Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Oct 2012, 11:09 (Ref:3149340)   #1
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
They have bumper cameras and cams on the drivers, and sometimes cams on the drivers pedals too.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 11:09 (Ref:3149341)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netten Lingren View Post
Why don't ITV have the in car cameras that were so fantastic in the coverage during the super touring era?

I used to LOVE watching from on board! It's a shame!

Any reasons why?
I think it's down to the lack of a suitable location.
The ideal position for getting in-car footage is taken by the TOCA stewards camera, meaning ITV have to be a bit more creative with the location of additional cameras.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3149343)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
There is plenty of space though inside the car. Even during the supertouring days the positions of the cameras were never fixed for all seasons. I remember some cam shots from the 1998 review where the camera was facing forward, but also slightly to the left so you could see in front of the car and out of the side window and the driver all in shot. The positions of the onboards have been terrible for a few years now. I don't get the arguement that the stewards camera takes the most ideal spot, the camera is tiny, there is loads of room on that roll bar.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3149649)   #4
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its easy to record the footage, then edit it and use in a later broadcast. Live transmission is more costly and much more unreliable at this level of motorsport, hence why we only have a few onboards these days.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3149676)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Its easy to record the footage, then edit it and use in a later broadcast. Live transmission is more costly and much more unreliable at this level of motorsport, hence why we only have a few onboards these days.
Bathurst Supertouring cameras were always superb and they were broadcast live. The cameras even spun right around too...
Old 11 Oct 2012, 01:05 (Ref:3149697)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Naturally. Channel 7 were pioneers of Racecam, and took it to some impressive levels along the way.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3149799)   #7
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The first post dissappeared?
Old 11 Oct 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3149821)   #8
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As have all of that poster's posts (and there were quite a lot yesterday).

Anyway, back on topic... what *was* the topic again?
Old 11 Oct 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3149973)   #9
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On a related note, it's a shame that TOCA don't allow teams to film and use their own footage of weekends. It's allowed in the WTCC, STCC, Clio Cup etc. Why not let teams make the best use of the internet and social media, by letting them compile their own video reviews of the weekend? Somebody asked Alan Gow this on his forum and he skirted round the issue, saying they are allowed to use off-track footage. That's no good!
Old 11 Oct 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3149976)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
On a related note, it's a shame that TOCA don't allow teams to film and use their own footage of weekends. It's allowed in the WTCC, STCC, Clio Cup etc. Why not let teams make the best use of the internet and social media, by letting them compile their own video reviews of the weekend? Somebody asked Alan Gow this on his forum and he skirted round the issue, saying they are allowed to use off-track footage. That's no good!
I would imagine some of this is down to the agreement between TOCA and ITV.
I expect ITV are fairly strict on the rights for on-track footage.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3149992)   #11
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I would imagine some of this is down to the agreement between TOCA and ITV.
I expect ITV are fairly strict on the rights for on-track footage.
Probably because the footage on a £200 GoPro from a team would be better than anything they churn out........
Old 11 Oct 2012, 23:27 (Ref:3150188)   #12
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame we dont see this more often

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCVYt8x5f_k