Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Nov 2018, 23:18 (Ref:3862074)   #6051
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Hi
We are excited and serious.
We’ll be racing our 003C next weekend at COTA 24 of Texas.
If any of you are there please say Hello.
Same for 2019 VLN/N24.
More info about what we’re up to soon.
Best
Jim
Old 10 Nov 2018, 01:31 (Ref:3862082)   #6052
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Not sure how it's too expensive for them. There's no hard line on the expense to make your own car. If anything they'll adapt the current chassis and fit some unique bodywork on it. They seem to be getting a lot of life from the current one. We'll see.

You're assuming that the new regs will allow them to do so. Tub rules may make adapting existing cars impossible.

We won't know until they're released, obviously, but given the route they seem to be going I'd call it "optimistic" to assume that adapting a current chassis might be possible.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 02:24 (Ref:3862088)   #6053
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
You're assuming that the new regs will allow them to do so. Tub rules may make adapting existing cars impossible.

We won't know until they're released, obviously, but given the route they seem to be going I'd call it "optimistic" to assume that adapting a current chassis might be possible.
If that's the case, then it shouldn't be impossible for them in terms of costs since they've saved money using the car they've had for nearly a decade
Old 10 Nov 2018, 03:07 (Ref:3862092)   #6054
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
If that's the case, then it shouldn't be impossible for them in terms of costs since they've saved money using the car they've had for nearly a decade

That's cute, you think ByKolles had money. :P
Old 10 Nov 2018, 09:39 (Ref:3862115)   #6055
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Hi
We are excited and serious.
We’ll be racing our 003C next weekend at COTA 24 of Texas.
If any of you are there please say Hello.
Same for 2019 VLN/N24.
More info about what we’re up to soon.
Best
Jim
Best of luck Jim. Will keep an eye out for your team's over here in Europe.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3862134)   #6056
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewn7 View Post
Best of luck Jim. Will keep an eye out for your team's over here in Europe.
Thanks. More information in today’s press release from us.
I’ll post a link later.
Off to pre run The Baja 1000 which we will race in 2019 with our Glickenhaus Boot and then onto COTA with SCG 003C.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3862137)   #6057
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Thanks. More information in today’s press release from us.
I post a link later.
Off to pre run The Baja 1000 which we will race in 2019 with our Glickenhaus Boot and then onto COTA with SCG 003C.
Do you have any plans to expand the Boots program to include the Dakar? Seems that world domination is next on the list
Old 10 Nov 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3862151)   #6058
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Do you have any plans to expand the Boots program to include the Dakar? Seems that world domination is next on the list
Yes in 2020 we plan to race the Glickenhaus Boot in Paris to Dakar.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 15:15 (Ref:3862154)   #6059
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's cute, you think ByKolles had money. :P
They can't be short of a bob or two to keep doing what they're currently doing......
Old 10 Nov 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3862254)   #6060
Napolis
Veteran

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/1...qd3FbNapLRHHvU

Last edited by Napolis; 10 Nov 2018 at 20:52.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3862257)   #6061
Napolis
Veteran

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wTE...iEavbCyoYBaJ7M

Full Press Release
Old 10 Nov 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3862258)   #6062
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is a new thread dedicated to Glickenhaus LMP1:

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153445

Last edited by Adam43; 10 Nov 2018 at 22:19.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 23:18 (Ref:3862284)   #6063
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They can't be short of a bob or two to keep doing what they're currently doing......
My thoughts as well. If they were broke, there'd be no entry from them at all. But they are here, pay for their entry, drivers, engine, design their own car etc. None of that says to me that they are struggling for cash. That's not to say they're well off either.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 04:06 (Ref:3862325)   #6064
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
That's not to say they're well off either.

This is what I was getting at with my joke. Obviously they have money, but they're currently the most prevalent example of only having just enough to keep going.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3862360)   #6065
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But keep going they do, for which they get polite applause from me.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3862377)   #6066
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Agreed....But I'm still gonna poke fun at them when the opportunity presents itself.

Hey, Intersport got no protection and they were from my home state. And got better results. And produced my absolute all-time favorite car/livery combination. If they weren't off-limits, no way am I letting a team like ByKolles off the hook!
Old 11 Nov 2018, 13:14 (Ref:3862383)   #6067
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Agreed....But I'm still gonna poke fun at them when the opportunity presents itself.

Hey, Intersport got no protection and they were from my home state. And got better results. And produced my absolute all-time favorite car/livery combination. If they weren't off-limits, no way am I letting a team like ByKolles off the hook!
It's your opinion and your right, I suppose, but it serves no purpose than to give you amusement..... No-one is off limits but just saying 'Yah boo' to one team because you're favourite came in for some criticism seems pretty pointless....
Old 11 Nov 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3862408)   #6068
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am British so we will always support the underdog that turns up every race and tries, rather than the big budget teams that think that because they spend the most they have a right to win
Old 11 Nov 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3862413)   #6069
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Six years ago they got a job lot of fluorescent yellow paint which fell off the back of a lorry. Saved them a fortune since.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3862414)   #6070
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:

Amazing. Nothing wrong with the odd joke, as certainly I am up for with ByKolles. However your particular schadenfreude is bizarre. I think we might be getting to the nub of the issue.

Whatever, I’m totally up for them pulling off a good result. They’ve stuck with it for years. Fair play to them.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3862576)   #6071
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Whatever, I’m totally up for them pulling off a good result. They’ve stuck with it for years. Fair play to them.

100% agree. Keep in mind that just because I joke about something doesn't mean I hate it.
Old 23 Nov 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3865255)   #6072
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just seen this on Twitter from Mr Hindhaugh

"'Hearing - from a number of sources - that there's been a seismic shift in LMP1 2020 regs discussed at Wednesday meeting - considering de-restricting GTE-Pro cars to run for overall wins - not met with unanimous support from current GTE OEMs - may force return to 'Prototype' style car time short for inclusion in Dec FiA WMSC''

Very interesting....
Old 23 Nov 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3865259)   #6073
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Until a certain Mr. Goodwin says something about it I will consider that speculation...
Old 23 Nov 2018, 19:41 (Ref:3865295)   #6074
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds to me like the 2020 'hypercar' regs are in complete disarray, otherwise why would this (seemingly desperate) new proposal have even been made?
Old 23 Nov 2018, 20:03 (Ref:3865299)   #6075
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I think rather than believing that tweet it's better to be a little more nuanced and remember the bitterness of the person posting it...