Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Apr 2022, 16:45 (Ref:4107070)   #1
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
George Russell

I've been a fan of George for a few years. He seems a decent well brought up guy but I can't find any background to his family and wealth. Lando's background and dad's millions are well documented and how they gave Lando loads of testing.
Does Geoge come from a very wealthy family?
Old 17 Apr 2022, 17:10 (Ref:4107072)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://onestopracing.com/do-all-for...rich-families/
Old 17 Apr 2022, 19:47 (Ref:4107085)   #3
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is his father the Steve Russell who races a Cooper Bristol in historic events ?
Old 17 Apr 2022, 21:06 (Ref:4107090)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Is his father the Steve Russell who races a Cooper Bristol in historic events ?
I dont believe so.... This article says George's Father (Steve) ran a small pea and beans business which he sold to help fund George's career.
https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...t-worth-today/
Old 17 Apr 2022, 21:52 (Ref:4107091)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
His father was Jack. Played for England as a wicketkeeper.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 23:25 (Ref:4107208)   #6
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Very yappy behind the stumps
Old 19 Apr 2022, 05:34 (Ref:4107218)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hahaha

George had a corner named after him before he was even born!
Old 19 Apr 2022, 07:57 (Ref:4107230)   #8
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Barking up the wrong tree there
Old 19 Apr 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4107237)   #9
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Russell was born on February 15, 1998 in a British town named King’s Lynn to Steve and Alison Russell. He is the youngest of their three children

Steve Russell ran a small, yet successful peas and beans business when his son, George was born. However, he sold that business in order to aid Russell’s ambitions to pursue a career in motor sport. In addition, his mother, Alison also worked as a hairdresser.

In fact, the 23-year-old came from a family which didn’t have as much financial strength as a few other drivers on the current grid
Old 19 Apr 2022, 14:10 (Ref:4107266)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i could have tens of millions of dollars (what any one of us would consider wealthy) and still lack financial strength compared to a billionaire...'didn’t have as much financial strength' is a fairly vague way to say it imo.

but honestly, the 'peas and beans business' is more my lost in translation moment.

does this refer to a type of restaurant, a farmer, or a food processing company maybe? or something else entirely?
Old 19 Apr 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4107268)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
but honestly, the 'peas and beans business' is more my lost in translation moment.

does this refer to a type of restaurant, a farmer, or a food processing company maybe? or something else entirely?
It refers to a company described as:

Dunns (Long Sutton) Ltd are a major independent processor and supplier of seeds to agriculture in the U.K. Their range of products includes cereals, peas, beans, oilseeds, grass and other small seeds.

The company was purchased in 2012 by Gleadell Agriculture.
Old 19 Apr 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4107271)   #12
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think George should soon be able to nab the esteemed 'best driver from Kings Lynn' trophy from Martin Brundle given his current trajectory.
Old 19 Apr 2022, 14:55 (Ref:4107275)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It refers to a company described as:

Dunns (Long Sutton) Ltd are a major independent processor and supplier of seeds to agriculture in the U.K. Their range of products includes cereals, peas, beans, oilseeds, grass and other small seeds.

The company was purchased in 2012 by Gleadell Agriculture.
cool. thank you for that!
Old 19 Apr 2022, 15:08 (Ref:4107279)   #14
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
cool. thank you for that!
No worries - a Peas and Beans business is not a colloquialism (AFAIK).
Old 19 Apr 2022, 16:37 (Ref:4107293)   #15
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
I think George should soon be able to nab the esteemed 'best driver from Kings Lynn' trophy from Martin Brundle given his current trajectory.
Both competing for ‘second best sportsperson from King’s Lynn’ behind George North.
Old 19 Apr 2022, 18:08 (Ref:4107306)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
No worries - a Peas and Beans business is not a colloquialism (AFAIK).
lol i was really hoping it was a wacky English expression!
Old 19 Apr 2022, 18:26 (Ref:4107307)   #17
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
lol i was really hoping it was a wacky English expression!
We can make it one! We just have to figure out what it means. Maybe that is the key, it means whatever you want it to mean. It works in any situation.

I am counting on George to give Lewis the ole Peas and Beans at Imola this weekend!

Richard
Old 19 Apr 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4107311)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada

show him the ole peas on saturday but save the beans for sunday!
Old 20 Apr 2022, 08:23 (Ref:4107349)   #19
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nobody needs George to show off his peas.

He can give it the beans, but leave the peas in their pod. And the pod out of sight!
Old 20 Apr 2022, 08:59 (Ref:4107353)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm George makes nice peas

This year he has a tough job against Hamilton, but has done well so far. I expect him to get more results as the season goes on, especially when the Merc is improved
Old 20 Apr 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4107359)   #21
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm George makes nice peas

This year he has a tough job against Hamilton, but has done well so far. I expect him to get more results as the season goes on, especially when the Merc is improved
Im sure George's attempts will not suffer as a result of him not giving it the beans .
Old 20 Apr 2022, 15:43 (Ref:4107402)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
...but leave the peas in their pod. And the pod out of sight!
might be difficult given the FIA's recent desire to begin inspecting drivers' underwear!
Old 20 Apr 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4107410)   #23
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
might be difficult given the FIA's recent desire to begin inspecting drivers' underwear!
Does the FIA recent notice of reinforcement of the No Jewellery rule include 'Family Jewellery/Jewels'?
Asking for a friend.......
Old 20 Apr 2022, 21:18 (Ref:4107449)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Does the FIA recent notice of reinforcement of the No Jewellery rule include 'Family Jewellery/Jewels'?
Asking for a friend.......
tell your friend he best mind their peas and beans then!

honestly i dont even know what im laughing at! slow news day?