genuine or even restored race car.

Oh, and Ian Tate used to do my Cortina engine freshen ups! He is now retired but keeps busy as a very active President of our VHRR.(Victorian Historic Racing Register)
https://vhrr.com/wp/
Old 21 Nov 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3941900)   #381
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gerard, the St Mary’s Trophy at Goodwood Revival is not FiA, hence the capacity ‘flexibility’.

Try the same in the TT (for instance), and questions would soon be asked!
Old 21 Nov 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3941904)   #382
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike as an average spectator, I've always enjoyed the free streamings of GW. May be an anorak will be upset seeing a rather modest A35 challenging a Jag' but TBH, I really dont care. I just see good racing, high driving standards and people having fun while driving and spectating.

The question to E.B was teasing only! I would like to see him racing again whatever the series, car and outside temp! May be one day, who knows… From his Cortina pics, he wasn't slow…
Old 21 Nov 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3941910)   #383
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Along with the 'roo on the door and the name on the bonnet (Though I admit that is a little tricky to read in isolation from any other visual clues.)

Not to mention his trademark '05' race number.

The 05 stems from the mid seventies when Brock was doing promos etc supporting the campaign against drink driving, and the newly introduced breathalysers, the legal limit here being .05% (.05 g/100 ml blood)limit in Victoria, his home state. He continued to use 05 throughout his career, and it was on the Daytona he died in at the Targa West rally..
Old 21 Nov 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3941953)   #384
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another batch of 500's for Stuart to put us right on;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1388.JPG   IMG_1418.JPG   IMG_1422.JPG  

IMG_1426.JPG   IMG_1430.JPG   IMG_1457.JPG  

Old 21 Nov 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3941969)   #385
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The legend could be "not all french cars are blue"…*Technically they are so close to perfection that some should be used as example in any respectable photograph school. Seriously.

Sooooooo, back to the Giulia now, gents! Nobody to play with Promiscua? C'on Richard, Alfaholics and others, where are you??? Fussies!
Old 21 Nov 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3941975)   #386
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mais au fait, Monseigneur E.B, I remember your knowledge about Alfas goes far beyond the six cylinder models. Donc, un break Giulia devrait vous inspirer, n'est-ce pas? What about the rear door, Simca P60 style or not?
Old 21 Nov 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3941986)   #387
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
The legend could be "not all french cars are blue"…*Technically they are so close to perfection that some should be used as example in any respectable photograph school. Seriously.

Sooooooo, back to the Giulia now, gents! Nobody to play with Promiscua? C'on Richard, Alfaholics and others, where are you??? Fussies!
One of the blue cars is French, Mon Ami. I'm sure Stuart will point out which one it is.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3941989)   #388
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha ben zut alors! Obviously not a Debuire… Térigi?
In good french "I give the cat my tongue" meaning I'm drawing a blank…

Last edited by Gerard C; 21 Nov 2019 at 19:13.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3941996)   #389
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post 384
Pic 1 Pat Barford - Arnott
Pic 2 Simon Frost - Martin
Pic 3 JB Jones - Cosy Mk 2 ( This is the French one albeit with a British Triumph engine)
Pic 4 Charlie Rampal - Panhard DB
Pic 5 Roy Hunt - Martin
Pic 6 Xavier Kingsland - Staride, Shirley Monro - Cooper Mk 4, Fred Walmsley - Cooper Mk7

Stuart
Old 22 Nov 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3942106)   #390
bauble
Veteran

England
A bit of Vintage from Donington and some interesting machinery;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0063.JPG   _MG_0066.JPG   _MG_0075.JPG  

_MG_0106.JPG   _MG_0104.JPG   _MG_0149.JPG  

Old 22 Nov 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3942111)   #391
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thank you, Stuart. Never heard about the Cosy though. Wasn't the Térigi moved by a Triumph Tiger 100 Grand Prix too? They look tiny and very light, from a Rampal's article I read the weights were from 175 kilos -Arengo- to 320 kilos -Debuire-. Which can make the driver to be the heaviest element sometimes…*
Old 22 Nov 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3942193)   #392
bauble
Veteran

England
Another hotch potch of images, picked at random from the archives, but they do say variety is the spice of life;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7392.JPG   IMG_5032.JPG   IMG_5864.JPG  

IMG_4845.JPG   IMG_6503.JPG   IMG_8325.JPG  

Old 23 Nov 2019, 07:00 (Ref:3942275)   #393
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
On my screen at least the Semi Lightweight color looks strange. Talking about this model I've someone around considering widening the rear wheel arches and finding more brake power on his…*Lets call that l'effet Ricard!!!
Old 23 Nov 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3942312)   #394
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Great colour scheme on the Lotus! Not the most familiar....

Lotus 80?
Old 23 Nov 2019, 11:37 (Ref:3942317)   #395
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
79? Or a Tamiya… With Bob, you must be prepared to this kind of thing!!
Old 23 Nov 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3942320)   #396
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
79? Or a Tamiya… With Bob, you must be prepared to this kind of thing!!
No, definitely a Lotus 80. Nose is wider, and rear wing etc different. Also, 79 was usually JPS colours. Think this car campaigned in modern times by Sid Hoole.
Old 23 Nov 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3942336)   #397
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Another nice picture. Your avatar…
Old 23 Nov 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3942342)   #398
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Another nice picture. Your avatar…
As this is bauble’s thread, I won’t ask for the car to be identified. (But it’s sitting in my workshop... )
Old 23 Nov 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3942350)   #399
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Did not succeed in having it larger on my screen but surprised you have a LHD racing car. Are the rear air scoops a clue?
Old 23 Nov 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3942352)   #400
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
She looks nice. For the engine I guess a 2 litre from your area? Not the one of the usuals suspect like Lola, Chevron, Cheetah, GRD, GRAC, Tecma. Please rbs…………