Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Dec 2007, 12:05 (Ref:2091209)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
2008 sporting and technical regulations updated

Fresh off the FIA website.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public...df?Openelement

Old 18 Dec 2007, 13:57 (Ref:2091289)   #2
Spawinte
Rookie

Ireland
Dundalk, Ireland
Spawinte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there any major changes in there from last year, I don't know them off by heart or anything.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2091317)   #3
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Sporting" regulations??
Old 18 Dec 2007, 15:27 (Ref:2091337)   #4
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One change I have already noticed to the Sporting Regs is in regards to testing, the 30000km per calendar year maxiumum and the more rigid definition of what is and what is not considered "testing".

Next Sporting observation is the 4 race gearbox.

Finished reading the Sporting Regulations, I don't see any other major/obvious changes besides those listed above.

Last edited by shiny side up!; 18 Dec 2007 at 15:34.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2092901)   #5
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying

http://www.flagworld.auto123.com/en/...py?artid=93007
Looks like Q3 will no longer have the fuel burn off, so it will be 5 minutes of nothing, followed by a mad scramble for pole - I like it!
Old 20 Dec 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2092909)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
"Q3 becomes 10 minutes, instead of 15," Domenicali added, explaining that competitors will no longer be allowed to add fuel to their cars before the Grand Prix."

hmmm.....interesting.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 19:23 (Ref:2092910)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
http://www.flagworld.auto123.com/en/...py?artid=93007
Looks like Q3 will no longer have the fuel burn off, so it will be 5 minutes of nothing, followed by a mad scramble for pole - I like it!
More like 2 runs, with a little bit of time to find "empty" track
Old 20 Dec 2007, 20:45 (Ref:2092963)   #8
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Does anyone else get the impression the Nero (Mad Max) is fiddling while Rome (F1) burns?
Old 20 Dec 2007, 22:04 (Ref:2093013)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
More like 2 runs, with a little bit of time to find "empty" track
What do you mean by find "empty" tank? No need to burn anything off, just start with what you need for Q and the race. You don't put anything back in after Q3 if I am reading this correctly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting regs.
29) REFUELLING
29.1 a) Refuelling is only permitted in the team’s designated garage area or the FIA garage.
b) Fuel may not be added to nor removed from any car eligible to take part in Q3 between the start of Q3 and the start of the race, unless any eligible car was unable to take part in which case c) below will apply.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 22:10 (Ref:2093017)   #10
Chaos81
Racer

United States
Chaos81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
What do you mean by find "empty" tank?
He said empty track, not empty tank.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 22:15 (Ref:2093023)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good point, well made. I thought it was odd, which was why I questioned it! I'm off to practice reading, and sportsmanship.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 22:41 (Ref:2093028)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It must have been my accent
Old 21 Dec 2007, 00:13 (Ref:2093067)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin
Does anyone else get the impression the Nero (Mad Max) is fiddling while Rome (F1) burns?
Perfect picture of the current situation !
Old 21 Dec 2007, 01:44 (Ref:2093090)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I can't see Rome being aloud to be burned! far from it! Maybe Woking or Milton Keynes.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 02:26 (Ref:2093104)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's not get into geography and recent wounds, after all we're still alive. The vision of Max with an harp trying to produce something close to music is comedy enough for this season, a perfect finale.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 02:47 (Ref:2093110)   #16
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the rate they are going, i predict that by 2010, the sporting regulations will be abolished, and by 2012, the technical regulations will be abolished.

Afterall, you won't need sporting regs for a business model, and what are technical regulations for if everyone is racing a push-cart.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 11:11 (Ref:2093266)   #17
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spare cars are banned from 2008, I just read. I hope the FIA is aware of the consequences of that ban.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 15:52 (Ref:2093389)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which consequences are you referring to? One could be drivers unwilling to go out much on Friday due to fears of smashing the car up and taking an early retirement from the weekend before qualifying has even begun.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 16:44 (Ref:2093411)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Seems to have been confirmed now.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...ifying-format/

That last ten minutes should be really good.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 16:47 (Ref:2093415)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
At the rate they are going, i predict that by 2010, the sporting regulations will be abolished, and by 2012, the technical regulations will be abolished.
2011 looks set to be a classic then.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 17:15 (Ref:2093431)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R

Afterall, you won't need sporting regs for a business model, and what are technical regulations for if everyone is racing a push-cart.
This may give you some idea of what the FIA have in mind for the future.

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...201207-01.html
Old 21 Dec 2007, 19:57 (Ref:2093514)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
More changes to sporting regs and sporting code.

Confirms qualifying changes.

New sporting code.

Old 21 Dec 2007, 23:25 (Ref:2093584)   #23
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Seems to have been confirmed now.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...ifying-format/

That last ten minutes should be really good.
Doesn't actually confirm there is no refuelling after Q3, I hope that wasn't just wishful thinking by Planet F1.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 23:45 (Ref:2093594)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
Doesn't actually confirm there is no refuelling after Q3, I hope that wasn't just wishful thinking by Planet F1.
Article 29 (b) of refuelling states.

"Fuel may not be added to nor removed from any car eligible to take part in Q3 between the start of Q3 and the start of the race, unless any eligible car was unable to take part in which case c) below."

29 c basically says that they have to declare the amount of fuel they wish to start the race with in writing and then the refuelling can be done after being released from parc ferme.

So they'll be qualifying with lots of fuel onboard.

Last edited by Marbot; 21 Dec 2007 at 23:52.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 23:51 (Ref:2093597)   #25
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Thanks Martyn