Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 May 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3731347)   #1
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
New gadgets for 2017

this will be my new gadget for 2017

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8223511&type=3
Old 6 May 2017, 09:38 (Ref:3731439)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
this will be my new gadget for 2017

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8223511&type=3
Maybe we all need to buy these like Kenn - just to ensure we get perfect weather.
Old 6 May 2017, 12:42 (Ref:3731477)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I've seen those too. No need for them though, wall to wall sunshine this year.
Old 6 May 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3731510)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, I've seen those too. No need for them though, wall to wall sunshine this year.
Ayse, I think you are missing the point of them... It is to protect you from all the sun!
Old 7 May 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3731920)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah! Now I get it!
Old 7 May 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3732029)   #6
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
A 20100 mAh battery bank to keep my phone relatively charged all week.
Old 7 May 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3732039)   #7
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
A 20100 mAh battery bank to keep my phone relatively charged all week.
We will most likely have decent power at the camp site Victor
Old 8 May 2017, 06:23 (Ref:3732134)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Been looking at buying either a folding camp bed, to replace the blow up versions, or a new gazebo (coleman event shelter) still have a month and a bit to decide
Old 8 May 2017, 08:08 (Ref:3732152)   #9
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Been looking at buying either a folding camp bed, to replace the blow up versions, or a new gazebo (coleman event shelter) still have a month and a bit to decide
Those blow up beds are awful. The self inflating mattresses are much better, even the thin ones.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/search/s...sleeping%20mat
Old 8 May 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3732160)   #10
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Those blow up beds are awful. The self inflating mattresses are much better, even the thin ones.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/search/s...sleeping%20mat
I agree with Mike, modern blow up mattresses are useless, do not hold in the air so need pumping up every day. I have a self inflating mat and find it very comfortable, much more so than I expected.

When camping with she who must be obeyed we use a lilo, but it is an original, over 25 years old, heavy duty rubber and material one which is still going strong. Shame you cannot get them like that any more.

Sean
Old 8 May 2017, 10:01 (Ref:3732177)   #11
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
...modern blow up mattresses are useless, do not hold in the air so need pumping up every day. I have a self inflating mat and find it very comfortable, much more so than I expected....
I also agree. The other issue with airbeds, especially if you only use them once or twice a year, is they go brittle when stored (not helped because you'll have folded them up as tight as possible to save space in the cupboard) so don't hold air at all when next inflated. I was buying a new one every year pretty much.

I now have a self inflating mat, only a cheap one from Decathlon and it is nearly as comfortable and unlikely to go wrong.

I borrowed a fancy lightweight unpadded mat on a recent trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and was surprised at how comfortable that was (and how small it folded up), but they are properly expensive and probably not worth the price for a single car supported camping trip a year.
Old 8 May 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3732202)   #12
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A second radio so I don't have to keep giving mine to my son!
Old 8 May 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3732237)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
My Swedish Mistress

Last edited by vincegail; 8 May 2017 at 14:57.
Old 8 May 2017, 16:21 (Ref:3732262)   #14
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
My Swedish Mistress

Throw the mattress in the back of that one and you don't need to pack a tent!
Old 8 May 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3732266)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Looks like the one we saw abandoned outside the racing hotel on saturday
Hope you had a good trip home, see you in 4 weeks
Old 8 May 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3732300)   #16
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Looks like the one we saw abandoned outside the racing hotel on saturday
Parked!
Old 11 May 2017, 07:17 (Ref:3732761)   #17
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As you will recall from my stay with you guys I rave over the camp bed - I couldn't do Le Mans without one now. The only problem is finding a tent big enough to fit it - the one I bought before has gone and they have stopped making it now for some reason...
Old 11 May 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3732765)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well change of plan, my radio ear defender stopped working at spa so thought it was just batteries but seems that was not the problem, looked at the wires and all seems ok but no luck. Tried clas olsen were i got them and prices now at least three times what i paid 3 years ago (£13 quid) so searching around for a reasonably replacement. Looks like £50 or £60 quid, so might have to stick with the blow up bed
Old 11 May 2017, 08:03 (Ref:3732767)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My new piece of kit is a 64Gb Ravpower memory stick for my iPhone. I finally realised that my iPhone takes better video than my old video camera and this gizmo allows me to store loads on the stick and then transfer it to my laptop at the end of each day. Very easy to use....
Old 20 May 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3734679)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
new hat just purchased so that moth eaten old straw hat can be sent to the great compost heap in the sky
Old 20 May 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3734708)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
How will we spot you now???
Old 20 May 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3734709)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
from M and S just like the old one but a darker brown, and still the silly looking white haired englishman beneath it
Old 22 May 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3735229)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7557741.html

this will be handy but for those getting there before 15th remember to keep roaming off before 15th or bill might be quite expensive
Old 22 May 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3735231)   #24
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I've already got a separate roaming data package for those two days.
Old 22 May 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3735318)   #25
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7557741.html

this will be handy but for those getting there before 15th remember to keep roaming off before 15th or bill might be quite expensive
Simon, you're an absolute star, I had no idea about this, so thanks for the heads up mate!

Worth checking with individual providers if you're arriving before the 15th. I called mine this morning to be told that they're lifting their roaming charges on the 5th June, so I'm sorted for the whole time I'm there.