Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2871220)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
What about Road America! Or Laguna Seca, just for a laugh.
Nice idea but Tilke would ruin both those tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Replace Bahrain with a round at Buenos Aires
I've always wanted to see F1 return to Buenos Aires.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2871398)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 28 Apr 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2871427)   #28
vintage
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cheshire
vintage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain

Bernie will do what ever he wants but with one thing in mind MONEY that is all he ever thinks of. On a lighter note I was made happy and rewarded for all the years I have done in motor sport. I walked into the awning of the driver from Finland in the FF at Oulton Park last weekend. I said good day to the mechanics in Finnish at the back were 2 other guys and one kept looking at me I said good day to them and then 1 guy asked me to come over he looked at me again and then said I thought it was you, you were at the FF Festival in 1986 when I was racing and you came at night and drank with us and that was with JJ Letto and other drivers who I have forgotten as you can imagine I was made up I had some happy memories of doing the Festival and that was over 13 yrs. After as I said good bye to then in the Ford awning a guy was looking at me so I told him the story of how we met, he thought it was great,and so I came out with a nice new Ford Motor sport cap I hope I have not bored you with my story but there must be other marshals with stories to tell.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2871437)   #29
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie will do what is best for Bernie, a petition won't make an ounce of difference.

However if for some reason it ends up cancelled then we will be one race down for the season. They simply couldn't accommodate another venue.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 00:27 (Ref:2871601)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And frankly, if the fans actually cared about political oppression there'd have been bleating about other GP before now.

Here is the issue, plain and simple, thank you Adam..

Education what a wonderful concept...
Old 29 Apr 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2871687)   #31
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Indeed.

In fact it's difficult to think of anywhere where there isn't a group people being oppressed by another group of people, one way or another, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2871693)   #32
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
F1 isn't going back there. It's got a bad image of instability and that kind of image lingers. They don't mind repression on its own but instability and repression? They'll not bother with that. It's bad for business. They go to China because it's good for business not to snub a market of nearly a billion people.

BCE is living on cloud-cuckoo land if he thinks F1 is going back to Bahrain. The sponsors except the Bahraini sponsors won't hear of it.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2871702)   #33
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Bernie gives Bahrain more time.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90969

Not one to give up is Bernie.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2871710)   #34
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahraini ambassador to London is in the news:

Bahrain 'torture service' official to attend royal wedding
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ap...-royal-wedding
Old 2 May 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2873122)   #35
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Bahrain GP organizers have until June to decide possibility of an F1 race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91083
Old 2 May 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2873133)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Bernie gives Bahrain more time.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90969

Not one to give up is Bernie.
Not while there is potential profit. I'm sure a number of the Ferengi Rules of Aquisition could be applied to Bernie.
Old 2 May 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2873137)   #37
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is F1 desperate or is there something else behind the scenes driving this.

It's getting worse with each passing deadline
Old 2 May 2011, 20:20 (Ref:2873147)   #38
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just wish FIA would just make up its mind!
Old 2 May 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2873153)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
I just wish FIA would just make up its mind!
I just wish FIA would cancel it.
Old 2 May 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2873228)   #40
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
It's not really for the FIA to cancel. If you remember back to the original decision to cancel the race, the FIA merely backed the decision that FOM and the crown prince had taken.
Old 2 May 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2873229)   #41
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Not while there is potential profit. I'm sure a number of the Ferengi Rules of Aquisition could be applied to Bernie.
Thank for that I had never heard of the Ferengi Rules before!

Seems to embrace the core values of modern business!

For the uninitiated:
http://blogspot.fluidnewmedia.com/20...of-aquisition/
Old 2 May 2011, 23:29 (Ref:2873244)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Thank for that I had never heard of the Ferengi Rules before!
Watch Star Trek: Deep Space 9.
Old 3 May 2011, 05:11 (Ref:2873288)   #43
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The FIA will not cancel it until it becomes clear that the Bharaini's themselves realise it cant be held. It is much better to let the truth dawn on them than trying to force the issue.

As for the petition, I will not be signing it.
Old 3 May 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2873572)   #44
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the argument of F1 losing 40 million. That is a chunk but a ittance to all involved and they can recover that at any circuit available with tv rights etc...
Leave it alone now- this race had a loud disapproval to begin with they built the most bland track and facility possible and still did it. YAS marina in the area at least looks cool.
Old 3 May 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2873786)   #45
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Watch Star Trek: Deep Space 9.

Thanks - on it!
Old 3 May 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2873787)   #46
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
I like the argument of F1 losing 40 million. That is a chunk but a ittance to all involved and they can recover that at any circuit available with tv rights etc...
Leave it alone now- this race had a loud disapproval to begin with they built the most bland track and facility possible and still did it. YAS marina in the area at least looks cool.

Thanks to their expensive advisers .....
Who were they again?
Old 7 May 2011, 13:55 (Ref:2876004)   #47
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Bahrain GP back on again?!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91203
Old 7 May 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2876496)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Will we ever hear the end of this?