Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Mar 2004, 19:24 (Ref:890512)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber?!?

I had to laugh at this one....

In an interview today, Michael Schumacher was asked if he agreed that Alonso, Raikkonen and Montoya were the best of the sports new generation.

Schuey replied: "You forgot one guy, Webber."

Ralf Schumacher however, sees it differently to big bro. When asked about the possibility of Webber joining him next year:

'Webber?!'

'Well that would be much easier for me if it's Webber rather than Button. Sure, fine, I mean it's okay ... if that's what Frank wants.'

The guys a comedian.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 19:25 (Ref:890513)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, the link:

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html
Old 1 Mar 2004, 19:45 (Ref:890534)   #3
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little brother thinks he knows more than his big brother.I'd love to see Webber and Ralf together.If Ralf thinks his current team mate is tough then look out if he's partnered with Mark because he's in for a very rude awakening.A lot of team owners have said it was Webbers determination that got Jag to where they finished last year.That gained him a lot of respect in the paddock and his current stand on his potition with Jag has done nothing but strengthen it.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 1 Mar 2004 at 19:46.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 19:54 (Ref:890544)   #4
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ralphs in fantasy land.

Ralph has not out classed ANY of his team mates, and his one claim to fame was that he managed to beat button in qualifying stats in his first year...wow.

Lets see now, Mark webber got into F1 on skill and hard work and is highly rated by everyone (apart from Ralph) and has a long contract.

Ralph got into F1 on his Brothers recommendation and support, has never destroyed a team mate, has a reputation for being a push over in a race, and being inconsistant, and a accident prone in his early career...and in my view lots of his later career.

Button would kick his ass, like Montoya, Fisco, Hill did and webber would probably destroy ralph.

Webber is the kiss of death for team mates, none of his team mates are in F1, Alex Yoong, Pizzonia, Wilson if I where Ralph I'd be bricking it....
Old 1 Mar 2004, 20:42 (Ref:890597)   #5
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf has to get a contract for next year first, i don't think that he has to worry about ever being teammates with Webber because Webber's on his way up & Ralf's on his way down. On the comment by Michael, i think that's the best compliment Webber could've ever been given.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 20:59 (Ref:890619)   #6
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although Webber seems to be a good racer he has not had a fast teammate to deal with. RS tends to say stupid things at times but I think this is where he is headed. Everyone knows JV was fast and yet Button at times seemed to be faster than him. MW has so far beaten guys that are less than impressive. Not to take anything away from him, but IMO he still has not had to go up against the best. RS, is not slow. The problem with him is that he cant drive a bad car, and he is definately not a racer. I doubt Webber would beat him in qualifying but in the races I am confident Webber would be the one making the better moves.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 21:09 (Ref:890631)   #7
grumpy1
Veteran

Considering Webbers team mate in sportcars was Zonta,and he got a drive in F1 because of dollars,is no longer in F1 and as stated above he's open up a can of woop ass on all his team mates bend over Ralf because he's going to kick your ass to.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 1 Mar 2004 at 21:15.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 22:10 (Ref:890682)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Ok - some perspective.

Schumacher was asked this question where? At the Australian GP. And he mentioned Webber? Amazing.

As for Ralf, IMO I dont think he was talking about speed (he knows on average Webber was faster than him in Friday quals last season), but the fact that Williams and Button get along very well already.

I think Ralf was (quiet rightly) referring to the fact Button would fit into the team immediately, not that Webber is slow.

Disregard the above, just realised it gets in the way of a good driver bash.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 22:45 (Ref:890735)   #9
grumpy1
Veteran

Wrex maybe you should read the Gardian artical.Also you may want to take into account what Ralfie had to say yesterday in New Zealand to a BMW lunchon.Also the interveiw you refer to with MS was actually done Last month.He mentioned Webber not the interveiwer.I'm not driver bashing at all just pointing out a few truths.Webbers team mates have never fear very well against him regardless of the class or type of car.If thats driver bashing so be it.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 1 Mar 2004 at 22:45.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 22:47 (Ref:890738)   #10
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The interview Ralf gave in NZ yesterday is a further indication that he will part ways with Williams at years end.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 22:52 (Ref:890744)   #11
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I like Ralf alot but his got it all wrong with his views on Mark
Old 1 Mar 2004, 22:58 (Ref:890752)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
grumpy, the driver bash was about Ralf, not MW.

