Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Apr 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3632727)   #2926
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
1) It was updated to the new 2016 Spec.
2) Yet to be determined.
L.P.
Hi Lance,

I don't track the Corvette Racing serial numbers as closely as before but do get curious when I see new chassis mentioned. My last personal confirmation was the Indy IMSA race in 2014:

C7RGT-002 was race number 4
C7RGT-003 was race number 3

That was the event where Gary Pratt and Dan Binks (to drop some big names) told me that 001 "would probably be at COTA" and it was as #65 WEC.

Then I found this last year:

2015 LeMans Chassis Numbers

50 - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R - C7.RGT-002
63 - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R - C7.RGT-003
64 - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R - C7.RGT-001

Do you know the numbers for IMSA, LeMans and WEC this year?

Regards,

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 14 Apr 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3632755)   #2927
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Hi Lance,

I don't track the Corvette Racing serial numbers as closely as before but do get curious when I see new chassis mentioned. My last personal confirmation was the Indy IMSA race in 2014:

C7RGT-002 was race number 4
C7RGT-003 was race number 3

That was the event where Gary Pratt and Dan Binks (to drop some big names) told me that 001 "would probably be at COTA" and it was as #65 WEC.

Then I found this last year:

2015 LeMans Chassis Numbers

50 - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R - C7.RGT-002
63 - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R - C7.RGT-003
64 - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R - C7.RGT-001

Do you know the numbers for IMSA, LeMans and WEC this year?

Regards,
This is what I know,.... also the '16 cars are new homologations to the new spec, so... It seems '15 C7.RGT-001 is the AAI car, the Labre car is C7.RGT-002 and the 003 was updated and re-homologated to the '16 spec

@olivergavin Is the new C7RGT-001 chassis the #3 or #4 car? Of course the other car presumably would be chassis C7RGT-002. Correct?
@olivergavin 17 Nov 2015 Daytona Beach, FL @EllPerry2 the #4 car is 001 and the #3 car is 002.17 Nov 2015
@olivergavin Thnx Oliver.

The 2 werks team cars are completely new chassis built to the new '16 spec. I am not sure as to what is being utilized to delineate the '15 and '16 spec homologations in the chassis id nomenclature.

L.P.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3632765)   #2928
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
Quote:
This is what I know,.... also the '16 cars are new homologations to the new spec, so... It seems '15 C7.RGT-001 is the AAI car, the Labre car is C7.RGT-002 and the 003 was updated and re-homologated to the '16 spec

@olivergavin Is the new C7RGT-001 chassis the #3 or #4 car? Of course the other car presumably would be chassis C7RGT-002. Correct?
@olivergavin 17 Nov 2015 Daytona Beach, FL @EllPerry2 the #4 car is 001 and the #3 car is 002.17 Nov 2015
@olivergavin Thnx Oliver.

The 2 werks team cars are completely new chassis built to the new '16 spec. I am not sure as to what is being utilized to delineate the '15 and '16 spec homologations in the chassis id nomenclature.
L.P.
Thanks, LANE (sorry about the senior moment). That is an interesting development with the numbers. It also looks like the old convention of giving #3 the odd chassis number and #4 the even number has gone by the wayside as well.

Old 2 May 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3637917)   #2929
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
If, for fellow Corvette fans, watching Laguna this weekend was as satisfying as as kissing your sister, I can guarantee a much better experience watching HERE. Three Corvettes taking on a field of almost 30 German cars in a German racing series sounds like a tough place to be. Right?

Spoiler HERE.

Old 2 May 2016, 18:45 (Ref:3637918)   #2930
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SAVE the KISSING your Sister comment until after LM
Old 3 May 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3638216)   #2931
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If, for fellow Corvette fans, watching Laguna this weekend was as satisfying as as kissing your sister
That's one amazing analogy
Old 3 May 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3638234)   #2932
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
SAVE the KISSING your Sister comment until after LM
Because......???

Old 3 May 2016, 22:53 (Ref:3638277)   #2933
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Kissing your sister will finally be as satisfying as a corvette lm 1-2-3-4-5
Old 3 May 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3638280)   #2934
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
" Satisfying as LM 1-2-3-4-5 ?"

I think you must have meant 5-6-7-8-9

As we know at LM The Fords will be 1-2-3-4
Old 9 Jun 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3648557)   #2935
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find it impressive how Corvette has now lost total of 0,5mm air restrictor in PRO without actually racing in Europe once this season prior LM.

As I said over at the LM section, they made massive mistake in accidentally going fastest at the Test Day. Now penalty "must" be paid while others (except fellow Ferrari of course) continue to receive breaks.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3660864)   #2936
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Great to see 100 Corvette wins get so much attention. Especially in the matter the Lime Rock win came. They are competitive on speed again after seeing them get outclassed big time at Laguna, Le Mans, and Watkins Glen.

Granted some of those "wins" happened in 2007, 2008 with now GT1 competition. Not there fault though
Old 8 Sep 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3671047)   #2937
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will just drop this here....

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...te-c7-gt3.html

Ernst Wohr
“In the USA, at the moment, we can’t race there. When I got the signature from GM to say that I could homologate it with the FIA, we had to sign that we wouldn’t run it in North America. They don’t want competition with Cadillac and their future programmes. I told them that VW group has four cars racing, but they don’t care.

