Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 2 Dec 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3867475)   #2751
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another post on college course
Last looked at laithes which was good.Also looked at health and safety at a venue includimg access to a circuit paddocks and planning
Old 2 Dec 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3867477)   #2752
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Next you'll be telling us to complete a jsa and toolbox talk before going for breakfast.
Old 2 Dec 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3867485)   #2753
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Next you'll be telling us to complete a jsa and toolbox talk before going for breakfast.
Is that a Job Seekers Allowance, or Job Safety Analysis.... ? Or Both ?
Old 2 Dec 2018, 20:30 (Ref:3867492)   #2754
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
There's me thinking a "Toolbox talk" was only something our company does to relinquish responsibility to us.
Old 2 Dec 2018, 20:55 (Ref:3867497)   #2755
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just thought "toolbox talk" was some kind of erotic fantasy..... "Mmmm have you seen the latest Snap On ratchet?"

Phwoar

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Dec 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3867500)   #2756
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I just thought "toolbox talk" was some kind of erotic fantasy..... "Mmmm have you seen the latest Snap On ratchet?"

Phwoar

Not before bed time PLEASE!
Old 2 Dec 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3867517)   #2757
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Been at FJ AGM all day . Interesting talk about snap on ratchet . I’ve treated myself to a new one for Christmas . Not sure how the mighty T break thread has got onto snap on ratchets . Hey some good news it’s only 19 days to go and the evenings get lighter . Happy days
Old 2 Dec 2018, 22:59 (Ref:3867522)   #2758
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Snap On? Ooh how the other half live. We have to make do with Halford's.

Old 2 Dec 2018, 23:00 (Ref:3867523)   #2759
midgetman
Veteran

Speaking of "days to go." Only 30 days before we need a new tea break thread name. Can you believe it?

Old 2 Dec 2018, 23:29 (Ref:3867529)   #2760
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Phwoar

Hmm.

So what do you think of now when I mention the Tite-Reach Extension Wrenches?

http://www.tite-reach.com/

ETA: If only that 'r' was missing from the last word in the product name ...
Old 3 Dec 2018, 06:35 (Ref:3867573)   #2761
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Snap-On was expensive and more about the bling factor when I was an apprentice. I tended to buy Stahlwille which were just as durable- just not as shiny....

Anyone that needs to buy a considerable quantity of diesel (or petrol), my guess is to fill up soon. Looking at news today, crude prices have shot up by 5%, and production is about to be cut in order to boost it more..... Can’t see the current low forecourt prices remaining for too long! Oh well....
Old 3 Dec 2018, 07:53 (Ref:3867576)   #2762
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A question for Mike (or others), You've been on the rivet,, what about the Windmill?
Old 3 Dec 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3867595)   #2763
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bauble, I found an answer taken from urban dictionary but certainly not the one you're looking for because you're a genuine gentleman…
Old 3 Dec 2018, 11:41 (Ref:3867601)   #2764
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have thought of it

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 3 Dec 2018 at 11:51. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 3 Dec 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3867603)   #2765
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A question for Mike (or others), You've been on the rivet,, what about the Windmill?
Absolutely no idea.......
Old 3 Dec 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3867608)   #2766
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I can only assume it's the result of a cycling accident in (old) Amsterdam...
Old 3 Dec 2018, 13:46 (Ref:3867619)   #2767
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I can only assume it's the result of a cycling accident in (old) Amsterdam...
what a mouse.Where there on the stair.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 14:00 (Ref:3867621)   #2768
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In the Royal Navy, when conducting a tour of the ship for visiting attractive females, we used to encourage them to look for the "the golden rivet"!!!
Old 3 Dec 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3867628)   #2769
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I thought that might have been something I saw Guy Martin making from a block of wood in his Industrial TV series. It wasnt.... that was a copy of the Macmillan Velocipede. When he rides it and gets to a downhill section his legs were a bit like a windmill trying to keep up.

Did you have one of those, Bob?

Here is a brief clip of Guy's visit to a water mill he helped restore and then build the bike using the old 19th century machinery. (He had already built the wheels from wood previously) The full programme shows a lot more detail of what he did, and I thought was quite interesting. This is still interesting (I thought so anyway)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVYfDkvJ_oc

Last edited by E.B; 3 Dec 2018 at 14:22.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3867663)   #2770
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, Amsterdam, cycling and golden rivet. Surely this!
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=windmill
Old 3 Dec 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3867668)   #2771
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I tripped over this car by chance this afternoon. A ‘59 250GT Pininfarina Coupe fitted with a Chevy V8 and Ford 9” axle!

Apparently most cars that were converted to American V8 lumps in period have now got Ferrari engines fitted back in, but this one has escaped.....

https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=6049
Old 3 Dec 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3867703)   #2772
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

From my long-distant cycling days I can only think of the wild flailing of legs when a chain jumped off the main chainwheel......
Old 3 Dec 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3867722)   #2773
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Or at the beginning of a ride, adapting the gearing to warm up your muscles? Same as when climbing a hill?
What is the English equivalent of "en danseuse" (like a dancing woman)?
Old 3 Dec 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3867742)   #2774
bauble
Veteran

England
'On the windmill' referred to being in one's highest gear, and often with a 'tail gale' to assist, and spinning the pedals as if going down hill. A flat road the wind on your back maybe, and travelling at about 40mph, passing bus's and even slower cars.
A glorious feeling of power and speed …. and then you found a hill!!!!!!

In professional cycling someone who can spin a very high gear would be known as a 'Rouler' if my French is correct - Gerard?

Personally I used 53 tooth chain ring with a 12 tooth sprocket.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3867751)   #2775
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

Irony. The video link seems to be blocked in the UK due to Channel 4 and copyright issues.
Closed Thread