Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Jan 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2612385)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acox93 View Post
Now i look at it, the red lines do look a bit photoshopped.
I don't know much about using photoshop, but I do find it a bit odd that if you photoshop a livery on the car, why keep the IMSA sticker? Isn't it just as easy to put the blue over it?
Old 12 Jan 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2612423)   #27
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is Mansell Snr actually close to his old driving skills these days?
I agree. Mario Andretti was way off the pace in 2000 LM (albeit more senior in years to "Our Nige" ).

Guess it all appeals to the man in the street and the beer monsters at Le Mans.

If it gets an entry to the 24 hrs already feel kinda sorry for McNish et al (you know, the hardcore enduro drivers) with significant focus on the the eyebrowed one from the UK mass media. I never warm to ex-'greats', way beyond their best years, "having a go at Le Mans cos I've always fancied it..." etc.

For those that follow footy, liken it to Roy Keane spending last 6 months of his playing career at Celtic ("I always dreamt of playing for Celtic") but making no noticeable contribution.

IMO, the mystique of the race is amplified with the participation of drivers on the up / in their prime. I think of Schumacher 91 and, more recently, Loeb. (in the footy context - Henrik Larsson's tenure at Celtic).

I await the, all to, predictable excommunication for daring speak against Mansell's attempt to join the grid.

If he gets an entry, interesting to see who's on the reserve list.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2612428)   #28
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The team is entering the full Le Mans Series and is as entitled as any such team to expect a fairly warm handshake from the ACO.

And remeber that the LMS campaign isn't featuring Nige but instead Greg and Leo
Old 12 Jan 2010, 23:51 (Ref:2612485)   #29
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm. I'm not holding my breath then... Greg seems to go well, but Leo is a bit of a mystery, still. Dad did OK at Silverstone last year. Kept it pointed the right way, on the blackstuff, and quick, too. Not in JC-B's league, but then nothing else was, that day!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 00:42 (Ref:2612499)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I don't know much about using photoshop, but I do find it a bit odd that if you photoshop a livery on the car, why keep the IMSA sticker? Isn't it just as easy to put the blue over it?
That car is the ex-Straka chassis , and never had an IMSA sticker on it anyway .
Old 13 Jan 2010, 01:25 (Ref:2612515)   #31
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
That car is the ex-Straka chassis , and never had an IMSA sticker on it anyway .
Well that makes it even stranger then.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2612579)   #32
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The team's car is the ex Strakka car - That's not to say that the image that was photoshopped is the same one - either way they aren't doing Sebring
Old 14 Jan 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2613577)   #33
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
"That IMSA sticker almost gaurantees an appearance across the pond. Why would you put on an IMSA sticker before any other sponsors? To create pointless speculation for the hell of it? "

Because it is a photoshopped image of an earlier car - The team will not be at Sebring
Whilst I have no idea if it will be at Sebring, it isn't a Photoshop - the car was at AI today with IMSA stickers... odd that they would have put the stickers on over a fresh livery if it wasn't going to race in the ALMS?

Picture to follow tomorrow.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2613584)   #34
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Logo is indeed on the car at the ASI, but the team also confirmed there that plans are Le Mans and LMS and that Sebring is not planned.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2613591)   #35
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the team, plain and simple - the addition of the IMSA decals was a mistake.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2613593)   #36
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally View Post
From the team, plain and simple - the addition of the IMSA decals was a mistake.
Thats a shame, it was an exciting rumour whilst it lasted. The unexpected AMR rumour more than makes up for it however.
Old 15 Jan 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2613808)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally View Post
Are those IMSA decals official? or can you just make your own? Either way, it's a pretty funny mistake! I bet somebody with the team put it on there so people on the forums would talk about it.
Old 15 Jan 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2613880)   #38
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah ..... I bet there would be a right chuckle to find Le Mans stickers on a Force India F1 !!!
Old 16 Jan 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2614064)   #39
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I bet somebody with the team put it on there so people on the forums would talk about it.
I bet you they didn't!
Old 16 Jan 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2614388)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

Ahem ..... its real enough !!!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ekBeechdan.JPG
Old 16 Jan 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2614392)   #41
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Yup - And if you could read what I'd written elsewhere you'd have seen the explanation on Thursday!
Old 16 Jan 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2614410)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And I have!

Good looker that car
Old 17 Jan 2010, 00:27 (Ref:2614466)   #43
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
From most angles...
Old 18 Feb 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2635734)   #44
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Two-day shakedown for the car at Portimao, with all three Mansells on-hand and behind the wheel, according to Autosport.

I'm pretty curious to see how ol' Nige is going to compare to his sons on pace at the great race...
Old 18 Feb 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2635785)   #45
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some pics of the dunlop test.

http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...ance-3569.html
Old 18 Feb 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2635860)   #46
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
odd to see the Oreca there, thought they were running on Michelin tyre's for 2010.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2635868)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

Nope , Dunlops
Old 18 Feb 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2635872)   #48
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Nope , Dunlops
Yep, Dunlops.

Here

L.P.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 02:18 (Ref:2635992)   #49
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting, i gather the 908 could possibly run on dunlops as well then?
Old 19 Feb 2010, 03:59 (Ref:2636020)   #50
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That may be pushing the envelope for Dunlop. I know they are good, but the oil burners are a beast of another ilk!

L.P.