Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Apr 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2870844)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Perhaps a nice elephant grey. With a trunk.

Don't forget the ears.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2870919)   #27
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Actually, I quite like some of Vettel's lids. The Finns, Kobayashi, Heidfeld, Button, and Schumacher have some quality lids. The rest look like someone puked day-glo colors on it, and sent them off. Personally, the "new guard" of American drivers and the Australasian IndyCar drivers have absolute top quality lids.
Thats probably because they are painted by the same person\company that does lewis's
Old 28 Apr 2011, 04:58 (Ref:2871009)   #28
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is probably the best lid I've ever seen.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 Apr 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2871073)   #29
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

Because it's yellow?
We know it's yellow because it helped his father spot him more easily in races when he was karting. Not so difficult to spot now.

It's a nice distinctive design, but nothing special.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2871260)   #30
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I was the same, but with Damon Hill's - now that was a fantastic helmet design, one with history and meaning. I hate Vettel's habit of changing his design every race or two. And none of them even look good!

(On the original topic, I prefer Lewis's helmet to his brother's.)
Josh Hill carries on his father and grandfather's design.

Old 28 Apr 2011, 16:38 (Ref:2871284)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems the universal standard nowadays, when copying a design, is to make it blue. How strange.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2871531)   #32
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Excuse my pedantry, but the colours of the London Rowing Club, which Graham Hill's original helmet design was based on, are actually dark blue with white tabs, so blue is precisely right for Josh Hill's helmet.

(Okay, fit of nitpicking over.)
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 Apr 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2871540)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I agree. I don't really have an interest in helmets anymore. This may because they're all a bit garish and cluttered nowadays, or because I've just grown out of it - I used to draw Mansell and Senna's lids all over my schoolbooks.
I liked Mika's as well. Very distinctive.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2871587)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
Excuse my pedantry, but the colours of the London Rowing Club, which Graham Hill's original helmet design was based on, are actually dark blue with white tabs, so blue is precisely right for Josh Hill's helmet.

(Okay, fit of nitpicking over.)
I thought it was a really dark blue, almost black? I confess I am not so sure. And the light is probably exaggerating that in the photos.

It is still a class helmet all the same.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2871724)   #35
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Vettel is by far the worst as he has this thing where he changes the design every week, seemingly getting progressively worse with each iteration.
I personally thought that the helmet he wore when he won the title was great.
Attached Thumbnails
Vettel-Helmet-Abu-Dhabi.jpg  
Old 29 Apr 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2871888)   #36
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Well at least that one isn't designed like a can of Red Bull.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 29 Apr 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2871926)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I thought that was the worst of the lot!
Old 29 Apr 2011, 22:55 (Ref:2871928)   #38
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont like the yellow helmet much at all, so I'd have to go for the blue one
Old 29 Apr 2011, 23:46 (Ref:2871932)   #39
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nick Hamilton's helmet reminds me somehow this of Jarno Trulli. Mostly with that blue background.
Old 1 May 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2872217)   #40
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the most pointless thread i've ever read on ten-tenths. First off, who cares? Second, it doesn't matter.

Lewis designed Nick's helmet, but he just swapped the yellow and blue around. And thats it. Really, thats it.
Old 1 May 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2872390)   #41
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
This is the most pointless thread i've ever read on ten-tenths. First off, who cares? Second, it doesn't matter.

Lewis designed Nick's helmet, but he just swapped the yellow and blue around. And thats it. Really, thats it.
First off, you obviously care enough to post on this thread, and secondly it matters so much that the thread has reached the 40+ post mark.
Old 1 May 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2872417)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
First off, you obviously care enough to post on this thread, and secondly it matters so much that the thread has reached the 40+ post mark.
It certainly seems to be the most popular thread at the moment.
Old 1 May 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2872434)   #43
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's one of those threads that make me long for the next race.
Old 6 May 2011, 01:21 (Ref:2875073)   #44
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The usual it's not as good as yesterday drivel.
Old 7 May 2011, 08:57 (Ref:2875720)   #45
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Used to be easy to have a mental picture of helmets. Senna's yellow with blue and green band, Lauda's red with stylized Lauda Air "L", Prost's abstract blue arrow and so on.

Nowadays it looks like a driver has sat in a windtunnel whilst being blasted with paintballs by Stevie Wonder. With a mile long flock of geese overhead.

No taste, no intelligence, no thought, nothing.

Of the current designs, if one can apply that word, there are few worthy of consideration. Kekinho's, perhaps.
Old 7 May 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2875758)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Schuey used to have a really nice one. But he fell for the Marlboro bucks in 2000... oh, sorry, no, it was because people were mistaking him for Barrichello.

I expected him to change it back to the old design if he ever left Ferrari, but I guess he didn't want to alter the 'brand' anymore.
Old 7 May 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2876377)   #47
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Vettel in a Williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My 2 favourite Helmets....

And I prefer Nick's helmet over Lewis'
Old 7 May 2011, 20:29 (Ref:2876449)   #48
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't quite remember the last one...
Old 7 May 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2876498)   #49
Vettel in a Williams
Rookie

Scotland
Dundee
Vettel in a Williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I can't quite remember the last one...
The 2nd helmet belongs to Jacques Villeneuve
Old 7 May 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2876512)   #50
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
Used to be easy to have a mental picture of helmets. Senna's yellow with blue and green band, Lauda's red with stylized Lauda Air "L", Prost's abstract blue arrow and so on.

Nowadays it looks like a driver has sat in a windtunnel whilst being blasted with paintballs by Stevie Wonder. With a mile long flock of geese overhead.

No taste, no intelligence, no thought, nothing.

Of the current designs, if one can apply that word, there are few worthy of consideration. Kekinho's, perhaps.
So wait, are you trying to say that the guys who came up with random blocks and stripes that occasionally formed the letter of their first names or interpretations of their country's flag were in fact some kind of post modern minimalist geniuses?

Come on, some of you are being absolutely ridiculous. It's okay to think they're ugly, and that they're a bit garish. But no intelligence? Thought? You have to be kidding me. Vettel's Red Bull Can lid was brilliance. Most of you ***** about drivers helmets being cluttered by sponsorship and that ruining the design. That was a clever way to get around that.