Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 26 Mar 2004, 10:00 (Ref:919922)   #1
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Steam (Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics)

Any of the HL/CS players most probably know what i'm talking about...
Yes, this is another rant like my previous one against EA Sports and Codemasters et al.

But this one really get's on my nerves, and way beyond.
Here i am, payed $30 for a HL Generation 3 pack just to find out that this new gadget of Valve downloads stuff without asking for permission, or even acknowledging my existance.
All "fine and well" so i just get it over with and also come to the "pleasant" conclusion that CS no longer has a LAN network play feature anymore...

Okay, *happy thoughts, happy thoughts* but then to consequently stumble on the fact that i can't play my game that i payed with my hard earned cash 90% of the time just because this piece of **** program can't ****ing connect to whatever the **** it's supposed to ****ing connect to is TOO MUCH FOR ME TO ****ING TAKE!!

And not a single Valve/Steam representative even bothers to offer tech support on their tech support website to ANY ****ing problem!

Breathe in, breathe out..
Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean... *sighs*

Okay i'm relatively calm now so i'll just ask, uhm... should i move on to another game just for my blood pressure's sake? I might go crazy, go out and start shooting people if this goes on for an uncertain amount of time longer... (well, not really but you get the picture, right?)
Old 26 Mar 2004, 10:10 (Ref:919932)   #2
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*Breathe*, OK, thats better.

Get another game. It will do wonders for your blood pressure.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 13:11 (Ref:920072)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry mate, this is gibberish to me.......
Old 26 Mar 2004, 13:21 (Ref:920083)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Look, i just went downstairs to fetch a cup of tea to notice when i come back that i just missed my one and seemingly only chance to play my game.

This is the Steam Network Monitor.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 13:22 (Ref:920086)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

A picture would have been better, eh?
Attached Thumbnails
untitled-1.psd.jpg  
Old 26 Mar 2004, 21:36 (Ref:920562)   #6
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my steam cannot connect or ctds while loading. ive moved on to raven shield/athena sword though. no more idoits jumping around and no awp wh0res

Last edited by Es Nes; 26 Mar 2004 at 21:37.
Old 27 Mar 2004, 01:31 (Ref:920778)   #7
Es Nes
Veteran

http://www.csnation.net/content/sotd.php?id=4647 :up
Old 1 Apr 2004, 06:05 (Ref:925994)   #8
SandeepBanerjee
Rookie

SandeepBanerjee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I, too, have given up on CS after this 'Steam'ing pile of **** became compulsory. I miss it, sure...but think of all the headaches I've avoided. I play only Wolf:ET and the demo of UT2k4 now...thinking of buying BF:V soon, but no cash for it. I can't seem to hold on to my money, lol.
Old 17 Apr 2004, 20:36 (Ref:942836)   #9
Es Nes
Veteran

hm ... for whatever reason, i decided to see if an uninstall/reinstall will work ... needed to make a new accout and blah blah blah ...
Old 17 Apr 2004, 20:37 (Ref:942837)   #10
Es Nes
Veteran

**** ... i need to find away to get my old account info ...
Old 17 Apr 2004, 22:50 (Ref:942920)   #11
Es Nes
Veteran

there we go ... custom skins in already too ... i forgot how much i |33+ sux0ur5 lol