L.P.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 17:11 (Ref:3671048)   #2938
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Just publicly saying what everyone already knew, haha.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 17:23 (Ref:3671050)   #2939
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe we should all use social media to tell GM that we'd like to see the car over here. My suggestion for a hashtag: #LetCallawayRace.

Can't hurt, and it might help.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 17:30 (Ref:3671053)   #2940
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Just publicly saying what everyone already knew, haha.
Not everyone, as some refuse to believe that GM has that power over the program or the path of homologation. Have had that discussion repeatedly.....

L.P.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3671061)   #2941
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I will just drop this here....

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...te-c7-gt3.html

Ernst Wohr
“In the USA, at the moment, we can’t race there. When I got the signature from GM to say that I could homologate it with the FIA, we had to sign that we wouldn’t run it in North America. They don’t want competition with Cadillac and their future programmes. I told them that VW group has four cars racing, but they don’t care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Maybe we should all use social media to tell GM that we'd like to see the car over here. My suggestion for a hashtag: #LetCallawayRace.

Can't hurt, and it might help.

Competing with Cadillac? Competing for what PWC GT wins? They aren't competing for sales, because GM don't sell the Caddy. They aren't competing in IMSA because Caddy doesn't run there.

An outright ban is not the best path forward in my opinion. What if a person wanted to buy the Corvette GT3 for a track day car? Would GM ban that?
Old 8 Sep 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3671064)   #2942
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Competing with Cadillac? Competing for what PWC GT wins? They aren't competing for sales, because GM don't sell the Caddy. They aren't competing in IMSA because Caddy doesn't run there.

An outright ban is not the best path forward in my opinion. What if a person wanted to buy the Corvette GT3 for a track day car? Would GM ban that?
Nobody can really explain why GM doesn't want the competition other than for fear they might get beat. Which, is quite ironic seeing as they openly welcome all competition from a PR standpoint.

Unless it's a GT3 car built by a different company, in Europe. Or a home built GT2 Corvette...

But, everyone else, please, compete with us!
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 8 Sep 2016, 19:08 (Ref:3671077)   #2943
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:

What is so hard to understand? Caddy races in the top class of PWC, Corvette races in the top class of 'ACO' affiliated endurance GT. They (GM) do not want their brands in direct competition of each other nor do they wish for one to overshadow the other (directly) so it is set up that way. Keeps the bean counters/marketing happy. If the Callaway GT3 Corvette was allowed to run in N. America it would be in direct competition with Caddy, unless you suggest letting it run in IWSC but BAN it from PWC, that IMO is a non starter. As the new DPi reportedly is wholly a Dallara project with no PM involvement then the GT3 Caddy project may well live on. Was hoping to see the Callaway transition to PWC but with P&M not being involved with the DPi it is looking way less likely, if it ever was likely.

L.P.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3671079)   #2944
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Competing with Cadillac? Competing for what PWC GT wins?
For PR.

As one scenario, you know how Callaway spends half the article complaining they get bad BoP? If Callaway were to bring its cars to North America then GM suddenly ends up with the responsibility of BoP lobbying for that car too so it doesn't embarrass the brand but if it's good it's taking exposure from the Cadillacs they're spending all the marketing money on. In the worst case someone starts asking why GM needs to be running a factory team at all and they're all out of a job.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3671085)   #2945
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding is they have GT3 homologation so there is nothing to stop a team buying one and racing in the US... Technically.

But from what I've heard on here and RLM, GM have a contract saying they can't sell in the US.

Not sure if that means there's anything to stop a team buying a car in the UK, and shipping it themselves to the US. Then running it in PWC.

Again, not sure, but seems a shame. Not a fan of the caddy especially as it's not strictly a GT3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 Sep 2016, 20:16 (Ref:3671095)   #2946
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
My understanding is they have GT3 homologation so there is nothing to stop a team buying one and racing in the US... Technically.

But from what I've heard on here and RLM, GM have a contract saying they can't sell in the US.

Not sure if that means there's anything to stop a team buying a car in the UK, and shipping it themselves to the US. Then running it in PWC.

Again, not sure, but seems a shame. Not a fan of the caddy especially as it's not strictly a GT3

I would imagine that the clause is passed on in the sales contract of the cars. So that means ZERO support from Callaway or GM, which equals ZERO spare parts on a homologated car. Hard to race it with no spare parts whatsoever. As well as probably negating yourself as a future customer of both.

L.P.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3671115)   #2947
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I would imagine that the clause is passed on in the sales contract of the cars. So that means ZERO support from Callaway or GM, which equals ZERO spare parts on a homologated car. Hard to race it with no spare parts whatsoever. As well as probably negating yourself as a future customer of both.

L.P.

All good points.

My point was theoretically there's nothing stopping anyone, but as you say, it wouldn't be worth while thinking about as a team!

Old 12 Sep 2016, 08:46 (Ref:3671821)   #2948
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would Cadillac sell a car to a European customer then? The Caddys would certainly be welcome in BES/BSS.
AFAIK they are homologated for international use.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3671909)   #2949
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
European times have tried.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 23:39 (Ref:3671985)   #2950
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think this pertains to the "future of Corvette" http://www.autoblog.com/2016/09/12/2...vette-details/. Will we see a mid engined Vette in gte in a couple years?