Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Sep 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3852562)   #101
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bond and Hardman were the ones behind the initial ST effort, getting two cars built at the expense of one of the Corollas. When that all fell apart, Mr Pickett bought both cars.
Old 25 Sep 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3852589)   #102
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Who Jim?

He did a handful of laps in one of the ST Lantras and declared it undrivable.
I was standing in pitlane at Amaroo Park that day. He did an out lap and cane in on the next lap and got out of the car and basically said it was the scariest POS he had ever driven and walkex away.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Sep 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3853087)   #103
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who Jim?

He did a handful of laps in one of the ST Lantras and declared it undrivable.
I'd swear he did a round at PI.
Old 28 Sep 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3853088)   #104
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Winton, I thought.
Old 28 Sep 2018, 09:39 (Ref:3853093)   #105
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Close?
Old 30 Oct 2018, 00:50 (Ref:3859856)   #106
Umai Naa
Veteran

Car count up to 5.

1x Audi, on loan.
1x Golf, on loan.
1x Honda, on loan.
2x Hyundai, on order.

Chat from around the place suggests that Nathan Morcom and Jordan Cox will pilot the two incoming Hyundais, out of the HMO equipe, with assistance from HMCA's N division.

Another party is still said to be searching for funds to field a third Hyundai, as previously mentioned.

5 months out from an anticipated March launch, and still a lack of certainty.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 01:34 (Ref:3859857)   #107
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Golf was sitting in the paddock at Eastern Creek on the weekend. Nice looking piece of kit.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 04:31 (Ref:3860052)   #108
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TCR Team Prius Coming To A Race Track Near You

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 31 Oct 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3860097)   #109
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what I am hearing a decent field of cars will appear from a range of manufacturers with about 7 rounds to be held.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 13:06 (Ref:3860114)   #110
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
From what I am hearing a decent field of cars will appear from a range of manufacturers with about 7 rounds to be held.
They said something similar about the UK series. Started with 13 cars, finished with about 11. Racing was largely dull occasionally enlivened by some average driving standards. Not excited by it at all.

Cars are surprisingly fast, though. A team of them beat radical sportscars in the 6 hour Silverstone relay last weekend. Probably helped by lousy weather conditions, but even so, that was unexpected.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 06:14 (Ref:3860247)   #111
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been watching WTCR and I have to agree with Woolley. The cars are boring until someone gets too keen, and they let people get away with a fairly obvious nerf.

World Rallycross seems way more entertaining to me!
Old 1 Nov 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3860252)   #112
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Car count up to 5.

1x Audi, on loan.
1x Golf, on loan.
1x Honda, on loan.
2x Hyundai, on order.

Chat from around the place suggests that Nathan Morcom and Jordan Cox will pilot the two incoming Hyundais, out of the HMO equipe, with assistance from HMCA's N division.

Another party is still said to be searching for funds to field a third Hyundai, as previously mentioned.

5 months out from an anticipated March launch, and still a lack of certainty.
I'm certainly no category promoter, but I still think the most effective way to ensure TCR gets off the ground is to open the series up for the first year or two to production cars and even possibly some late-model U2L Improved Production cars (normally aspirated).

It takes a brave person to buy a TCR car at the moment for a TCR-only series when the Championship is dependant on ten or so other people to do the same. Letting other slower cars in to fill the grid takes the pressure off getting enough cars for the first year.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 09:42 (Ref:3860290)   #113
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I've been watching WTCR and I have to agree with Woolley. The cars are boring until someone gets too keen, and they let people get away with a fairly obvious nerf.

World Rallycross seems way more entertaining to me!
WTCR isnt the pinnacle in terms of quality racing.

Watch TCR Europe and TCR Germany instead. TCR Italy isn't bad either.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3860299)   #114
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
WTCR isnt the pinnacle in terms of quality racing.
TBH I kinda just grabbed it so I could get a feel.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3860302)   #115
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have to say that V8SC it's the unbeatable category for both popularity, spectacle and professionalism in Australia. And I really like the series although i preferred the older generation of cars

But if the young australians want to commit themselves in a professional career that is not in V8SC, WTCR is just the best option now. It's the new global touring car category, it's exploding all over the world and it would be good also for Australia, for the national importer that could have their cars involved in a championship. And I think it's way more viable than the GTs.

Not everyone could make it to V8SC, so I think TCR Australia it's just good.

As the other said, WTCR is boring for the tracks. The other championships are good, the cars are the typically touring cars that allow side by side and contacts
Old 1 Nov 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3860304)   #116
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
As the other said, WTCR is boring for the tracks. The other championships are good, the cars are the typically touring cars that allow side by side and contacts
The problem is being FWD and very equal in performance by nature, the only way you can get past is to nerf someone and the weight penalties and BOP are even more artificial than the "evil" Supercar parity complaints.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 10:37 (Ref:3860309)   #117
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The problem is being FWD and very equal in performance by nature, the only way you can get past is to nerf someone and the weight penalties and BOP are even more artificial than the "evil" Supercar parity complaints.
Yes but they're not spec cars, they have different charateristics and that ensure different actions and different overtakes on track. Plus these cars are not heavy in weight like NGTC BTCC cars.

In regard of wight penalties I agree, it's a shame. A good Bop like in the Blancpain GT would help a lot. They have to sort something, that's sure, but as potential this category it's promising in my opinion. Obviously it's competely different by V8SC, would be silly to make any comparision
Old 1 Nov 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3860311)   #118
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post

It takes a brave person to buy a TCR car at the moment for a TCR-only series
It's not risky as you can always sell the car back overseas. Superutes and S5000 are far more risky, as they cannot be used in any other category.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 10:50 (Ref:3860312)   #119
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
It's not risky as you can always sell the car back overseas. Superutes and S5000 are far more risky, as they cannot be used in any other category.
Wonder if any local tightwards will spring for a Seat, as they've been around the longest and go for pretty cheap prices compared to the others. But I think people are going to try to at least get a manufacturer logo on the side and pretend its a factory car.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3860335)   #120
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed, WTCR is dull as dishwater, but TCR Germany has quite good action.

Do the other TCR series use the same ballast adjustments as the WTCR series?

Given the cars already have an equivalent power to weight to start with, I don't see why it's necessary to add or subtract additional ballast on top of that. These adjustments in ballast per manufacturer seem to be too powerful. A penalty to Audi suddenly has all the Audis down the middle to back, a concession to Audi suddenly has all the Audis up the front and so on.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3860341)   #121
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Do the other TCR series use the same ballast adjustments as the WTCR series?
BoP is the same all around the world, compensation weights are different.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3860345)   #122
Mixer
Veteran

If that is the case what is the screwing around with boost In WTCR? it seems arbitrary.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Nov 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3860527)   #123
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Who is saying this or is it another internet rumour?
Old 4 Nov 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3860944)   #124
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If that is the case what is the screwing around with boost In WTCR? it seems arbitrary.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Because the boost BoP is a WTCR-only thing. Decided by FIA with an ambiguous behaviour.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...hows-slovakia/
Old 5 Nov 2018, 00:19 (Ref:3860996)   #125
Umai Naa
Veteran

Calendar announced.