As for what he does to team-mates, I think only Michael and Fisi have ended more careers. Being put in a car next to Webber seems to be the kiss of death.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 23:36 (Ref:890784)   #13
P1-Paul
Rookie

P1-Paul should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Grumpy1, Mark Webber would certainly push Ralf, he has the most import racing attribute that Ralf lacks "CONSISTANCY"!
Old 1 Mar 2004, 23:39 (Ref:890786)   #14
P1-Paul
Rookie

P1-Paul should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...also, Jetsetter is thinking along the right lines!! I can see Ralf going to a certain Jap team in 2005 (if not before!!!!)............
Old 2 Mar 2004, 01:18 (Ref:890829)   #15
grumpy1
Veteran

Sorry Wrex I thought you were haveing a go at me.
Also is Pizzonia coming to Aussie?

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 2 Mar 2004 at 01:23.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 03:32 (Ref:890875)   #16
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Webber?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Schuey replied: "You forgot one guy, Webber."
Webber was Michael Schumacher's worshipper.

So, maybe Michael feel an obligation to praise Webber.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 03:51 (Ref:890879)   #17
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
or maybe ms is hinting in a subtle (or not so subtle) way that webber may be in line for a drive in, dare i say, one of the scarlet cars?....
Old 2 Mar 2004, 04:22 (Ref:890893)   #18
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know Webber would fit right in at Ferrari. Most probably has the same work ethic and attitude. But dunno about the raw speed. Time will tell.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 07:02 (Ref:890933)   #19
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber not having car speed? What? He was ahead of his car last season, he's a brilliant driver. I think MS is pretty right to praise him, he is great. But, i don't think he'd be at Ferrari. If he goes to williams, he'll probably end up in a Mclaren if he does well, even after all the sportscar **** that went down.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 07:12 (Ref:890936)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Webber said that he would never have anything to do with mercades again, so i think that rules McLaren out

JPM and Kimi will hold the McLaren seats down for quite a few seasons imo.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 08:27 (Ref:890972)   #21
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just thought, if RS is leaving Williams it means that they'll have no biad towards him over Montoya.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 11:14 (Ref:891099)   #22
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Webber?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Led ZeppF1
Webber was Michael Schumacher's worshipper.

So, maybe Michael feel an obligation to praise Webber.
Perhaps a mutual adimiration society is in sesson there but nevertheless-

Ralf has had his hand slapped by Michael, his face slapped by Sir Frank and Mr Head and his rse kicked by JPM.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 11:16 (Ref:891101)   #23
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by golem
You know Webber would fit right in at Ferrari. Most probably has the same work ethic and attitude. But dunno about the raw speed. Time will tell.
Maybe the work ethic and attitude is all the raw speed Ferrari want. The natural ascendency would see him at Williams first though, would it not?
Old 2 Mar 2004, 11:46 (Ref:891123)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although Webber was fast in qualifying last yer, he rarely got the job done in the races, the new points system flattered him, and he hasn't had a team-mate of much note to face yet. I'm not convinced that he's a superstar yet.

Initially, Webber would in my view be an easier opponent than Button - Jenson has more experience, has proved himself against a World Champion, and has already been in the Williams fold. Webber may have more longterm potential, but I'd go along with Ralf. Although I don't think he'll be staying at Williams either.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 21:39 (Ref:891733)   #25
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Although Webber was fast in qualifying last yer, he rarely got the job done in the races, the new points system flattered him, and he hasn't had a team-mate of much note to face yet. I'm not convinced that he's a superstar yet.

Initially, Webber would in my view be an easier opponent than Button - Jenson has more experience, has proved himself against a World Champion, and has already been in the Williams fold. Webber may have more longterm potential, but I'd go along with Ralf. Although I don't think he'll be staying at Williams either.
Surely, you're kidding...no, you are, are'nt you?

Didnt MW and JB finish equal last season? Yes

Was the Jaguar a better car than the BAR? Hardly

How did they go in qualifying ("raw speed")? 10-6 Webber

Teammates of note? Frank / Patrick said that Pizza-man was as quick as both his drivers when he came back.

I think Bunson would beat Ralfie but Webber would blow him away. Ralfie's playing the game of "get the easier guy and I'll look good".

We'll see next year because, no matter what happens in 04, MW and JB will likely be in fast cars next year...

BTW, are you a DC fan too?