Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 3 Jun 2003, 18:03 (Ref:619473)   #1
27tim
Racer

27tim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
International C licence question....

Hey There...

I've got a international c but don't think I am going to race this year...However I got plans for next year ;-)...The question is this, are there any stipulations to keeping my international c...do I have to do at least one race to keep it up? Unfortunatley I tossed away the blue book the other day (DOH!) so can't look myself...

Can someone have a look and give me a difinitive answer?

Thanks a lot!

Tim.

Last edited by 27tim; 3 Jun 2003 at 18:05.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 18:29 (Ref:619512)   #2
27tim
Racer

okay I found the answer...I don't need to do squat to keep it :-)

Thanks!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 18:58 (Ref:619553)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
apart from stump up the cash!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 19:30 (Ref:619577)   #4
27tim
Racer

yeah, but thats a lot less than having to stump up the cash for a half decent seat for a weekend...<huge sigh of relief> :-)
Old 3 Jun 2003, 20:33 (Ref:619647)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True.

What are you planning next year?

I did my first over seas meeting this year at Spa. I did it on a Nat A, but it'll have to be a Int C next year (no probs), but it's worth mentioning to remind everyone.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 21:44 (Ref:619714)   #6
27tim
Racer

Hey Adam,

I'm planning to get out in Brit GTs with EE Sport running the Holden Monaro :-)
Old 4 Jun 2003, 06:33 (Ref:620061)   #7
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forget, how much is the Int C license?
Old 4 Jun 2003, 08:45 (Ref:620144)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
with the relaxation of the number of signatures required for this year most people shud be able to qualify for Int C. However as I understand it unless your car has FIA papers you will not be able to race abroad after next year. Which presumably means a lot of the National club series will stop going abroad. A pretty good argument for making sure yr car has papers!
Old 4 Jun 2003, 10:16 (Ref:620261)   #9
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you get FIA papers for a car?
Old 4 Jun 2003, 10:25 (Ref:620276)   #10
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RMR
How do you get FIA papers for a car?
I'm glad you asked that RMR. Can someone give an idiot's guide to this, what kind of papers do you need, is it something that is easy to do or what?
Old 4 Jun 2003, 13:16 (Ref:620539)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Richy_Rich
I forget, how much is the Int C license?
Just over 100 quid. IIRC.

27tim, that sounds like fun.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 08:35 (Ref:621510)   #12
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on someone must know how to get these FIA papers on a car????????
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:00 (Ref:621738)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
your car has to have been homogolated in period and the FIA will therefore have FIA spec for your car. This will be relevant if your make of car had international racing history in period. It is possible that if your car was only ever raced domestically that you will not be able to get papers for it. I think this could be true for Hillman Imps but I am probably wrong!
At this point it gets a little grey as there is talk of papers being subdivided into gold and normal papers. If your actual car has period history then it should be eligible for gold papers and if it just complies to the spec/weight etc.. then it will get normal papers.
In the case of single seaters and sports racers etc.. you should be nervous of a car without period racing history in case it shares its chassis number with another car! In the case of saloons its unlikely that there are very many original period history cars around as they were not worth enough at the time to keep after a season of door banging!
The upside to this is that any car with FIA papers will increase in value as the demand for them will increase but I guess it means that some of the "more affordable" series will become domestic series. The MSA should be able to help anyone with queries asto how to get papers for their car